Raimi in Manhattan already?

masheen81

Civilian
Reaction score
From Dark Horizons...

"I do however, have a suspicion that this downtown production and all the hype it's recieving is actually a distraction from some other filming happening close to town. My reason being is that the Cleveland Film Commission brought the SM3 production to Cleveland in contest with Detroit, both of which are very industrial type cities, have nuclear power plants considerably close, and lie directly on Lake Erie, otherwise known as the north coast.

It would be very practical for them to shoot Sandman's origin scene, giving that the city's backdrop and industrial atmosphere are perfect for those conditions. Also, another crew member told me that Sam Raimi is currently shooting in NYC which explains why he's not in town right now, but the last report I heard about the NYC SM3 shooting schedule stated that the production wouldn't start there until May. I know is competely speculative, but it makes sense. At least it's something to consider."

-----------------------

I live downtown so I will see what I can find....

Welcome to the Hype. Sounds great, can you post the link?

The Punisher said:
Welcome to the Hype. Sounds great, can you post the link?

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news06/060425j.php

Two years ago I was in Chinatown when Raimi was shooting the Parker/MJ scene. Interestingly enough, they shot two versions: one with Peter with glasses, one without. I didn't get a chance to chat with Raimi (it was an open set) cuz he was on a cigarette break.

Hopefully, this time around I'll get a chance to chat with him!!

Interesting, I think if there was any filming in NYC we would know about it. I could be wrong though.

haha Sam is so sneaky...pretty clever though, draw attention away from other filming with the cleveland shoot.

i wish they'd have a public shooting in ny.

I really hope they do shoot in NYC soon. I would go everyday and take lots of pictures.

Dead Kitty said:
I really hope they do shoot in NYC soon. I would go everyday and take lots of pictures.

same here

I live in new york and i havent seen any filiming for sm3 with the acception of nbc stuff thats usually around the villlage. but there are 2 big silver cup studios IF its happening it could be in doors.

The point of filming in NYC would be filming in the streets of the real city of Spider-Man. Not indoors in Astoria. I would love to find out when they start here and keep you all up to date.

Dead Kitty said:
The point of filming in NYC would be filming in the streets of the real city of Spider-Man. Not indoors in Astoria. I would love to find out when they start here and keep you all up to date.

If memory serves me right there filming in ohio cus it was to expensive to do in NYC. And the did some pre production in nyc last year.

Yeah, I spotted Rami at the local pizza joint on 51 Street, he was getting a slice of pepperoni pizza and a diet pepsi.

Do you all think they will come back to do some more filming? I know they are in Cleveland, it looks a lot like NYC (with a few dress ups) and is much cheaper to film there.

And Venom4Life what the hell is your avatar, it is scary. :(

Anyone have the shooting schedule for May????? In NYC??

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"