Rate my recent DVD purchases...

Movies205 said:
Yet the first movie of all time, Birth of a Nation is 3 hours long HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN THAT ONE! :eek:
I'm sure you know this....but for those who don't:

1) Birth of a Nation wasn't the first movie.
2) I didn't say "ALL" old movies were short, but I did say "a lot" were.
3) The original cut of "Greed" was I believe 5 hours long...what's up with that?
4) I was present at the birth of my first kid...hope to be there for my second.

I sound alot like you at least too my friends I would. I know alot about movies and talk about them with my friends. I tell them about all these cool movies they don't know about. Like attack of the killer tomatoes,evil dead 2,darkman, Buckaroo Banzai.I went into drama class and told people all these storys about geroge lucas. Ahh good times good times.

C. Lee said:
I'm sure you know this....but for those who don't:

1) Birth of a Nation wasn't the first movie.
2) I didn't say "ALL" old movies were short, but I did say "a lot" were.
3) The original cut of "Greed" was I believe 5 hours long...what's up with that?
4) I was present at the birth of my first kid...hope to be there for my second.

Just joking, I believe it was the first feature length film or at the very least established feature length films as a viable money-maker due to it's unprecedented success, it also pioneer a **** load of techiques.

Old-time films knew how to tell a tale in a short amount of time and still pack the same punch, if not more pungent... Just look at the original Scarface.

Did you get the DVD of Buckaroo Banzai? Besides being a great movie...it has some fantastic extras on it.

Been meaning to see that film... but alas I have yet to get around to it, especially since I like Weller and it'd be nice to see him in something besides Robocop or 24.

Man Buckaroo was great wish that 2nd movie and show happened the comic just isn't that great without the cast from the movie.

Movies205 said:
Been meaning to see that film... but alas I have yet to get around to it, especially since I like Weller and it'd be nice to see him in something besides Robocop or 24.
Look for "Of Unknown Origin"...it's one of Weller's early films...very good.

deathshead2 said:
Man Buckaroo was great wish that 2nd movie and show happened the comic just isn't that great without the cast from the movie.
I'd heard they were going to do a comic recently...but I haven't seen it. I'd have loved to seen more BB movies too....but you'll never get that cast back together.

It's not my damn planet Monkeyboy!!

The comic has been out at least 2 or 3 months now I have issue 1, and 2 came out about 2 weeks ago.The first issue had the same humor as the movie but without hearing it coming from the voices of the cast it makes it sort of hard to laugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"