Guardians of the Galaxy Rate and Review Guardians of the GalaXy Volume 3

8.5/10

It’s the best of the trio, though I’m not a fan of constant song blaring and certain scenes are a bit stretched. All the good things have been said multiple times here so won’t repeat.

for me No3 MCU movie post Endgame after Black Panther and Eternals.

8/10

Loved it, but I can't watch that scene with Lylla, Teefs and Floor again.

c4c0b004c7d99a4a874d05fe86343883cb530635.gifv

"Rocket, Teefs, Floor go now! Rocket, Teefs, Floor go now!"

giphy.gif

So I saw it today and I'm still processing it. It was the first MCU film or project in general that I've seen in its entirety after Multiverse of Madness where I kind of stopped caring. And God knows when the next one will be.

My main assessment is that this first and foremost a James Gunn movie with all the positive and negative things this might suggest. It shocked me how different it was to the usual Marvel flare and even if I didn't love some parts I wish more movies broke the formula like this. And I thought Vol 2 was stepping away from the comfort zone, but this one was on a whole other level. I really appreciate the freedom they gave the creator here. Also it was kind of brutal. There was so much death and disturbing images. People were saying about horror elements in other films and I never saw them but this one had some surprising unnerving imagery.

The humour was mostly a hit, there were some hilarious moments, but there were certainly some others where it felt forced and childish. I didn't feel it like that in the previous films. That was definitely due to Gunn's bigger imprint. But also there was a lot of emotion. Again, I wish Feige could understand that the heart and soul of these films are its characters and characters are not consisted in their entirety by cheesy one-liners. Drama in these films is equally important and it hit hard in some cases in Vol 3.

The one thing I can't understand is why did they have to yell all the time? Initially it was a couple of characters but after a while it was everyone and for no reason in cases. It became kind of distracting and felt that it happened as a cheap way to heighten the drama or comedy in a moment, depending on the scene.

Music was great as always. There were a couple of instances where it felt he was just throwing his favourite hits around, but the opening and ending use of songs was fantastic.

Anyway, overall, though not perfect, I overall had a really good time and my hope for the future is that we see more diversity in tone, like this.

Last edited:
This was very dark at parts, but I thought it served the story. The emotion was there from the previous stories, but it dialed down on some of the more juvenile jokes. I definitely cried like a baby at parts.

This is the best movie the MCU has released since End Game. I miss watching the ones at this level.

Also I can't wait to see what The Legendary Star-Lord returning will mean.

It lacks some of the charm of the previous two but it was instead more emotional. Good ending to the trilogy.

Oh, and Rocket Raccoon is unequivocally my favorite character in the MCU.

Guardians of the Galaxy
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
Avengers: Infinity War
Avengers: Endgame
Thor: Love and Thunder
The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3

I suspect we will see him and his Guardians again, but even if we never do his arc was masterfully done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"