The Dark Knight Rises Marion Cottilard in The Dark Knight Rises?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome. Too bad she isn't Catwoman but she might work as Talia or a love interest. Or anything actually.

Now cast Zoe Saldana and Naomi Watts as lesbian strippers.

My original pick was Eva green & Marion But Nolan must of saw something special about Anne as he did in Heath so don't let me down Nolan

marion-cotillard-Lady-Dior-1.jpg

Marion%2BCotillard%2BInStyle%2B7-09%2BReem%2BAcra%2BDress%2BJimmy%2BChoo%2Bshoes.jpg

marion_cotillard_inception-6794.jpg

This actually makes me sad knowing she really wont be Selina.

Sweet I was so happy she wasn't cast as catwoman but she definitely fits as Talia. I hope this is true.

i kind of wish Nolan went with someone else, the guy is using pretty much the same cast as Inception. I want to see new people,

I know he likes to work with the same people, but using several actors from the movie you just did in your new one is kind of lame, jmo though not saying this will effect the movie moore of a prefrence for me.

Marion Cottilard is inching towards Catherine Zeta-Jones for the top spot on my World's Sexiest Female chart.

Don't want her for Talia, but that's more because I'm opposed to Talia being in the movie than anything else. I'd be fine with her playing just about anyone else now that I know she won't be Catwoman. Still, this report comes across as wishful thinking. I doubt there's anything to it.

Honestly, at this point, the cast is just too damn big. Between her and JGL, it feels like Nolan is shoehorning in every actor he likes and every idea that he's ever had for a Batman movie. Catwoman and Talia in the same 2-2.5 hour movie? With Bane too? Either we're going to see characters who are glorified cameoes or watered down to the point where they are in name only or this movie is going to be a crowded mess.

Honestly, at this point, the cast is just too damn big. Between her and JGL, it feels like Nolan is shoehorning in every actor he likes and every idea that he's ever had for a Batman movie. Catwoman and Talia in the same 2-2.5 hour movie? With Bane too? Either we're going to see characters who are glorified cameoes or watered down to the point where they are in name only or this movie is going to be a crowded mess.

Once again people are forgetting how many characters were in Batman Begins and TDK.

So far we have Bane, Catwoman and possibly Joseph Gordon Levitt. That's three new characters. They basically replace Rachel, Joker and Dent/Two Face's spots from TDK. If Cottilard is in this, that's only one more. I don't see Nolan fumbling the ball like other directors have with not being able to handle multilpe characters.

Once again people are forgetting how many characters were in Batman Begins and TDK.

So far we have Bane, Catwoman and possibly Joseph Gordon Levitt. That's three new characters. They basically replace Rachel, Joker and Dent/Two Face's spots from TDK. If Cottilard is in this, that's only one more. I don't see Nolan fumbling the ball like other directors have with not being able to handle multilpe characters.

But you are forgetting that this is the final film of his series. He has to tie up loose ends and all that stuff. There is a reason J.K. Rowling did not introduce any new characters in the final Potter book, because it is hard to develop new and meaningful characters while tying up loose ends and giving closure. Obviously, this is different, new characters are a must....but not at this level this late in the game.

And being as I am of the opinion that Nolan already fumbled the ball in the third act of TDK by trying to cram too much in (making Two-Face's arc feel entirely rushed), I have very little faith in this one at this point.

I fully expect Cotillard to stay at home for the first several months after the baby is born. Unless they scheduled her for the last few months of the shoot, I don't see her jumping into a big-budget blockbuster film that starts shooting the very month that she is expecting her first child.

Personally, I don't think she'll be in the film.

Maybe she'll be "Bruce Wayne's love interest".

Does she really need to be a character? Im sure Nolan will use her great. I hope its true.

But you are forgetting that this is the final film of his series. He has to tie up loose ends and all that stuff. There is a reason J.K. Rowling did not introduce any new characters in the final Potter book, because it is hard to develop new and meaningful characters while tying up loose ends and giving closure. Obviously, this is different, new characters are a must....but not at this level this late in the game.

Well, here's to hoping Cottilard won't be in the film then. :woot: Personally, I don't want the League to return anyways.

Which loose ends do they need to tie up at this point though? As of now, Batman is on the run and the mob is in shambles. Basically the only loose end really is Batman needing to redeem himself in the eyes of Gotham's citizens. Cleaning up Gotham, including taking care of what's left of the mob of course, is a never ending fight, so that's not something that's going to have closure most likely.

If Cottilard is in the film, I take it she'll be the main antagonist with Bane as the villian just under her. Not sure about JGL though, have to wait to see who he's even playing. For all we know his character(if he is a Falcone)might be the one to get less screen time which I wouldn't mind since I'm not huge on another normal mobster type.

Well, here's to hoping Cottilard won't be in the film then. :woot: Personally, I don't want the League to return anyways.

Which loose ends do they need to tie up at this point though? As of now, Batman is on the run and the mob is in shambles. Basically the only loose end really is Batman needing to redeem himself in the eyes of Gotham's citizens. Cleaning up Gotham, including taking care of what's left of the mob of course, is a never ending fight, so that's not something that's going to have closure most likely.

If Cottilard is in the film, I take it she'll be the main antagonist with Bane as the villian just under her. Not sure about JGL though, have to wait to see who he's even playing. For all we know his character(if he is a Falcone)might be the one to get less screen time which I wouldn't mind since I'm not huge on another normal mobster type.

But if that's the case we'll just have a bunch of underdeveloped characters running around being played by Nolan's friends. And when you have actors of those calibre in cameoes, it'll really only serve to distract the audience rather than add to the movie.

Maybe Talia won't be a villain right away...

...maybe Talia will actually come to Gotham seeking Bruce to take over the League just like her father/seek his hand in marriage. When he rejects, all hell breaks loose.

Not that interesting, I admit, but still a theory.

But if that's the case we'll just have a bunch of underdeveloped characters running around being played by Nolan's friends. And when you have actors of those calibre in cameoes, it'll really only serve to distract the audience rather than add to the movie.

I understand your complaints, but saying their roles will be cameos is a bit of an exaggeration.

Yup. That's the difference between this scenario and the previous two films. If JGL and Marion are both in, they're either playing glorified cameos or they will have meaty parts. Which translates to a waste of talent or severe screentime dispersal. It's a lose-lose from what I can see.

I understand your complaints, but saying their roles will be cameos is a bit of an exaggeration.

Maybe not cameoes, but small underdeveloped characters are no better. How would you feel if Raimi used an actor like Sean Bean or Ray Liotta in the role of Curt Connors in the Spider-Man franchise? Its just a waste of talent and a distraction. Kind of like he did with James Cromwell as Captain Stacy. Sometimes less is more and I feel like Nolan needs to learn that lesson (it reflects on all of his films but The Prestige to be honest) before it blows up in his face.

Maybe not cameoes, but small underdeveloped characters are no better. How would you feel if Raimi used an actor like Sean Bean or Kevin Spacey in the role of Curt Connors in the Spider-Man franchise? Its just a waste of talent and a distraction. Kind of like he did with James Cromwell as Captain Stacy.

Good point. I just have a feeling Nolan will be able to budget everyone's time appropriately. He seems to be good at this, looking at his past films.

While I agree that Cromwell as Captain Stacy was a waste of talent, that movie was practically fail to begin with in regards to it's production. Raimi and whoever wrote it didn't know how to balance that many characters, Nolan does.

I don't mean to sound like one of those fanboys that thinks Nolan is god, so my opinions that he can handle this well, is just from what I've witnessed in Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and Inception.

Good point. I just have a feeling Nolan will be able to budget everyone's time appropriately. He seems to be good at this, looking at his past films.

I don't mean to sound like one of those fanboys that thinks Nolan is god, so my opinions that he can handle this well, is just from what I've witnessed in Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and Inception.

Spot on.

Inception had a large cast and I wasn't complaining about not getting to know his or her back story. The movie was amazing and it managed to fit everyone in appropriately.

As good as Inception is I think it exemplifies the concern very well. Dicaprio, Marion, and Cillian were really the only ones that were used well, given their talents. No one was particularly bad but considering how great their previous performances were, 'underused' is definitely what I'd describe that ensemble situation.

It seems odd to me that whenever someone is cast, everyone assumes it's as a villain. The movie is bound to contain plenty of other roles.

I guess anything is possible, though. If she were Talia, that would pretty much blow my mind--I'd have no idea what to expect from this movie (which I guess is already the case, anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"