The Dark Knight Rises What if Two-Face was the Main Villain in Dark Knight Rises?

What he becomes IS a tragedy. That's the whole point. That this man who crusaded for good in Gotham because a horrible destructive entity for it. That this shining example becomes one of their darkest enemies.

Agreed.

And that's all there in TLH, DV and TDK for that matter. Just the logic of Dent going from the scourge of the mafia to a mafioso who likes all things in 2s is a huge leap. It works in the Silver Age comics, but as Harvey was rewritten as a real human in YO, TLH, and DV, it became less believable. He is out for revenge and justice not to knock over banks because they happen to be the Second National Bank on February 2 or some such.

It's kind of not all there in TDK...not when he's not an ongoing destructive force, and one of Gotham's darkest hours and greatest threats.

Dent is obsessed/cursed with his struggles with duality. He has serious issues with moral choice. There are ways to make that relevant on film, and TDK did, to a point. It doesn't have to be the second bank of Gotham, etc.

What about a characterization close to what we got in Arkham City?

I'm glad that Dent didn't come back in TDKR. It would have been awkward as hell, as his story effectively ended in TDK. He was a good guy, a DA, but on the edges on being bad. There was that side of him that wanted to fight evil with evil. In the end he became twisted by anger, pain, and revenge for his personal tragedy.

Dent turning into some sort of crime boss (like in the comics) would be absurd.

I don't understand why people are still upset about Harvey dying. Without his death, the ending of TDK doesn't work. Without his death, TDKR has no story. TDK's ending is brilliant.

I don't understand why people are still upset about Harvey dying. Without his death, the ending of TDK doesn't work. Without his death, TDKR has no story. TDK's ending is brilliant.
*BUZZZZZ!!!!!* Wrong!

People said the same thing about "the secret" being revealed, and that was incorporated into the film.

The ending of TDK works ONLY because Batman takes the fall for Harvey, which is revealed as a farce in TDKR. Harvey dying has nothing to do with the story. And even if, for some strange reason, Harvey's death is pivotal to TDKR, if he were to live, we would've gotten a different TDKR, now wouldn't we?

Personally, I'm upset because Nolan gave us a perfect Two-Face (story, visually, everything), and we was only around for a brief amount of time. And I don't like how the ending of TDKR has this "everything's gonna be ok" feel to it. This is Gotham Freakin' City. Freaks like Two-Face run that town.

The movie could have worked if Two-Face survived.

After saving Gordon's son, Batman escapes into the night with Two-Face. Later, Gordon and Batman are forced to have Dent incarcerated elsewhere. I'm not sure how you work out the details, but Gordon would basically have a "fall from grace" as he'd be forced to engage in a dishonest coverup that would leave Dent in a prison/asylum--secretly--while all of Gotham believes him to be dead.

Then you can have the Dent Act, and the people are so overjoyed--some--and frightened--some--by the powers give to the police by the Dent Act. People basically forget about Dent.

Enter Bane, freeing Two-Face to expose the corrupt act. etc. etc.

Two-Face was great for the mood and atmosphere of TDK but I don't feel there is more to been about him. He isn't just that interesting, at least to me. What would he do? Continue to kill mobsters, or become one himself? As someone said it before I think we had enough of that in BB and TDK.
I think he work great as a supporting villain in one movie, but no more. I think TDKR is great the way it is and Bane was a great choice for a final villain.

Then TDK would suck.

I know this will have a lot of people gasping, but this is correct. Harvey Dent is the rock that The Dark Knight revolves around. Dent IS the White Knight that becomes a Dark Knight as well as Batman becoming 'The Dark Knight'. TDK works so well because of Dent, and not just Joker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"