The Spider-Man 3 FAQ Thread

ok whoever uses this crap to justify if venom is gonna come back or not is stupid. you cant use this kind of logic for a movie like spiderman 3. just becuz venom is a symbol doesnt mean he isnt gonna come back. if i were to use your logic i could say "oh well everyone has a dark side and seldom can a person get rid of their dark side so simply and quick as that blah blah blah" but why bother?? its a freakin superhero movie. they can do whatever they want. they can choose to have the symbiote completely regenerate brock if they want to, because its their movie. whoever uses this guys quote to support their belief of why venom can't come back is a complete ****** :cmad:

And this is why I wake up every morning and say, "Thank you, God, for not letting Hypers make Spider-Man movies."

:dry:

"I am really gonna enjoy this."

Does Dark Peter say this line to Harry in the movie (prior to the mansion fight)? I don't remember...

I mean I know it was in the TV Spot but don't recall hearing it in the movie...

"I am really gonna enjoy this."

Does Dark Peter say this line to Harry in the movie (prior to the mansion fight)? I don't remember...

I mean I know it was in the TV Spot but don't recall hearing it in the movie...
I don't think it was...all Peter did was an emo-flip while Harry was saying the quote in my signature.

And I think Peter said something like, "I'm done trying to convince you" prior to all of that.

And this is why I wake up every morning and say, "Thank you, God, for not letting Hypers make Spider-Man movies."

:dry:

obviously you missed my point eddie brock jr.....

i was just using that as an example as to what raimi or whoever directs the next movie can do.

In the beginning of Spider-man 3 during the Marvel logo does it show spider-man comics or is just normal I wasnt paying attention.

In the beginning of Spider-man 3 during the Marvel logo does it show spider-man comics or is just normal I wasnt paying attention.
I think they use a generic one now...it makes me sad.

I believe that if you watch the ones for SM3 and RotSS, you will see the same shot of a guy in a red suit with yellow boots. That was my give-away.

Venom's death is...dare I say it?...necessary.

From a cinematic standpoint, it HAS to happen. Look at the symbolism. What does Venom represent in this movie? Simple, he represents all the darker qualities of Peter Parker.

Like Topher Grace said, "With great power comes great fun." I really don't think Topher had any idea how symbolic that line really is. In this movie, Eddie represents what Peter might've been had he shirked his responsibility.

So what do you do for Venom? You build the symbiote all movie. Make sure the audience knows that this thing is evil. On the more human side of things, you introduce Eddie Brock. Make it obvious that Eddie isn't necessarily malignant, rather he is just Peter minus the sense of responsibility.

How do you make an appropriate climax for that though? After all, Peter can't fight himself.

Or can he?

Ladies and gentlemen, may I introduce VENOM! Venom is, to put it lightly, just a personification of the darker side of Peter Parker. In order for Peter to put this dark side behind him, he must first vanquish it in the form of Venom. Honestly, you can't have Peter just brush what he's done under the rug and ignore it. Peter would hope so, but such is not the "Parker luck." He is forced to face Venom, an enemy that is really just representative of himself.

That's a load of bull****. Venom might not come back unless the symbiote sample from Dr. Connors goes back on Eddies skeleton. But Carnage is obviously gonna be in Spider-Man 4.

That's a load of bull****. Venom might not come back unless the symbiote sample from Dr. Connors goes back on Eddies skeleton. But Carnage is obviously gonna be in Spider-Man 4.
Eddie skeleton was incinerated, first of all.

Second of all, you people need to let the "sample" thing go...it was a plot hole, not a plot device.

It wasn't a plot hole. They made a way they could introduce Carnage in the future. The Lizard would be the logical villain in SM4, but I could see the studio pushing for Carnage and having these two villain (who don't mesh at all) be the movies villains.

I do think people need to let go of Venom. He is dead. He was incinerated and he ain't coming back. Carnage is quite possible, and I think he will end up being in SM4, but Venom is long gone.

It wasn't a plot hole. They made a way they could introduce Carnage in the future. The Lizard would be the logical villain in SM4, but I could see the studio pushing for Carnage and having these two villain (who don't mesh at all) be the movies villains.

I do think people need to let go of Venom. He is dead. He was incinerated and he ain't coming back. Carnage is quite possible, and I think he will end up being in SM4, but Venom is long gone.
They did not leave the sample so they could introduce Carnage!

Once Dr. Connors had the sample, what was he SUPPOSED to do with it? Did we need a scene showing him destroying it? No..it's a plot hole.

They assumed that nobody would be focusing on this minute detail. Unfortunately, you guys over-analyse everything.

They did not leave the sample so they could introduce Carnage!

Once Dr. Connors had the sample, what was he SUPPOSED to do with it? Did we need a scene showing him destroying it? No..it's a plot hole.

They assumed that nobody would be focusing on this minute detail. Unfortunately, you guys over-analyse everything.

He could have said he destroyed it (just a blip of dialogue), but they didn't do that. I think there is a reason. The piece of the symbiote could serve many purposes (like Connors beginning his experiments to heal his arm, to introduce Carnage).

Also Connors is a scientist. If you have an alien (or new organism) in your grasp as a scientist, YOU DON'T DESTROY IT! You study it.

It would not have been hard to say it was destroyed, but they didn't.

He could have said he destroyed it (just a blip of dialogue), but they didn't do that. I think there is a reason. The piece of the symbiote could serve many purposes (like Connors beginning his experiments to heal his arm, to introduce Carnage).

Also Connors is a scientist. If you have an alien (or new organism) in your grasp as a scientist, YOU DON'T DESTROY IT! You study it.

It would not have been hard to say it was destroyed, but they didn't.
They didn't say it...because there's no purpose for it. The movie did not require Dr. Connors calling Peter and saying, "I destroyed that sample, by the way."

They were assuming (rightfully so) that no one would even notice the damn sample, because in the grand scheme of things, it MEANS NOTHING.

They didn't say it...because there's no purpose for it. The movie did not require Dr. Connors calling Peter and saying, "I destroyed that sample, by the way."

They were assuming (rightfully so) that no one would even notice the damn sample, because in the grand scheme of things, it MEANS NOTHING.

First and foremost, he is a scientist. A scientist wouldn't destroy a new organism like that. They would study it. Also, that piece of the suit can serve many future purposes, so it was wise to leave an opening like that.

^ Just because they left it open doesn't mean they'll act upon it. If for some reason Venom does return, it won't be any time soon. To bring him back in SM4 would totally defeat the entire purpose of the story in SM3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"