The Dark Knight Quit comparing Two-Face to Venom...

Let me explain a few things about the Hype to you seeing as how you're fairly new.

First, this website is full of fanatics who will argue things to the death, so no "exposition" is ever "superfluous". If you don't support your claims on this forum you will get eaten alive.

Second, posting in huge letters is extremely annoying. We don't like that. Not. One. Bit. So, me watching, some mod will take the ban button to you -- laughing while he does it. (I'm kidding, of course).

:o

that's his answer to everything. MAKING BIGGER FONTS

I agree. I don't think SM3 is "one of the worst movies ever," unless you don't watch many movies (including those this board was created for). But it was a disappointment and Venom was underdeveloped. Two-Face had about as much screentime as Venom if not more, but he was a central character in his scenes and not supporting. He became the main threat at the climax and forever affected the character (so did Venom, but his killing Harry was rather a secondary way to kill off the character). Also, Harvey Dent is arguably the main character or one of the four leads (which I prefer to look at it as). There are four leads, not one or two here: Christian Bale, Heath Ledger, Aaron Eckhart and Gary Oldman.

Some fanboys just cannot let go of anything.

I agree. I don't think SM3 is "one of the worst movies ever," unless you don't watch many movies (including those this board was created for). But it was a disappointment and Venom was underdeveloped. Two-Face had about as much screentime as Venom if not more, but he was a central character in his scenes and not supporting. He became the main threat at the climax and forever affected the character (so did Venom, but his killing Harry was rather a secondary way to kill off the character). Also, Harvey Dent is arguably the main character or one of the four leads (which I prefer to look at it as). There are four leads, not one or two here: Christian Bale, Heath Ledger, Aaron Eckhart and Gary Oldman.

Some fanboys just cannot let go of anything.

See point 2 of the original post. Two-Face had more than twice as much screen time as Venom.

Total: 18 minutes, 15 seconds
Fascinating. Joker had about 27 minutes of screentime in the entire film. I didn't expect Two-Face to have that large a chunk of time, especially since Dent already has such a large presence in the film pre-scarring.

Fascinating. Joker had about 27 minutes of screentime in the entire film. I didn't expect Two-Face to have that large a chunk of time, especially since Dent already has such a large presence in the film pre-scarring.

Really? I remember counting it before and though I don't remember now I thought it was close to 40 minutes.

My reply to what you've said would be that: Two-Face was fantastic and left us wanting more. Venom was a disappointment and left us wanting something different. ( 'us' being me and my symbiote)

Fixed! :woot:

Hmm, I'll have to figure out how much screentime the Joker had now. You got me wondering.

Fixed! :woot:

:oldrazz:

I'm almost certain the final battle with Two-Face only lasted about 5 minutes though. I will agree he is nothing like the Venom fiasco however, but I also think Nolan should've saved Two-Face for part 3 some way, as I feel as cool as the character was, he is much more than a revenge obsessed psycho, he brings his own brand of justice, which would've been a fantastic contrasting theme to have in 3.

Two-Face/Harvey Dent was incredibly faithful visually and had a solid focused storyline, despite only being in one movie his end actually pushes the story along. Venom was just a damn waste. Raimi had no interest, it was obvious, but SM3 is nothing like Dark Knight.

all i have to say is spiderman 3 was one of the worst movies i've ever seen

I know you said one of but did you see Ghost rider?

Two Face left me wanting more but I felt/accepted his death as an end to the story and his arc. I wish that he were still alive just because he was so cool. Venom...probably the only reason I really wanted to see Spiderman 3 and when I got there. I sat through most of the movie wondering where the hell he was. Obviously to be dissappointed when I finally saw him.

Anyways, in my opinion, Two Face>Venom.

Really?! I can't believe the Joker didn't have a little more screen time. :huh:

Dent/Two-Face really is the backbone of TDK, helping to drive the story and plot--and he was treated with great care and respect by Nolan.

Brock/Venom was a farce in SM3...thrown in haphazardly by Raimi without any real reason for being there. A complete waste, like the movie itself.

The difference between them is like night and day.

Really?! I can't believe the Joker didn't have a little more screen time. :huh:

Dent/Two-Face really is the backbone of TDK, helping to drive the story and plot--and he was treated with great care and respect by Nolan.

Brock/Venom was a farce in SM3...thrown in haphazardly by Raimi without any real reason for being there. A complete waste, like the movie itself.

The difference between them is like night and day.
Joker having less screentime than expected makes sense if you recall the long expanses of time when he just doesn't show up. Like, he crashes Bruce's party and the next scene he appears at length in is the Slaughter truck chase.

I didn't see SM3, but from hearing the story, Venom was indeed an afterthought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"