Richard Linklater’s HIT MAN (Glen Powell, Adria Arjona)

They had me at Adria Arjona.

Interesting seeing the images as I read this was a pretty straight up comedy. Apparently not.

giphy.gif

This being on Netflix kind of blows (pretty much guarantees that the only way it stays in the conversation for longer than a week is if it has awards buzz), but it looks good.

This being on Netflix kind of blows (pretty much guarantees that the only way it stays in the conversation for longer than a week is if it has awards buzz), but it looks good.
I am increasingly bought in to the conspiracy that Netflix is buying up movies like this and the Benoit Blanc series specifically to hurt movie theaters.

Excellent. And given the way movies are performing now, maybe it’s a good thing this is going to streaming so that the only thing people will talk about is the movie’s quality rather than how hard it bombed on opening weekend.

Excellent. And given the way movies are performing now, maybe it’s a good thing this is going to streaming so that the only thing people will talk about is the movie’s quality rather than how hard it bombed on opening weekend.

That’s if people are talking about it at all.

So many streaming movies have come and gone out of the public consciousness regardless of quality the past few months. I don’t know if people even know this exists.

That’s if people are talking about it at all.

So many streaming movies have come and gone out of the public consciousness regardless of quality the past few months. I don’t know if people even know this exists.

Well yeah; that’s the risk you run with this sort of release. Streaming is so weird, especially on Netflix. Movies they just released will apparently get no attention but then you’ll see some obscure movie from 8 years ago that was a box office bomb in the top 10 this week.

Netflix goes out of their way to market their own content. In fact, it's a pain in the ass to sift through their original programming to see anything else.

If you're a Netflix subscriber, there's no way you won't know about this.

Everything I've heard about this points to it being a hit if it gets a proper theatrical release. I for one will be moving heaven and earth to see it on the big screen in whatever tiny window Netflix gives it.

I love Richard Linklater but i’m trying to grasp the concept of this premise here though. So, this is a guy who pretends to be a hitman for hire…but then always fakes getting caught and takes people’s money without doing the job? Is that it?

I love Richard Linklater but i’m trying to grasp the concept of this premise here though. So, this is a guy who pretends to be a hitman for hire…but then always fakes getting caught and takes people’s money without doing the job? Is that it?

No, he’s a cop who poses as a hit man and arrests people who try to hire him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"