Retro Superman

Discussion in 'Super-World' started by superman-mos, Dec 26, 2017.

1. superman-mos Registered

I’ve always been a big fan of the classic Superman. The old Fleischer Toons and George Reeve series. I’ve always thought that both Superman and Batman were timeless but something about a Superman show or cartoon set in the 30s or 40s has always been appealing to me. I’ve thought that a period show similar to Agent Carter but with Superman would be such a great concept and could possibly be very popular. Doing a 13 episode season on DCs new streaming service would be really cool. The art of Despop captures that feel I would love to see. So just for fun who would you cast and would you be interested in such a project

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/a4/f7/05/a4f705d1538482c579b96a37583c80d6.jpg

2. BH/HHH You Are My World

I’ve often said how I’d love to see a Superman film set during WWII or even a Superman film in the style of Sky Captain as a one off.

3. Jochimus Autobot Slacker

I'd be all over that in a heartbeat myself.

4. BH/HHH You Are My World

Yeah it could be fantastic if done right. It’s a shame it will probably never happen but I’d love to see WBs do some different things. Maybe like a new styled series of Superman every 6-10 years.

5. Rorschach2012 Batman is my Dad

Wow this might be the perfect way to reinvigorate the character. A live action Superman tv series set in the 40s is genius.