Rapper tweets "YOLO", dies in car crash

Drizzle

Harkissin'
Reaction score
http://www.theroot.com/buzz/rapper-tweets-yolo-dies-car-crash

The last tweet sent out by Erwin McKiness, an aspiring Southern California rapper, read, "Driving tweeting sipping the cup [expletive] yolo I'm turning it up," CBS News reports.

Not long after the "You only live once" message, he died in a suspected drunk-driving crash. Four friends of 21-year-old McKiness, also known as Jew'elz and Inkyy, were also killed in the tragic Sept. 2 accident.

"Drunk af going 120 difting corners #F**kItYOLO," tweeted the 21-year-old McKiness just before he and his friends died in a car accident on Sept. 2 in Ontario, Calif., reports the San Bernardino Sun.
McKinness was accompanied in the car by Marquell Bogan, 23, and Dylan George, 20, Jonathan Watson, 21, and JaJuan Bennett, 23. Bogan died at Kaiser Permanente Medical Center in Fontana, Calif. The others were pronounced dead at the scene.
While McKiness' tweet makes it sound as if he was behind the wheel, police said it was Watson who was driving, reports the paper ...
The police are still investigating the incident, but officers told the paper that there was a high likelihood alcohol was involved, based on the statements made before the crash.

[YT]1ytCEuuW2_A[/YT]

I guess "YODO" would have been a more appropriate tweet.

No sympathy.

Rappers......
It would be pathetic if it wasn't tragic.

^^
Perhaps.
It is a straight translation from the french saying, I don't know the equivalent in english or I don't get what you want to say :)

I'm just now figuring out about this YOLO stuff. Naturally whenever I hear it I think to myself that these people are wrong. The truth is that you only live twice...:007

Schlosser is right, this would be sad if it wasn't so pathetic. What a moron. Sad for the families though, especially for the, to lose a loved one who was doing something bad that got them killed

You'd think YOLO would be an excuse to not do stupid s**t lol, oh well. That's a shame.

I live in CA, so I saw this a couple of days ago. I feel bad for the families. Each of the young men killed were under 25 years of age. Considering all four in the car died, I bet no one was wearing a seat belt.

Such a waste of life.

Sad for the families. Less so for the guys that died.

Ironically most people that live by that creed actually end up dying the soonest.

Anytime I hear or read "YOLO" I think of and video on YouTube called "Yolo These Days" and this...

[YT]b8TQccgqX2Y[/YT]

:dry:

[BLACKOUT](That's the only response I could think of to this.)[/BLACKOUT]

I can't count how many times i've been nearly hit by another car on the freeway because some moron was on his phone. But to be drunk AND on the phone? Stupid.

There is a girl on the radio around here who always makes YOLO jokes because of how stupid it is, but she does it in the exact opposite way than the "cool" people do it. Hers are like "Adding to my 401K. YOLO!"

As someone who believes in reincarnation, YOLO offends me.

Such a shame the families of these people are suffering because of how mind-numbingly stupid their kids were.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"