riddler suit?

Edward Nigma

Civilian
Reaction score
for the past few years i've been dying to be Riddler for halloween. The business suit stye, not the green spandex.

but for some reason, it seems no one makes suits that color, at least not that i can find. I saw a few of you are being joker and found some pretty awesome purple suits, any clue where i can find a decently priced kinda big (i'm tall and kinda chunky) bright green suit? any help would be much appreciated.

it really isnt that hard to a. finda white or light colored suit and dye it. or b. make your own.

Rit Dye is the key to everything

meh, i was afraid the options would be limited. oh well, maybe one year, when i have more money i'll just get a custom suit made.

go to the salvation army, or any thrift store for that matter, and pick up the lightest colored suit in your size, or that you can fit. and dye it, its really easy to dye stuff. rit makes an emerald green that would make a good color for the suit. and then you can spray paint, or find some fabric paint for the question marks using self made stencils or something of that nature. hope this helps.

I totally want to make a riddler costume. I'm doing the animated series look, that way I only need a green blazer. I have everything else, but the blazer is hard to find. And when i do find a green blazer, it's usually a very dark green. I guess dying is the only option. I'll hit up a few thrift stores. Anyone know where to buy this Rit dye, and will it stay the color or fade quick and messy?

Is the dye effect uniform?
Is it likely you'll get splotchy colors if you don't do it right?

Call this guy:

matthew_lesko.jpg

He'll know what to do.

they rit dye can be bought at walmart, or hobby lobby. Or you can get it online of course. Let me post a quick overview of how to do it.

get about 3-4 packets of the boxed dye. Get a bucket, trash can or whatever. A large enough bucket that will allow it to be submerged fully in water. Full with enough water so that it is submerged. The water should be close to boiling, or hot enough you cant keep your hand in there for more than a second. Add the jaket or whatever your dyeing. Keep it in there for 30 mins, stirring at least every 5, the more your stir, the more uniform the color. After 30-40 mins, start draining the bucket and start rinsing with hot water and gradually start rinsing it with colder and colder until it rinses clear or nearly clear. Then run it to a dryer and dry it. That should do it. If you want it brighter, dye it again. And try not to get any clothing with alot of polyester, it doesnt dye well.

I helped my friend put together his riddler costume. The thrift stores can be a great source for odd colored suits, and cheap. Thats where we found his jacket. Its hard to tell, but it is a dark green.

IM000817.jpg

I helped my friend put together his riddler costume. The thrift stores can be a great source for odd colored suits, and cheap. Thats where we found his jacket. Its hard to tell, but it is a dark green.

IM000817.jpg

wow a die hard riddler fan huh?

go 2 goodwill or the salvation army.
they sell odd colored suits and you can find one,bleach it with colorox, then dye it green.
thats how i did my purple suit and ima tall and chunky kid
1zqpyco.jpg

Nothing to do with this thread, but when i was in the 4th grade, when Batman Forever came out, i dressed as The Riddler, the movie version.

It was a very green spandax costume, that though came with a very cool Riddler cane. 8)

IM000817.jpg

Never seen a die hard Riddler fan that much...never thought there was that much to him really.

****...why stop there? Bring the Penguin and Mr. Freeze fan boys...lemme see what their rooms look like.

To piggyback on what Gambit posted, my brother bought the Riddler costume from Forever as well...of course, he was like 5 at the time...

and he's got more than whats in this photo. This pic is from the beginning of the year. He has a list of comic books that feature Riddler on the cover, and those are the ones he collects. Anything that has Riddler from any of his incarnations, he buys.

Yeah, I agree with Shadowbat69...HIT THE THRIFT STORES! You never know what you're gonna find there. They really have some wacky stuff & I bet you DO find a green suit, ha ha!

BATMAN FAN? Visit:
http://www.bat-blog.com

Don't let this out but I secretly like the Riddler spandex look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"