Ridley Scott's House of Gucci Starring Lady Gaga

Wait... Is this film serious or a broad satire? I thought they were going for yucks?

I dunno, but I'm gonna go see it on cheapo Tuesday.

I don't consider myself to be a particularly ethical person, but I am fair. :funny:

It's a crime drama, so yes it is.
Huh... Everyone sounds and looks ridiculous in the trailers I thought this was a goof. Like... No one has a good accent or acts like a real person I assumed it was a broad satire.

So... I'm supposed to take this seriously as a period piece?

Yeah I was under the impression that this was satire.

Huh... Everyone sounds and looks ridiculous in the trailers I thought this was a goof. Like... No one has a good accent or acts like a real person I assumed it was a broad satire.

So... I'm supposed to take this seriously as a period piece?
Still listed as a periodical crime drama.

Quick review

This is acting ham on a whole other level. Sweet lord. I started laughing by some of the choices made. Jared Leto is mvp here for me. That was a choice, but I couldn't look away. He is hilarious. He walks a fine line between a bad parody and great character work, he makes Pacino look subtle. Gaga was solid, but her accent work took me out way more often. This does drag in the last act tho. I don't know, at a certain point one has to admire what Ridley was going for, it kinda felt like a funnier version distant cousin of 'Showgirls' in certain scenes.

Ham with all the fat and grease still taste good. Tis' the best way to describe this. A must watch at least once.

Method acting = blanket excuse to be offensive and a dick to your costars.

There wasn't enough Al Pacino and Jared Leto in this movie.

Dat cheese acting.

He was great in Dallas Buyers Club, but he's been pretty terrible ever since.

Leto needs a good director to balance him out otherwise his indulgances take over. But if there is he's great. Look the guy is a pretentious prick, and I know it's popular to pile on him on social media, but let's not pretend he hasn't put in quality performances.

1SWFUfR.jpg

Just saw it yesterday and really liked it. It didn't seem like an almost 3 hour movie at all. As far as the pacing in the third act, it slowed down, but I felt it needed to. I will say that there seemed to be in inordinate amount of camera interest in Lady Gaga's upper bosom and posterior regions. I'm not complaining, but merely making an observation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"