Arrow Rate Arrow: Season 3 (in it's entirety)

I give it a 7. It's way better than season 1 but nowhere near as great as season 2.

I thought the first half was great. I liked the mystery of Sara's death, I liked the buildup to the league and Ra's, I liked Merlyn's involvement again, I liked Flash guest starring, I liked all the stuff with Diggle getting his wife back, I really dug the episode where felicity has her "origin" and I loved Roy being a full time costume hero. The midseason finale where Ra's "killed" Oliver was wonderful.

The second half...not as good. Laurel's journey to become Black Canary I enjoyed but it was rushed. She shouldn't have been Black Canary until sometime in season 4, she just wasn't ready and it all seemed to come from the showrunners seeing how much viewers didn't like her anymore and they wanted to throw their hail mary early in an desperate attempt to keep her some fans. But when she became Canary what happened? She got beat up....a LOT. Even after she'd been suited up for half the season, she's still getting trounced. It's pathetic.

But the worst part of the season for me is how they handled Oliver's "death". That whole arc should've been great but it was kinda dull. I didn't like Brick(or whoever Juggernaut was supposed to be lol) and everybody just wrote Oliver off. I also didn't like the whole Oliver becoming Ra's thing. I never EVER believed it. Not for a second.

I liked Ray/the Atom though I don't love him like some fans do. And I absolutely hate Olicity. That was a poor decision and frankly it ruined Felicity's character. I loved her in season 2 and now i'm completely indifferent to her. It also makes it impossible for Oliver to be with Laurel eventually(which is what the show ultimately should be leading to). Diggle and Thea were fine for me.

The first half was super strong but the second was lacking.

It also makes it impossible for Oliver to be with Laurel eventually(which is what the show ultimately should be leading to).

I wouldn't blame that on Olicity. I thought the first Episode of Arrow made that goal impossible, after that whole banging Laurel's sister and being partially responsible for her death. I was always going to lose respect for the character, if she let Ollie back into her pants.

6/10, first half was good but second seemed to get worse and the finale was the least enjoyable yet. It was a bit of a let down after season 1 and 2 being so good. The flashbacks were severely lacking this season.

Too many cooks in the kitchen, season 4 Oliver ditches the mask. This season was a letdown. I give it a 5.

4/10. The writing this entire season was just... eugh. Add to that some dodgy acting and action that was a lot less impressive than it used to be and there wasn't much for me to like this season.

4/10 I think this season only had for or five really great episodes the rest where really just kinda bad

3/10. It was a mess. A mess with SOME good elements, but a mess all the same. And the problems kept building and compounding on top of each other as the season went along:

-Katana-She was really good, but very underused.

-Nyssa-She's just awesome.

-Brick-He was a fun villain and I hope that we see him again at some point.

-Diggle-Yet again he's the most consistently written character on the show.

-I like where Thea/Laurel are by the end of the Season.

-The action was quite good for the most part (which this show has consistently been good at).

Indifferent/Meh:

-Maseo-He was ok, but not terribly interesting and I don't like that he got so much more screentime/focus than Katana.

-Roy-He was good when he got stuff to do. But he to was underused.

-Ray Palmer-He was good at times, not so good at others. And they really didn't do a great job of integrating him/his story into the show in a coherent way a lot of the time.

-The Flash crossover-It was OK, but kind of pointless. I also found Barry to be written a bit OOC.

Dislikes:

-Sara's death-It was badly handled (shoehorn her into the last five minutes of an episodes, only to kill her off). And the "mystery" that followed was bungled as well.

-Malcolm-I love John Barrowman, he's joy and awesome made flesh. And I thought that him being back full-time would be great since I loved Season 1 Malcolm as a villain. But NOTHING about him worked/made sense this season.

-Oliver-My lord was he an idiot this season. So many of his decisions this seasons made little to no sense, and the show did a very poor job of justifying them.

-Felicity-They made her so dull/depressing to watch this season, WOW!

-I like where Laurel/Thea are at the end of the Season, but not how they got there. They were really inconsistently written and Laurel being able to take on multiple LOA members at the end of the season was just ridiculous.

-The LOA got jobbed out BIG TIME, and Ra's endgame was really lame (as was his end).

-The flashbacks were just dull and Amanda Waller/ARGUS just kind of disappear from the season for no real reason (in-story).

-Barry's appearance in the finale. He shows up, does one thing, and then leaves with an incredibly unconvincing explanation. I actually would have preferred that he not show up at all if that's all that they were going to do with him.

-Quentin's sudden character regression/backslide in the latter half of the season didn't work at all either.

Last edited:
While it had some, small, redeeming values, overall? Season was a giant mess of nonsense. 4/10. If I were rating based only on the second half of the season, it'd be much lower.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"