Race to Witch Mountain

Took my nephew on Saturday and we really enjoyed the movie. I like the little homage with the camper. My wife and I got a chuckle out of that.

Dwayne Johnson has a great screen presence. You can really like the guy. I see lots of big things for him whether he sticks with Disney and family oriented movies or go into action.

I have vague memories of Escape to.
Truth be known the old one was ok if you liked kids stuff back then. But i feel the new one while especting the classic opened it more to parents too and not just kids.
The Rock is a flawed man and The Scientist is kinda washed up but these two kids made them come together as seragate parents and i feel casting was good here.

My one complaint about the movie was the casting for the brother. Is he the same kid from The Seeker? Talk about completely bland. Quality male child actors have been really hard to come by lately while we've been inundated with talented actresses.

My one complaint about the movie was the casting for the brother. Is he the same kid from The Seeker? Talk about completely bland. Quality male child actors have been really hard to come by lately while we've been inundated with talented actresses.
Besides the Pan's Labrynth girl and the sister in this movie, I have no idea how you think we've been inundated with them.:huh:

Besides the Pan's Labrynth girl and the sister in this movie, I have no idea how you think we've been inundated with them.:huh:

Ellen Page is pretty good. Some people might disagree but as far as child actresses go Dakota Fanning is well ahead of the curve.

Who are the male equivalent now?

Ellen Page is pretty good. Some people might disagree but as far as child actresses go Dakota Fanning is well ahead of the curve.

Haha, honestly most of our good dude actors in this country are like age 25 and up. Younger than that and they're doing ******ed comedies or taking themselves way too seriously in tv drama roles.

I was talking child actresses, Ellen Page isn't a child actress.

Fanning, honestly, really isn't that great at acting. I really don't see why anyone likes her.

As for the male equivalent, I think the problem is that there's not been any movie or tv roles where any male child actors can shine.

I have vague memories of Escape to.

I definitely liked this this version better. Dwayne Johnson put a spin on the movie, adding a great comedic element to the story. I thought the special effects were cool too and the entire feel of the classic story we all love had a new, revamped image. I think Disney did a great job and considering the numbers it pulled in the box office this past weekend the general public felt the same way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"