[raises the Finger]

Finger Flash Mob! Ok - everyone meet at DC's home office today at 3pm CST! Bring your Fingers!

[raises the roof...err...finger]

great thread snipe, you should bring this up in the film forum and maybe for the opening credits of the film we can get a 'batman created by bob kane with special thanks to bill finger' credit.

Originally posted by marvel07
[raises the roof...err...finger]

great thread snipe, you should bring this up in the film forum and maybe for the opening credits of the film we can get a 'batman created by bob kane with special thanks to bill finger' credit.

Possibly someone who has an insider at WB (hint hint) could spread our word...and our fingers!

Oh, where was everyone during my "flash mob"? I was the only one who showed up :mad:

I was busy! But ill be there next time you and I are an unstoppable duo who cant stop raising the finger!

I'll see what i can do snipe...but the thread in the film forum may still help.

and i was at the flash mob, i gave you the Finger and you beat me with a crowbar...i thought we were on the same side.

I was watching Batman the New Adventures on Cartoon Network and the episode is called Legends of the Dark Knight. It was different stories about Batman told by kids one was DKR Batman and the other was early Batman and in the beginning special acknowledgements to stories by Frank Miller and none other than......

BILL FINGER!

Man was I excited at least he got a liitle recognition.

Originally posted by darthphere
I was watching Batman the New Adventures on Cartoon Network and the episode is called Legends of the Dark Knight. It was different stories about Batman told by kids one was DKR Batman and the other was early Batman and in the beginning special acknowledgements to stories by Frank Miller and none other than......

BILL FINGER!

That always was one of my favorite episodes. I love how Paul Dini and Bruce Timm were able to work in nice little tributes like that.

Yeah it was a cool episode because thats how I would be if Batman was real.

Originally posted by lordsnipe
Oh, where was everyone during my "flash mob"? I was the only one who showed up

I was getting beaten up by WB security guards because the "flash mob" I went with didn't flash fingers.
ass.gif

BILL FINGER!

if i remember correctly, one of the kids in that epiode makes some absurd accusation about batman, and one of the other kids says something like, 'shut up, joel' hmmm...joel schumacher?

lordsnipe,

i have been thinking more and more of this bill finger issue everyday, and i thank you greatly for bringing it to our attention. i am currently a senior in the illustration department at the center for creative studies (one of the top art schools in america) and i have plans to do art work for D.C. in the very near future. some of my teachers also used to work for D.C. and still have connections. i am telling you this because, using these connections, and once i start working for them, i will do everything i can to get bill finger the credit he deserves on the batman books. i will try my hardest to get a permanent 'with special thanks to bill finger' credit to go with the 'batman created by bob kane' credit that appears in every book. it will be quite the daunting task, but you can consider me on the job!

Raise the Finger!

lordsnipe,

i have been thinking more and more of this bill finger issue everyday, and i thank you greatly for bringing it to our attention. i am currently a senior in the illustration department at the center for creative studies (one of the top art schools in america) and i have plans to do art work for D.C. in the very near future. some of my teachers also used to work for D.C. and still have connections. i am telling you this because, using these connections, and once i start working for them, i will do everything i can to get bill finger the credit he deserves on the batman books. i will try my hardest to get a permanent 'with special thanks to bill finger' credit to go with the 'batman created by bob kane' credit that appears in every book. it will be quite the daunting task, but you can consider me on the job!

Raise the Finger!

That would rock! I alway knew there was something special about you.
now get me a position created called editor of continuity.

Great thread. Things like this always take a lot to get resolved. Like Siegel&Schuster. Good thing some of the fans are aware of it through this thread.

I will gladly raise the Finger.

I just dusted this off my bookshelf and am going to begin reading it when I get back from the gym tonight. Hopefully it'll shed some light on some things.
BTW: This book is also dedicated to the memory of Bill Finger and my dear friend Dr. Michael Zuekal

batman&me.jpg

what issue of wizard has the article about bill finger? and what are some other resources that discuss finger's contributions to batman?

BILL FINGER!

Alex Ross acknoledges it too in Batman:War on Crime.

Originally posted by lordsnipe
I just dusted this off my bookshelf and am going to begin reading it when I get back from the gym tonight. Hopefully it'll shed some light on some things.
BTW: This book is also dedicated to the memory of Bill Finger and my dear friend Dr. Michael Zuekal

batman&me.jpg

I read that. Kane was such an egoist....

is it just me or does it look like Kane is happy becuase Batman has his hand in his ass? If it werent for finger, hed be on that cover with a Red Batman Zorro ripoff

Batman would be nowhere if it weren't for Bill Finger. Althought, I'm not to sure he created Robin. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember reading that Sheldon Moloff came up with the idea for a boy sidekick for Batman, but Kane took credit for that too.

[Raises finger]

okay...so i p.m'd nolan this message about bill finger hoping to get him a 'special thanks' credit in his film:

Dear Mr. Nolan,

As i'm sure you know by now, Batman was created by Bob Kane...somewhat. the original writer, Bill Finger, is almost as much responsible, if not more, for the dark knight character we know and love. i mean this not only when it comes to the story he created that established Batman's persona, but visually as well, as in the costume he wears. but bill finger is rarely given the credit he deserves due to legal issues that i am no where near qualified to explain. but what it all comes down to is, despite his major contribution to the creation of batman, he is not legally allowed credit as a co-creator (you will notice in any medium it always states 'Batman created by Bob Kane') But, he is allowed a 'with special thanks' credit...which brings me to the point of this message. When the opening credits of your film roll and the credit comes up saying 'Batman created by Bob Kane' you should add a very much deserved 'with special thanks to Bill Finger'. to gain a better understanding the contributions made by Bill Finger to the character Batman, click on this link which will take you to a thread in the comics forum where this issue has been thoroughly discussed:

Raise the Finger!

please Mr. Nolan, help 'Raise the Finger' to bring awareness to the credit Bill Finger deserves.

with much gratitude,
Marvel07

then today i have a response from him in my p.m. box, it reads:

The problem is that those legal issues you spoke of would also prevent me from giving Mr. finger any credit. I cannot just give credit to anyone, i can only give credit to those who legally have it or to those who have been given permission by the rights holders. In other words, the only way Bill Finger could recieve credit, is if both Warner Brothers and Mr. Kane's estate said it was ok to do so.

Thanks,

Christopher Nolan

I then responded to him with this:

Mr. Nolan.

Thank you for responding, and, i have come across a few comics where bill finger was given a 'with special thanks', such as Batman War on Crime by paul dini/alex ross, i also believe frank miller did the same thing in his Year One book. i believe you just cant credit him as a 'co-creator' legally. either way, see what you can do, and any attempt made would be appreciated beyond words by not only the fans but the family and friends who remember bill finger.

Thanks for everything,
Marvel07

lets hope nolan can do what he can and get the Finger raised!

Assuming thats really Nolan, Im skeptical till its confirmed, although the guy has conducted himself well

what issue of wizard has the article about bill finger? and what are some other resources that discuss finger's contributions to batman?

Originally posted by dude love
Oh yeah if anyones interested check Wizard 134 for the article.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"