Rate and review, Mission: Impossible 3

Isildur´s Heir

Avenger
Reaction score
It has been a long time since i´ve done of this threads :)

I´ve just came out of it, and all i can say is, incredible directorial debut by J.J. Abrams :up:
But, it wasn´t without it´s flaws...
It started amazingly, it lost a bit of track the moment Hunt gets captured by MIF and ends badly.
Once again, is a movie made around Cruise´s character, with all the others just being....there.
Hoffman mades a good job, with the screen time he has. The same goes to all the others. The all rabbit foot thing is not even important. One thing i found funny is that the movie resembles ALIAS a lot.
Davian as the potential to be a great villain, but the only moment he is put to good use, is at the begining.
One thing i liked, but that cames off Abrams background in ALIAS and LOST, is that he gives much importance to the everyday life (like the party and the fact that Hunt knows everyone at the hospital), which makes the characters of Hunt and Julia be likable.
And the action is fanfastic, extremely well directed and shot.

I predict a great future for Abrams...

All in all, it´s a great start for the summer season.
I give it a 4 out of 5

Cool review, Im seeing this tonight at the mid-night showing.

Does the movie end badly, or does that scene end badly?

Darthphere said:
The last 10 minutes or so are just...very much on the Titanic side ;)

Isildur´s Heir said:
The last 10 minutes or so are just...very much on the Titanic side ;)

Damn old ladies.:mad:

Darthphere said:

It's a summer action movie starring Tom Cruise. What do you think?

TheVileOne said:
It's a summer action movie starring Tom Cruise. What do you think?

Is that some sort of WOTW reference?

Story wise it may have been my favourite but in terms of style and directing I still prefer II.
Overall it was a good movie even though the love story at times seemed to mirror Cruise-Holmes...

I give it a 3.75/5

Action scenes were greatly used but Hoffman was under-used and to me didnt shine like some said he did

4/5 - great summer film. My only complaint was I wanted more Hoffman, but what we see of him is awesome. Chris Nolan, get on the horn and get him in the Batman sequel..............

Say what you will about the personal life of Tom Cruise, but the guy usually delivers...........

Milkman95 said:
Say what you will about the personal life of Tom Cruise, but the guy usually delivers...........

I have to thank J.J for putting that party scene at the start of the film and getting me to actually Like Tom Cruise on screen :up: Something that I havent been able to do for a few years now.

Good action film, I give it 4 out of 5 stars, I got confused only when Billy Crudup is explaining his motives to Ethan.

Well I'm going to see MI3 on Saturday afternoon with a friend, she's big Tom Cruise fan and I got invited. :up:

This Movie was Awesome, The BEST MISSION IMPOSSIBLE movie . 10/10

Who says the third movie in a franchise usually blows....this one rocked. And Maggie Q.....I wish she would bare my children.

Two Face said:
Well I'm going to see MI3 on Saturday afternoon with a friend, she's big Tom Cruise fan and I got invited. :up:
Is she paying?;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"