Ridley Scott's House of Gucci Starring Lady Gaga

This movie is not made with me in mind from the simply fact I was watching the trailer waiting to get to the part where Gucci is killed in Miami...

And that's when I realized I was thinking of Versace.

This brings me All the Money in the World vibes (another Scott film i enjoyed).

I'm in.

This movie is not made with me in mind from the simply fact I was watching the trailer waiting to get to the part where Gucci is killed in Miami...

And that's when I realized I was thinking of Versace.

I'm more interested in House of Victoria's Secret. But this doesn't look boring like I would have expected. They shot it like it's a James Bond movie or something, and the Blondie naturally bumps the trailer up in my estimation.

But honestly, let’s keep Ridley working as long as he can. At his age, if he slows down…

Thats a good point. He's been making films one after another for like 40 years. The boredom of retirement might be too much of a shock to his system. Seriously, his work ethic at 83 puts a lot of men half his age to shame.
It's insane how relatively few breaks in between films Scott has had over the years. Sure, not all of his films have been home runs but it's pretty impressive for someone of his age to keep churning out these big budget projects. I was actually surprised when I saw "From Academy Award Nominee Ridley Scott" in the trailer since I could've sworn he won Best Director for Gladiator but it was Soderbergh who won that year.

The Academy should give Ridley Scott his Oscar, even a honorary one before he slip pass us into the Tannhauser Gate.

The Duellists (1977) --one of the most beautifully shot films I ever saw.
Alien (1979)
Blade Runner (1982)
Black Rain (1989)
Thelma & Louise (1991)
Gladiator (2000)
Black Hawk Down (2001)
Kingdom of Heaven (2005)
American Gangster (2007)
Robin Hood (2010)
Prometheus (2012)
The Martian (2015)

Honestly, the more I think about the Farrell/Leto comparisons on Twitter, the more irritated I become at the idea that their respective make-up work is in any way comparable.

You can tell this is Leto from a mile away, no matter how many people try to make “unrecognizable” happen. With Colin, we literally needed the make-up artists to come right out and say “Yeah, that’s him” before we could believe it.

Honestly, the more I think about the Farrell/Leto comparisons on Twitter, the more irritated I become at the idea that their respective make-up work is in any way comparable.

You can tell this is Leto from a mile away, no matter how many people try to make “unrecognizable” happen. With Colin, we literally needed the make-up artists to come right out and say “Yeah, that’s him” before we could believe it.
I don't know... If we had randomly seen a set photo of Leto in makeup, would the reaction be the same?

That said, I really hate the trend of arbitrarily burying stars in makeup for roles that plenty of other character actors could have easily done. Like, it's different for, say, Oldman as Churchill, but Paolo Gucci? Really? Just let Paul Giametti land the first good role he's had in years.

I don't know... If we had randomly seen a set photo of Leto in makeup, would the reaction be the same?

That said, I really hate the trend of arbitrarily burying stars in makeup for roles that plenty of other character actors could have easily done. Like, it's different for, say, Oldman as Churchill, but Paolo Gucci? Really? Just let Paul Giametti land the first good role he's had in years.

Yeah that's why I also kind of have a problem with this. "Attractive" actors already have a huge advantage of often being cast as the lead mostly because of their looks. Stuff like this feels like taking away a job from someone "average" who already looks like the character.

The moment they switched to someone on a motorcycle on a snowy mountain I was thinking "Girl with the dragon tattoo"?

Then the music ramps up like Batman is going to go head to head with Superman. It's hilarious

Looks fun - bad Italian accents notwithstanding. And Jared Leto is unrecognizable.

Leto's is bordering on SNL bad

This looks like so much fun. That second trailer makes me think Leto will be crazy over the top though.

Ryan Murphy must be fuming that Ridley beat him to this.
I forgot the next season of ACS was going to cover the same subject. :funny:

It was sooooo long ago.

I’m hearing this movie has phenomenal first half but then goes off course in the third act.

The kids also love that Adam Driver fella. He's the "Good soup" guy from TikTok!

Looks like Leto is getting most of the negative reviews. Gaga's accent is getting criticized too, but Leto's is apparently worse. :funny:

Looks like Leto is getting most of the negative reviews. Gaga's accent is getting criticized too, but Leto's is apparently worse. :funny:
Wait... Is this film serious or a broad satire? I thought they were going for yucks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"