Really... That's your favorite?

lol The Spider-Man Villain?

And not the sexual thing.

As far as unpopular characters go, I've got you all beat. Sure Batman and Superman are up there, but my favorites are:

4QgFCTtEJbZQbsT.jpg

greenhornetbig.jpg

shadow_banner.gif

Like Aquaman, always get weird looks when I say Roger the Homonculus and Lobster Johnson

Nate grey and cable. I liked cable's time travel stuff and his atitude and leadership with the old x-force. I really liked the alternate version which is Nate grey. He is so powerful actually ripped prof. X out of the astral plane. My favorite team was the original x-force.

I liked Cable's time travel stuff to an extent. Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix is one of my all time favorite stories.

And Nate was just awesome all the way around. I'm stoked that he's back. :up:

Last edited:
byrneben.jpg

You'd be surprised how many people think this is a weird one to be your favorite.

:thing: :thing: :thing:

Nah, I sure don't. Of the FF he's my favorite and he's definately in my top 10 if I had to guess.

One of these days I'm actually going to make an official top 10. So far I'm pretty sure there's about 30 heroes in my top 10 favorites :p

Alot of people look at me odd or give me weird faces when I tell them that my favorite female superhero is She Hulk. :(

Alot of people look at me odd or give me weird faces when I tell them that my favorite female superhero is She Hulk. :(
Why? She's Marvel best female hero?

I hate when people who only know the movie/tv shows universe of the comic characters talk as IF they know ever single thing about them and they try to out do me as a fan!.

My fav.characters have always been/IS/always will be Batman&Wolverine and some that I've met think it's cause of there popularity in movies&shows But I just grew up with those comics!,.....They'll say"oh well mine is Nick Furry"and I ask which version and they'll say"the black one of course like Sam Jackson"and so I say"oh you like the Ultimate one eh?,I mostly prefer the white one"and they'll be looking confused as ****.

People pick ones not too popular and they'll say the ones known like Barry Allan for Flash /Hal Jordan for Green Lantern/Parker for Spidey/Bruce Wayne for Batman But I mention the other ones or like Wonder Woman's name and there looking like"oh crap..what do I say??".....It's insulting!.

It's like when people wear tons of"Tap out"/UFC gear and I ask who's there fav.fighter and they'll almost all say Brock Lesnar or Kimbo with some looking confused and change topic.....WTF!?!?.

Especially what annoys me most is when casual wrestling fans try to out do me and they think they know every single thing about wrestling cause of the mighty WWE and stuff they have learn in the last few years they have been watching and so they get cocky like there the ultimate wrestling geek.....I have been watching ALL types of wrestling for 24 years(since i was 1)and so I know about all types of it's history of over 100 years(WWE alone has over 60)and I've even trained for a lucha libre style indy company.

Every day I read people's comments on SHH's site on news about upcoming movies or whatever stuff and they act like as IF they are experts of what new storylines/characters are talked about based mostly on movies they know like the Spidey movies or X-films.

I hate when people who only know the movie/tv shows universe of the comic characters talk as IF they know ever single thing about them and they try to out do me as a fan!.

My fav.characters have always been/IS/always will be Batman&Wolverine and some that I've met think it's cause of there popularity in movies&shows But I just grew up with those comics!,.....They'll say"oh well mine is Nick Furry"and I ask which version and they'll say"the black one of course like Sam Jackson"and so I say"oh you like the Ultimate one eh?,I mostly prefer the white one"and they'll be looking confused as ****.

People pick ones not too popular and they'll say the ones known like Barry Allan for Flash /Hal Jordan for Green Lantern/Parker for Spidey/Bruce Wayne for Batman But I mention the other ones or like Wonder Woman's name and there looking like"oh crap..what do I say??".....It's insulting!.

:up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up:

I know what you mean. People who are comic fans and don't know a particular book or character ALWAYS need to say simply: I haven't read that. This is a correct response.

Those who try to look cool when you talk about Miguel O'hara as Spidey and act like they know what you are talking about are posers and do need to be ignored. I once mentioned John Stewart as Green Lantern to a friend and was telling them about a story and they said, oh he was best in Justice League cartoons. WTF?

It's like those people on these boards who claim to know everything there is to know about Batman or Spiderman because they watched a movie or saw a cartoon. It pisses me off!

I once mentioned John Stewart as Green Lantern to a friend and was telling them about a story and they said, oh he was best in Justice League cartoons. WTF?
How is that WTF at all? The guy just said he was great in the cartoon, which he was.

Killer Moth is the greatest character ever. He puts the rest of Batman's rogues gallery to shame with his epicness and striped pants.

How is that WTF at all? The guy just said he was great in the cartoon, which he was.

my point was that my friend professes to know a lot about comics, but anytime anything is mentioned he reverts to other media, like movies, cartoons etc. It is really messed up how some people think that they know everything about comics just because they watch TV or movies or buy action figures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"