Apocalypse Will/Should Quicksilver's Father Be Addressed

MadVillainy

C'mon Son
Reaction score
They had a cool nod/easter egg to Quicksilver being Magneto's son and Michael Fassbender did say Quicksilver was Magneto's son (http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Mich...ind-Magneto-Connection-Quicksilver-43123.html)

We also heard that Quicksilver will be in this new movie, so basically I'm asking should the fact that Quicksilver is Magneto's son be officially, outright addressed

I think it should. It could bring some interesting bits for different characters. As long as it does not detact from the film or feel out of place

I could live without it. I also don't want this family drama or family revelations like "oh I'm your son" "I'm your dad" business in this movie series.

Definitely should be, the reason he will join Charles or Erik.

I wonder how magneto will find out? They could follow the comics and have peter join the brotherhood first and then he finds out but I'm not sure how

I go as far and say they should use it as a mini-subplot. Humanizing Magneto is always nice.

Magneto seemed to have already figured out Quicksilver could be his son. Maybe he'll go back to Peter's house and offer him a place by his side.

If they buff up Quicksilver's role and he is torn whether to be a good or bad guy, then yes of course :)

Definitely need to bring it up. Also go the whole way and have Magneto treat him as inferior and constantly putting him down to show that even his family isn't safe from his crusade.

Last edited:
Definitely need to bring it up. Also go the whole way and have Magneto treat him as inferior and constantly putting him down to show that even his family isn't safe from his crusade. On this subject, I wonder what magneto would make of the twins predicament in avenger 2, being prisoners of nazis the way he was.

That would be great but also pushing him like all fathers do because he expects better from him than others because he is the son of Magneto. Would be great to seer.

I would like them to, but I highly doubt they will.
So far the films actively ignore all family relations. I'm surprised we even got a throw away line in the Future past. So far we have:
Cyclops/havok
Quicksilver/Magneto
Mystique/Azazel/Nightcrawler
Rogue/Mystique
Juggernaut/Xaiver

And maybe some others. Only one backstory was given to was Wolverine/Sabertooth. I think that has largely to do with one half being Wolverine.

I would like them to, but I highly doubt they will.
So far the films actively ignore all family relations. I'm surprised we even got a throw away line in the Future past. So far we have:
Cyclops/havok
Quicksilver/Magneto
Rogue/Mystique
Juggernaut/Xaiver

And maybe some others. Only one backstory was given to was Wolverine/Sabertooth. I think that has largely to do with one half being Wolverine.

I mentioned elsewhere that this is one of my main problems with this franchise. The way they leave out all the relationships, especially Xavier and Juggernaut. I was really shocked that they hinted Magneto and Quicksilver being father/son :funny:

Cyclops/havok
Quicksilver/Magneto
Rogue/Mystique
Juggernaut/Xaiver
1. They still can be brothers, in Ultimate Alex was older brother.
2. It's sure they're related if you watched DOFP.
3. It wasn't said in movie, but she started to cry when saw Azazel photo.
4. Maybe in new reality rogue grow up under Mystqiue care.
5. They weren't brothers in Ultimate.

Mystique has already taken Juggernauts place as Charles wayward 'relative' who he desperately wants to redeem.

If, and only if, it's a natural progression of the story. It's been addressed in DOFP, and no-one cares about QS's mother. Let's move on and ignore it unless plot dictates QS and Mags come to some sort of impasse. Let's not go Star Wars cliche for the sake of it!!

They've already done more to acknowledge their relationship then they have Mystique and Nightcrawler. I'm sure we'll get more if not a full on confirmation for Magneto and Quicksilver sooner rather than later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"