Raimi Inteview on EW.com...

thanks!! boy...he hates venom!

Can you blame him? Venom isn't worth a damn 98% of the time.

For me, the overrated, idiotic anti-hero Venom still remains a guilty pleasure for me, but outside of the new film and the Animated Series, Venom is a one-trick pony with very little potential.

Raimi hit the nail right on the head regarding Venom in the comics. A cool looking character with no dimension.

Venom is just the product of the studio trying to make some big money. Since Raimi wasn't thrilled about the idea of Venom, I hope he didn't half-ass it. But it's still cool to see Venom on the big screen.

My experience reading Venom comics was exactly like Raimi's.
The more I read, the less interested in him I became.

Are people not ever hearing what he said about the movie version being one that Raimi liked? People never take that into account, when he said it himself in this interview.

its kinda dissapointing that raimi was in so much conflict about making peter turn bad. and that bit about calling him "a sinner"? maybe danny elfman was right when he said (paraphrasing here) "my friend has been replaced by a pod person"? it does shed some light on this movie we have been given though.

Venom is just the product of the studio trying to make some big money. Since Raimi wasn't thrilled about the idea of Venom, I hope he didn't half-ass it. But it's still cool to see Venom on the big screen.

That's what I fear. Raimi said he thought Venom's not a good villain, sounds like he really didn't even want him in the movie.

If not for Venom, signs point to us having gotten a Doc Ock knockoff with wings rather than tentacles. Personally, in light of this new information, I'd have rather had Scorpion. But oh well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"