Rise of Marvels: 2099 Edition OOC Thread

UltimateRPGs

Overseer of Ultimate
Reaction score
RISE OF MARVELS: 2099 Edition

Welcome to the Future!

The year is 2099, and the world is a different place than it once was. The Age of Heroes is over, and an Age of Technology now reigns. With the heroes and villains vanishing in wake of The Great Cataclysm, it was the corporations that slowly began to take control as they helped rebuild the Earth.
Massive corporations, such as Alchemax, Stark Industries, and D/Monix, now rule the world like a global police state. Each company carving out large sectors of land as their own, and enforcing it with their own armies and hired guns.

In this society, the lower class are truly living in poverty. Many are homeless, living in slums provided by the corporations away from their cities. With no hope of a better life, many turn to religious cults to help fill their lives with meaning, worshiping the heroes of old and praying to them for salvation (most prominent being the Church of Thor and the Doomsday Church). Those not destitute live in the massive cities, under the watchful eye of the Corps.

Mutants still exist in the year 2099, but a cure to the "mutant disease" was discovered and many were stripped of their abilities. Now the remaining mutants live in small, hidden communities far away from the prying eyes of the Corps in the ever-dangerous lawless lands.
Some mutants still cling to the cities, living carefully among the humans, trying to stay undetected from prying eyes while making a decent living.

The heroes are gone, but the time is ripe and the cycle is about to begin again. Will these new super-powered beings be tools for the corporations to use in their continuing battle for supremacy? Or will they help topple the invincible giants that rule the everyday lives of the entire planet?

Only YOU can say for sure...

---------------------------------------

This RPG is set in an alternate 2099 timeline. Posters can create a future version of Marvel characters and incorporate them into the world of 2099. Characters already established in 2099 continuity have not appeared yet.
Though if somebody wanted to play Miguel O'Hara or X'ian they may. Or they could create their own version of Spider-Man 2099, Hulk 2099, Ravage 2099, etc. Choice is up to them.

Gamemaster: Johnny Blaze
AGMs: Byrd Man

Rules

Characters must be future versions of established Marvel characters from the mainstream Marvel, or the classic 2099, continuity (i.e. Moon Knight 2099, Nick Fury 2099, Magneto 2099, etc).
Characters from alternate timelines or other Marvel imprints are not allowed.
Created characters may be children, or grandchildren, of original Marvel characters. But they must be tied to their predecessors (i.e. have similar powers).

If a major character is applied for, there will be a 24 hour period for other applicants. If there are multiple applications, the GM's will decide who gets the character. Less popular characters can be given out on a first come, first serve basis.

You are allowed a maximum of two characters. It is advised you start with just one, though. Once you feel you are able to handle another character, then, by all means, put up the application. :up:

You must post at least once every two weeks, though it is preferred you post more, or your character will be up-for-grabs. Failure to post after a month will result in removal from the roster.

PC's are not to be killed without permission. Nameless NPC's are fine, but PC's or important NPC's will require authorization. Don't do anything random, such as destroying the universe, either. Such behavior is frowned upon.

Several storylines can be going on at once, in order to interact with other players. If a player's character does not want to be involved in another player's storyline, they do not have to. Consultation and communication are the keys to a good PC-to-PC interaction.

You can travel anywhere on Earth or off-planet, provided it is within your character's means. Time-travel is forbidden, unless it is specifically required of your character choice (i.e. Kang the Conqueror, Immortus, etc).

You are your character, so act like them. Create or portray their mannerisms, powers, and ideals to how they have been established in the game. BE the character - do not, under any circumstances, play yourself as the character.

Respect the Gamemasters. If they make a request of you regarding the game, listen to them. Failure to adhere to GM, AGM, and Hype! Moderator requests will result in expulsion from the game.

Be creative, and do not be afraid to try new and exciting things with old concepts. This is a new continuity - so spin it however you wish.

All regular Hype rules apply.

And finally, the most important rule of all: Have fun. Never take the game too seriously, or you will have lost the point. Heated arguments between players can result in probation or infractions - do not ruin it for other players. It's a ****ing game, people. :cmad:

---------------------------------------

Rise of Marvels: 2099 Edition Character Application:

Character You Would Like to Play:

Character Alignment (Hero, Villain, or Walking the Line):

Character's Speech Style and Color (actually say what the **** it is, *******s):

Faction They Belong To (i.e. members of a corp, church or cult, underground meta group, etc; if they aren't part of a group, just put "none"):

Appearance/Costume (Briefly describe or post a picture of what your character's costume looks like):

Powers and Abilities:

Brief Origin/History of Your Character and Their Personality:

Supporting Cast:

How Often Do You Intend to Post in This RPG Each Week:

Sample Post (must be a minimum of 4 paragraphs with at least 2 lines of dialogue from your character):

Last edited:
ROSTER

Heroes

Daredevil
Byrd Man

Frederick Xavier

The Question

Herbie Richards
Blacklight

Iron Man
Carnage27

Mr. Immortal (Captain America)
SuperFerret

Spider-Man
Spike_x1

Thor
Johnny Blaze

Walking the Line

Villains

Magneto
The Question

Mandarin
MichaelChen

Taskmaster
Spike_x1

Tyler Stone, the Green Goblin

Johnny Blaze

Last edited:
The World of 2099​

Here you'll find brief bits of info on Corps, Cults, underground groups, locations, and anything else that's relevant to the 2099 RPG's landscape.

The Corporations

Alchemax: One of the largest Corps on the planet, Alchemax's CEO, Tyler Stone, has spread his greedy fingers in projects all over the world. Controlling the Northeastern United States, as well as parts of neighboring Canada, Alchemax has dreams of manifest destiny. Stone is slowly trying to increase his empire's borders and will stop at nothing to see his dream of a world under his rule come true.

TRXTR Universal: A relatively new Corp, TRXTR came into power with the violent overthrow of the Wotan Corp that previously ruled Norway. Lars Liesmith, the enigmatic ruler of TRXTR Universal quickly moved to expand his domain and took control of the entire Scandinavian peninsula. Despite it's inexperience, TRXTR Universal has quickly become a major factor in global politics primarily through Liesmith's impossible blending of magic and technology.

Cults, Organizations, and All Other Groups

The Public Eye: Like the Gestapo of Nazi Germany, or the KGB of Soviet Russia, the Public Eye, led by the cyborg, Venture, is Alchemax's elite police force. The Public Eye is equipped with Alchemax's most advance technology, and has virtually all of the Corp's territory, as well as it's neighbors, under it's ever-alert gaze.

Fenris Wolfpack: The Wolfpack is the special forces team of TRXTR Universal's forces, much like the Navy SEALS of old. Like everything in TRXTR's empire, the Wolfpack wields advanced weaponry and body armor fused with magic. The Wolfpack have earned an infamous reputation among the Corps for their precise savagery on the battlefield.

Church of Thor: Mainly concentrated in Scandinavia, the Church of Thor has cells spread throughout the globe. Believing in the goodness and courage of Asgard, the Church fights a crusade against the Corps that oppress the planet. They firmly believe that Thor will return one day to lead them to victory and usher in a new era for mankind.

Last edited:
BOO-YA!

Character You Would Like to Play: Father William Garcia/Daredevil

Character Alignment (Hero, Villain, or Walking the Line): Hero

Character's Speech Style and Color (actually say what the **** it is, *******s): Trebuchet MS and dark red for Will/Bold it for Daredevil

Faction They Belong To (i.e. members of a corp, church or cult, underground meta group, etc): Catholic Church

Appearance/Costume (Briefly describe or post a picture of what your character's costume looks like): William wears a traditonal priest uniform, black with the collar. His Daredevil outfit is dark red, made of patchwork cloth and sewn together, with the Daredevil logo, the twin Ds, on his right chest. His mask features the trademark horns.

Powers and Abilities: No powers, but William has above average fighting skills and agility.

Personality: As a priest, William is a very reserved and compassionate man, helping anyone he can to the best of his abilities. While a man of the cloth, he is slowly starting to lose his faith and often finds himself questioning God's plan.

Origin: Born in New York, William Garcia grew up in the massive New York slums, specifically the section named bad place's Kitchen, the worst part of the slums in New York, and the West Coast. Even though he grew up in a tough neighborhood, William partcipated in many youth activities and was even a golden glove boxing champ when he was a teenager.

As he got older, he strayed towards the gangs and became a member of The Hand, a street gang named after the old ninja clan.

While in The Hand, something happened and William's life was shattered. After leaving the gang, the young man took upon another calling, the call of God. Enrolling in the seminary, William became a priest. After taking his vows, he was assigned to St. Mary's in his old neighborhood.

In two years as a man of the cloth, William saw the community he lived with going to rot. The Hand, and countless other street gangs ruled bad place's Kitchen with an iron fist, none of the upperclass in the high rises cared about what happened to New York's poor. Seeing this, William took action.

It has been a year in a half since he decided to change his community for the better. During the day, he blesses and is a man of God. At night, the priest calls upon the devil himself to protect his neighborhood.

Supporting Cast: Cardinal O'Hara, the head of St. Mary's church and William's superior. Maria Garcia, William's mother. Lau Tzu, a blind chinese man and William's mentor. Timothy Johnson, a orphan who William keeps an eye on.

How Often Do You Intend to Post in This RPG Each Week: As much as needed.

Sample Post (must be a minimum of 4 paragraphs with at least 2 lines of dialogue from your character):

Now

"Forgive me, father. I have sinned." The voice on the other side of the booth says.

"How long has it been since your last confession, my son?" I say as I look forward, my eyes never looking at the person on the other side of the door.

My body still aches and hurts from last night's activites.

8 Years Ago

"I got that Spider-Man." Ronnie Mo says to a passerby as the two of us sling on the street corner. I'm an 18 year old drug dealer, and I'm having the time of my life.

7 Years Ago

My baseball cap is thrown aside as I lay in the street, the gun still trembling in my hands as the dead body in front of me bleeds out.

Tears fill my eyes as I fall to my knees.

"What have I done?"

10 Years Ago

"Keep up the left, kid." Mickie mutters as the two of us dance around the gym.

Name of the place is Fighting Jack's, its a run down old gym. But a good place to learn a thing or two about kicking some ash.

Mickie is in his 40's, but the old guy can box. I find that out when he lays me on the ground with a swift hook.

"What did I say?" He sighs as he holds his hand out.

"Never lead with the left."

3 Years Ago

"Do you, William Garcia, vow to give your life to God, and all his wisdom and knowledge? Do you vow to take a life of poverty and chastity in the name of the lord?"

"I do."

2 Years Ago

I stand on the street corner among the other by standers, I stick out like a sore thumb with my priest collar on.

The small crowd watch as the police take the dead body and put in the gurney. The body is small and tiny, that of a child.

"They say he was just walking to the store when he-"

"Boy wasn't even six-"

"That's a damn shame."

I shake my head in disgust as I turn and walk off into the night.

The thoughts in my head border on blasphemy as I walk down the street. God does have a plan for us, but was it his plan that the boy get shot?

1 Year Ago

I stand in front of the alter, the rosary beads clamped in my fist.

"Please let my hands and feet be swift, for they serve you and your divine purpose. All things in your honor, amen."

I look through the stain glass window at the setting sun. Tonight is the night.

Last Night

Roland Bryce, alias Wee-Bay, is one of the Kingpin's top enforcers. He's been responsible for thirty murders at least.

He knows that I'm on his trail, that's why he now has five armed men with him when ever he goes anywhere.

I've been in the shadows, watching for the last three nights. Now, I strike.

I swing low and land on the car as it rides down the street.

"You hear something?" Wee-Bay says as he sits in the back of SUV.

My crimson gloved hand crashes through the window and jerks the man out. His face is bloodied from the broken glass, but he sees my face clearly. The patron devil of bad place's Kitchen.

"Roland Bryce!" I yell into his face as the car we ride on comes to a stop.

"Welcome to bad place!"

I shoot a line into the sky and swing off with Wee-Bay as his lackeys leap out the car and take pot-shots at us, missing by yards as we dissapear into the night.

Now

The man in the booth finishes his confession.

I barely hear it as I make the sign of the cross.

"In the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. I absolve you of your sings, now go forward."

My shins ache as I stand up and leave the confession booth.

The sun is already starting to set. Another night is upon us, and with the night comes the hunt.

Character You Would Like to Play: Craig Hollis, Mr. Immortal, (eventually Captain America 2099)

Character's Speech Style and Color (actually say what the **** it is, *******s): Dark Orange, what the **** it is, *******s

Faction They Belong To (i.e. members of a corp, church or cult, underground meta group, etc): None, as of yet. (Eventually the Avengers)

Appearance/Costume (Briefly describe or post a picture of what your character's costume looks like): Craig still has the same costume he used before the Cataclysm, although he hasn't worn it in a long time. He's also since grown a full beard. When he decides to start the Avengers again and takes up the Captain America mantle, he'll be wearing a costume that looks like a futuristic version of Ultimate Cap's suit.

Powers and Abilities: As Homo supreme,Craig can’t die. Well, okay, he can, but he gets better. Honest. He also goes insane with rage for a short period after. He’s effectively immortal.

Brief Origin/History of Your Character and Their Personality: Craig’s been through a lot since his days leading the Great Lakes Avengers/X-Men/Champions/Defenders. His team was actually getting a lot of decent press when the Great Cataclysm happened, killing his team and all other heroes and villains. Craig died as well, for a year (a record for him). When he woke, (after clawing his way out of the grave he was put into, and after the month-long psychotic episode wore off) the world was a different place. Without heroes, it seemed simpler on the surface, and Craig went underground, keeping his powers and identity hidden. For years, he wandered the world, watching as the corporations replaced nations and the people became oppressed, as he trained his body and mind, for what, he never knew. Now, with the heroes returning, Craig feels it’s time to become what he always wanted to be: an Avenger.

Supporting Cast: Deathurge, a spiritual “Angel of Death” who had been with Craig since he (Craig) was very young, is Craig’s constant companion. Having varied “hosts” over the years, the current Deathurge is the spirit of Peter Parker, the former Spider-Man, who appears wearing his black costume along with D’urge’s usual cape and skis.

How Often Do You Intend to Post in This RPG Each Week: At least once.

I can’t die. That’s not to say that I haven’t tried. I was born over a hundred years ago and it seems like I’ve tried every method of suicide. Shooting. Explosions. Drowning. Falling. Burning. Stabbing, cutting, lacerating. bad place, I’ve even tried being eaten (that was not fun). Nothing stuck for very long.

Except for that “cataclysm” thing.

And even that wasn’t for long, which is all for the best I guess. The afterlife is a nice place to visit, but I’d never want to live there, so to speak. I wandered the world, watching how it’s fallen apart without its heroes, my heart bleeding for it. I’ve wanted to help, but with my powers, all it’d take is a bullet to stop me, and then they’ll give me that mutant “cure”. I don’t know if it works on me, but I don’t want to find out.

“I need a team.”

“What was that Craig?” Peter Parker, used to be the Spider-Man I knew, now he serves Oblivion as Deathurge, gathering spirits to bring to the afterlife. Luckily, like the other D’urges, he’s able to hang out with me. My one last tie to the old world, the way things should be.

“I said I need a team. To be effective, y’know.” I look to him, into the white spaces that pass for eyes on that black mask of his. He nods, silently. “You’ve heard the stories I have. bad place, you’ve seen them with all that soul-retrieving you do.” I laugh, “We always stood among death, didn’t we?” I ask rhetorically as I walk through my home, an abandoned (and well hidden) sub-basement of the old Avenger’s mansion in New York.

“What’re you saying?”

“I’m saying,” I pull the top off of a box I hid here years ago, lifting it’s only content, “that the world sucks. Without the heroes, evil went unchecked.” I look at the disc in my hands, the dim light reflecting off of it’s red, white and blue surface. “I’m saying…”

“…that we finally have something to Avenge.”

Last edited:
Posting to subscribe. Like I said, even if I don't know I think I will want to tackle making MicroHeroes for the RPG.

Character You Would Like to Play: Tyler Stone, the Green Goblin

Character Alignment (Hero, Villain, or Walking the Line): Villain

Character's Speech Style and Color (actually say what the **** it is, *******s): Green, Century Gothic (bold when in Goblin armor)

Faction They Belong To (i.e. members of a corp, church or cult, underground meta group, etc): Stone is the CEO/leader of Alchemax, one of the largest Corps on the planet.

Appearance/Costume (Briefly describe or post a picture of what your character's costume looks like): Tyler is a lanky blond man in his mid 30's prone to wearing formal business attire. The Goblin armor is a green form-fitting battle suit with a purple, demonic-humanoid looking mask and large purple bat-wings that are able to retract into the small anti-grav engine on the back, between his shoulder blades.

Powers and Abilities: None, yet. But when he becomes the Goblin he'll gain super-human physical abilities (strength, speed, stamina, etc); Goblin armor is a mix between high technology and bio-engineering (armor is made from a vibranium alloy, making it impervious to extreme temperatures and able to take an enormous amount of damage; contains a personal life-support system that allows the wearer to go without food and water for up to a week; contains a personal air supply to support the wearer in an oxygen deprived place for up to two days; Mask contains filters that removes poisons from the air, as well as converts non-breathable atmosphere into oxygen; Lenses in the mask allow for a variety of visions enhancements: infrared, microscopic, telescopic, x-ray, and the ability to scan people and places and tap into the Alchemax database for information on them; communications equipment in the mask allows the wearer to tap into the global communications network; Mask contains a visual and audio recording system; Suit's talons are adamantium and able to slice through practically anything; tiny cannons mounted in the palms allow the Goblin to fire bursts of plasma at enemies; anti-grav engine allows for silent flight with near perfect maneuverability thanks to the large wings that help steer; The Suit houses an assortment of miniaturized explosive weaponry, such as smart bombs that are able to track a target once locked in, and gas grenades that can do everything from knockout to kill a target)

Brief Origin/History of Your Character and Their Personality: Tyler Stone grew up a privileged youth in the care of his father, Walter. Learning the intricacies of being one of the social elite from an early age, Stone was groomed by his father for greatness. Almost to a detriment though, as his father's constant pushing to make Tyler a success left him detached, cold, and calculated.
Tyler learned to see people for what they could do for him to help him advance, and his sense of morals slowly faded away with his lost childhood.

As a young man, Tyler displayed a keen scientific mind and was hired on by Alchemax, formally OsCorp, and the Corp that ruled New York city with an iron fist. Tyler was put to work in it's R&D department on developing weaponry, and quickly made a name for himself. It wasn't long after his hiring that he caught the eye of then CEO, Stacy Osborn.
The young heiress to the Osborn legacy, Stacy quickly took a liking to the suave Tyler. The two began a whirlwind romance, and Tyler began to see himself shoot up the corporate ladder. Eventually marrying Stacy, Tyler became a VP of Alchemax and he began to slip his greedy fingers in all facets of the company. One of the projects Tyler was most famously responsible for the creation of the Public Eye, Alchemax's elite armored police force that was used to keep everyone in New York in line with the Alchemax vision.

One fateful night, Stacy Osborn and her entourage were attacked, ambushed by the Cult of the Spider and brutally murdered. Tyler quickly moved to fill the vacuum of power, taking control of Alchemax before any other would-be kings could react. Many whispered that Tyler himself had organized the death of his wife in order to take command of the company. But those foolish enough to talk openly mysteriously disappeared. With the notorious Public Eye backing him, Stone's transition to leader of one of the world's largest Corps was now complete.

Now the unquestioned ruler of Alchemax, Tyler plans to advance his power base and expand his Alchemax empire out of the Northeast United States. His vision is a simple one: the entire planet under the Alchemax brand with Tyler Stone as the ultimate authority of a golden utopia created in his image.

Supporting Cast: Venture, cybernetic, wild west-themed hitman and Captain of the Public Eye; others will be added later

How Often Do You Intend to Post in This RPG Each Week: As many as need be, life permitting.

Tyler Stone sat in his darkened, penthouse of an office, the light of the holographic projection of a computer screen bathing both he and his desk in an eerie blue light. The skyline of upper New York City shone brightly behind him as hovering vehicles raced past on the airways. Throughout the passing of the years, one thing remained constant. This was still a city that never sleeps.

A beeping indicating somebody standing outside his office door got Tyler's attention.

"Come in", he said without taking his eyes from the reports in front of him.

"Evenin', Mr. Stone."

It was Venture, the cybernetic bounty hunter and captain of the infamous Public Eye, Alchemax's elite fighting force.

"Mr. Venture", Stone smiled like a devil, "you're earlier than expected."

Pressing a button on his desk, the holographic display vanished. Stone leaned back in his plush chair as the Cyborg, dressed in wild west garb, methodically walked towards him.

"Round up went quicker than expected. Got all the punks corralled and headin' to the pens 'fore supper."

"Nicely done, Venture. See to it that all the activists go through the re-education process and are returned to their respective homes. Those who are too unruly and unwilling to cooperate..."

"Well"
, Stone smirked, "we can't have loose ends now, can we?"

Since Mr. Immortal isn't really a major character, the 24 hour rules doesn't apply. You're approved, Fuzzball. :up:

Character You Would Like to Play: The Taskmaster

Character Alignment (Hero, Villain, or Walking the Line): Villain

Character's Speech Style and Color: Navy, Bold.

Faction They Belong To (i.e. members of a corp, church or cult, underground meta group, etc): Mostly a member of the Corps, although that may change given time. Tasky's loyalties won't really be set in stone.

Appearance/Costume (Briefly describe or post a picture of what your character's costume looks like): Very streamlined with a vague resemblance to the UDON version of the old Taskmaster's costume. It has wires and several circular "plugs" at key areas on his body, a number of "hard light" emitters that produce various weapons, and a sleek skull-like helmet that hides his face. There are also holsters for two handguns behind each shoulder, and a futuristic katana hilt that's kept on his back that, when activated, produces a hard light blade.

Powers and Abilities: The ability to reproduce any action that he sees that is within his physical capabilities. Taskmaster's suit also allows for a moderate level of superhuman strength (roughly the strength level of the Heroic Age Spider-Man), can hack into computer systems, produce holograms for a short period of time (either to cover himself as a disguise, or project one across the room as a distraction). The hard light emitters on his costume can reproduce certain weaponry or abilities of individuals that the Taskmaster has studied, such as Spider-Man's webshooting ability (via shooting a "web" of solid light from his hand), the Heroic Age's Wolverine's claws, etc. The suit is also resistant to small caliber laserfire and bullets.

Brief Origin/History of Your Character and Their Personality: The Taskmaster was once a young man named Isaac Ambler living in the slum known as The River (named on account of the literal river of human and chemical waste that runs next to it). With no hope of giving his girlfriend and their infant son a better life, his prayers were answered when the corporation known as Alchemax came to his doorstep. They told him that if he would volunteer to participate in their research, Ambler's family would be very well compensated. Why did they choose him? To this day, Isaac still doesn't know, but all he cared about was that this was his chance to get his family out of the River. They told him that after he had been with Alchemax for a year, he would be allowed to return to his family with no strings attached. It seemed like a small price to pay for a deal that was too good to be true.

That was three years ago.

As the subject of the corporation's experiment, Ambler's was trained to his physical prime and then submitted to a number of sessions of brain surgery. His mind was outfitted with a new form of micro-circuitry that recorded everything that his senses were exposed to, and enabled him to recall those memories on a whim. Once that circuitry was wired into his motor control, however, is when the experiments were truly proven to be a success. Wiping Isaac's memory of his past life and putting him at the command of the User, Alchemax gave their new corporate assassin the codename "Taskmaster," inspired by the Heroic Age mercenary of the same name. They gave the Taskmaster a high-tech suit and weapons attuned to respond to him alone, and played as much recorded footage as possible of the past superhero and supervillain populations, arming him with the advanced techniques of hundreds of colorful characters from the Heroic Age.

Supporting Cast: The mysterious User is the only member of the cast to speak of, who is somewhere behind a computer at Alchemax, monitoring the Taskmaster's thoughts, and calling the shots on his actions.

How Often Do You Intend to Post in This RPG Each Week: As many as necessary.

Why do I fight? Why did this man have to die by my hand?

I look down at the dead man hunched forward on his desk. I crushed his windpipe with a mere flick of my wrist before he even had time to recognize me as a threat, and now he's dead. And I don't know why. The User told me where and when I would kill him, and I did. This is the sixth time that the User has dispatched me to murder Alchemax's own employees. They never tell me why, but I can only assume that I was sent because they were selling corporate secrets, talking to reporters, or because they asked for a raise. At first I wasn't the least bit curious, but after going through the motions of this for the sixth time, the question of Why began itching so suddenly that I couldn't stop myself from thinking it, which was quickly met with my User's answer.

~...Because your User said so.~

I have read about and witnessed many humans and their emotions, so I know that most of them would only be made even more curious by such a non-answer, but for some reason, the User's response is enough to quell my curiosity. I could detect concern in my User's digitized voice, though. Perhaps I wasn't supposed to ask such a question?

"Intriguing," I say as my eyes move across the office and notice that the fingerprint scanner on the file cabinet has been tampered with. Anyone less astute than I probably would not have noticed the impressions around it that were obviously left behind by an intruder, at a time when the office's owner obviously wasn't around to lend his own authentic fingerprint, either forcibly or voluntarily.

~What is it?~ asks the User in my head.

"Someone was here before I was, and stole something from the file cabinet."

~Frak. Return to base, TM. Your Task is complete.~

Approved. Nice Taskmaster app, Spike. Nice to know I've got a highly skilled assassin on the payroll. :woot: :up:

Character You Would Like to Play: Sigurd Jarrlson/ The Mighty Thor

Character's Speech Style and Color (actually say what the **** it is, *******s): Blue, arial narrow for Sigurd, same, but bolded for Thor

Faction They Belong To (i.e. members of a corp, church or cult, underground meta group, etc): None yet

Appearance/Costume (Briefly describe or post a picture of what your character's costume looks like): Sigurd is a large blond haired Scandinavian man. He wears normal, every day clothes and sports a bushy beard. When he becomes Thor, it's the classic Asgardian Prince we all know and love.

Powers and Abilities: Sigurd possesses no powers, but is a trained fighter and good marksman; as Thor, the standard power set of the regular 616 Thor (Pre-Odin Force)

Brief Origin/History of Your Character and Their Personality: Sigurd is a gruff man, who's stubbornness can get him in trouble. He believes in not BSing around with people, and has a strict sense of justice. Sigurd does possess a wit as sharp as his fighting skills, often taunting opponents in battle.
Thor practically possesses the same personality, though the Great Cataclysm and seeing so many friends and family die has hardened him. He is more like a Norse warrior now than ever, and is prone to excessive amounts of drinking when not acting the part of a hero.

Sigurd knows nothing of his life before waking up in an army hospital in New Oslo, part of the Scandinavian empire of TRXTR Universal. Apparently one of the Fenris Wolfpack, TRXTR Universal's elite unit, Sigurd was brutally stabbed and near death.

For two long weeks he sat in his hospital bed, with nothing to do but watch the news feeds, go through his rehab, and sleep. And when he slept he was plagued with bizarre visions. Some pleasant, others nightmarish.

He saw a vast city of shining white spires and glorious castles. He saw fields of green grass, and friends laughing together as they shared a meal by a fire.
He saw a dark, frightening land, ruled by monsters. He saw a kingdom of fire, and a massive demon holding a hulking sword. He saw the massive demon standing in the golden city, facing an old man in silver armor. He saw the golden city burn around the demon, as it raised it's massive blade and brought it crashing down on the old man.
And then he'd always wake up.

But, as he became fully healed, a new dream began to play in his mind every night. It was a grassy field in the shadow of a large mountain top. Up on the mountain's peak, surrounded by storms, was an small stone alter. And on this alter, there sat a war hammer. It was the most magnificent weapon Sigurd had ever seen. A feeling in his gut that he felt every time he awoke, told him that the hammer was real. He had to seek it out.
It wasn't long after that, that Sigurd left the Wolfpack to follow his visions and find this special hammer.

But the Wolfpack does not tolerate deserters. The CEO of TRXTR Universal, Lars Liesmith, has taken a personal interest in seeing Sigurd arrested and brought back "home" for punishment. It will be a deadly journey for Sigurd as he quests to find the hammer...

Supporting Cast: Lars Liesmith, his chief adversary; Skurge, his former Captain of the Fenris Wolves who is now hunting him; others will be introduced later

How Often Do You Intend to Post in This RPG Each Week: As many as need be, life permitting.

Sigurd grunted as he rolled on the concrete. Regaining his balance, Sigurd began to sprint down the side of the old road as laser blasts whizzed by overhead.

Two men in powered armor bearing the TRXTR Universal logo came rushing over the edge of the rooftop and leaping onto the street below. The soldiers rushed after Sigurd as he ducked into an old, run down hotel.

Sigurd looked around, trying to figures something out.

"Come on, fool. Think!"

The laser blasts began to pour through the door, and Sigurd darted through the lobby and up the stairs to the second floor.
The two soldiers burst through the door, hot on Sigurd's heels.

"You're screwed, Jarrlson! Just surrender and save yourself the pain!"

A large piece of rebar rocketed into one of the guards, impaling the surprised man through his stomach.

"You were saying something about pain", Sigurd smirked as the guard fell to his knees, dying.

"Mother ****er!"

The guard opened fire, and a hail of laser bolts came at Jarrlson. Sigurd dove through a door and into a nearby suite. He crawled on his hands and knees into the kitchen and away from the laser bolts. Standing up, he found a large, old chef's knife that still looked new. Sigurd smiled as he picked the blade up.

Last edited:
Rise of Marvels: 2099 Edition Character Application

Character You Would Like to Play: Spider-Man (Miguel O'Hara)

Character's Speech Style and Color (actually say what the **** it is, *******s): Comic Sans MS, Bold, Navy

Faction They Belong To (i.e. members of a corp, church or cult, underground meta group, etc): Employee of Alchemax

Appearance/Costume (Briefly describe or post a picture of what your character's costume looks like): He'll be going through a wide variety of costumes throughout the season. Spider-Man was never really one to stick to one look when he wasn't wearing the original red-n-blues, so I want to touch on that in making Miguel's donning of the tights a little more indecisive. Plus, I want to distance him as much as possible from the original Spidey 2099 to make him my own.

For his first costume, I was thinking this would work...

fooshouseofmspidermanby.jpg

Powers and Abilities: The ability to crawl on walls, poisonous fangs, superhuman strength, enhanced agility and reflexes, sixth sense warning him of danger mimicking that of the original Spider-Man's Spider-Sense, and an organic supply of webbing

Brief Origin/History of Your Character and Their Personality: 24-year-old factory worker Miguel O'Hara was just another biproduct of the year 2099. Flourished by the dangerous lifestyle that came with being an employee of the megacorporation Alchemax, the making of a decent living wasn't exactly an easy thing to come by. But it all changed for Miguel when he met and fell in love with the beautiful Gwendolyn-Jane "Gwen J" Parker. Finding family amongst Gwen and her adoptive relatives, The Jamesons, Miguel seemingly found a reason to tolerate his miserable existence.

Then came the conspiracy. Stumbling upon a secret shipment of a drug called Rapture into Alchemax's chemical supply, Miguel was on his way to tell the company's CEO, Tyler Stone. But oblivious to Stone actually being the mastermind behind Rapture, he instead became a target. Kidnapped from his home and taken to Alchemax's facilities, Stone sent his top scientists to operate on an unconcious Miguel, telling them he had volunteered himself for experimentation. The result was a gene-splicer of animal DNA, giving Miguel a series of superhuman side-effects. Brought to conciousness, Miguel fought off his attackers and escaped. He would soon realize his predicament by finding himself thirty stories in the air after a jump to freedom.

Confiding to Gwen, Miguel expressed a desire to submit himself to the supposed 'mutant cure' in order to bring back his humanity. But Gwen, fearing he would be hunted again if he made himself known so early, decided that in order to keep him from panicking, she would give Miguel a series of journals that belonged her grandfather: Peter Parker, who had secretly been The Amazing Spider-Man. Reading them over soon inspired Miguel to fight back and keep his powers, returning to Alchemax the next day with Tyler Stone more than aware of his survival. Deciding to use his powers to protect others from Alchemax's terrany, Miguel was granted permission to use Gwen's family legacy as his own as the new Spider-Man.

Supporting Cast: Gwen Parker (fiancee/confidant); Jack & Marie Jameson (future in-laws); Gabriel O'Hara (estranged brother); Dana D'Angelo (ex-girlfriend); Tyler Stone (employer); Any more potential Spidey-connections that I can dream up

How Often Do You Intend to Post in This RPG Each Week: Hopefully at least once or twice, if I'm not interacting

You've got to be shocking me

It's the only thought that crosses his mind as Spider-Man narrowly evades a crippling explosion. Sent across the brick and molder of a nearby building, the webslinger taps his palms in desperation and watches as the webline shoots out a moment too late. Eyes widened, he only curses himself further as he falls off of the wall, hurtling towards the streets below. Notgoodnotgoodnotgood!, He screams out to himself internally, nearly being sidewinded by a flight car passing him.

"Watch where you're going, moron!"

Spider-Man sneers, under his mask. "Superpowered smackdown over here, lady!"

Realizing he spoke too soon, Miguel feels the tingle bouncing off of the back of his neck already. Above him, another scream of hatred bows out as the cyborg bounty hunter, Venture, smashes through a window, guns blazing.

"Yer' mine, boy! Mine!"

Plummeting even further towards the concrete, Spider-Man spins, shooting out two weblines to catch himself on either side of each building surrounding him. Time seems to slow down, as Venture leaps at him, intent on the kill stroke before he can even land. Miguel silently whispers to himself the only helpful advice he can manage under his stressful circumstances.

"WWPPD?"

What Would Peter Parker Do.

Pulling on one line and easing on the other, Spider-Man arches his leg up for a dramatic, yet useful roundhouse kick. Venture smashes right into it at just the right time, knocked back but furious. It barely makes a scratch on the cyborg's face. Spider-Man reminds himself to smack himself when this is over.

"I'm 'your's? Didn't know you felt that strongly about our relationship, Venny...", The wallcrawler snaps back, but far more vicious in tone than Peter Parker's Spider-Man ever was. "Come on, then! Take me!"

Leaping at him, Spider-Man lashes out with all that he has, hoping that it's just enough.

And knowing that it probably isn't.

Why was I not informed of such beauty?

I'll be applying once I've ironed out who I want and in what way I'll be incoporating them.

Double Post.

Cos I'm that ****ing excited.

Character You Would Like to Play: James Howlett/Logan/Wolverine

Character's Speech Style and Color (actually say what the **** it is, *******s): Bold Orange Georgia

Faction They Belong To (i.e. members of a corp, church or cult, underground meta group, etc): None.

Appearance/Costume (Briefly describe or post a picture of what your character's costume looks like): His shoulder-length hair has begun to gray. He has grown a full beard and 'stache. Typically, he's wearing flannel and jeans, but when he really wants to dress up, he'll put on that old leather jacket of his (the one from the first X-Men movie, only much more faded).

Powers and Abilities: Healing factor; enhanced senses; superhuman strength; superhuman reflexes; adamantium-coated skeleton with three retractable claws in each forearm.

Brief Origin/History of Your Character and Their Personality: Logan's been around the block a few times at this point. While his healing factor has kept him alive far longer than any normal human being, the years are beginning to take their toll. Logan's healing factor works much slower, and serious wounds have even begun to leave scars. His senses are not quite as acute as before, and he finds that he's slower than he used to be. His body is breaking down from decades of stress.

Following Charles Xavier's death, Logan decided to leave the world of the big corporations behind and return to his home, Canada. There, in the Canadian wilderness - far from the reach of the corporations - he has set up a little cabin with all of life's necessities. He lives a quiet existence now, hunting for food and sport. The nearest locals - who are still a lengthy hike away - tend to steer clear of Logan now.

Supporting Cast: Initially? Just his dog, Scotty. Logan has learned to live a life of solitude.

How Often Do You Intend to Post in This RPG Each Week: As many as I need, bub.

I bend low and examine the snapped twigs. For a second, I glance at the scars between each of my knuckles. They've gotten wider and deeper over the years. I try not to think about it. I bring the twig to my nose and take a deep breath. The scent is fading. He wasn't here long ago, but I just can't track prey like I used to. I drop the twig and stand up slowly. Can't afford to make any noise or sudden movements.

Something tears across the forest. The hunt is on. I run as quickly as my aging knees will allow me. A flash of brown and black darts behind some trees. I leap over a log in pursuit. I'm not going to lose him. Not again. I listen closely to the sound of my breathing, trying to keep an even pace. I can't keep this up all day.

Suddenly, he stops. I do, too. I duck behind and tree and pray he didn't see me. After almost a minute of silence, I peek around the tree. The young buck, my prey, has stopped to graze on some underbrush. Now is my best chance to strike. I edge myself slowly around the tree, taking care not to step on a twig or some dry leaves.

SNIKT!

The young buck jolts off. I curse under my breath. I consider pursuing him further, but my labored breathing votes against it. I let my arms hang as the blood drips down my claws. I lean up against the tree as I slide to the ground. I used to be able to boast that I was the best at what I did. Not anymore.

"I've gotten old," I remind myself. I look at my bloody claws disappointedly. "Too old."

Ryan Slade Cassidy aka Deadpool 2099

Character Alignment (Hero, Villain, or Walking the Line):
Walking the Line

Character's Speech Style and Color (actually say what the **** it is, *******s):
Century Dark Red

Faction They Belong To (i.e. members of a corp, church or cult, underground meta group, etc):
At the moment: Agency X

Appearance/Costume (Briefly describe or post a picture of what your character's costume looks like):
Ryan uses his father's old costume as a basis, making it more padded and armour-based, think TDK's Batsuit but with a DP Flavour. Cassidy's hair is a vibrant red like his mother's.

Powers and Abilities:
Ryan unexpectedly inherited his father's healing factor during puberty, the 'sonic scream' present in many Cassidy family members is curiously absent.

Born to Wade Wilson and Thereasa 'Siryn' Cassidy after they attempted to rekindle their relationship, Ryan was the product of a broken home. Thereasa, once again realizing that Wade's behaviour and sanity was not an easy thing to live with denied him a chance at a proper relationship. Heartbroken, Wilson left, leaving Thereasa pregnant. He did however have a say in naming the child.

Ryan grew up in his mother's native Northern Ireland and was an intelligent, if somewhat rebellious child with a venomous sense of humour and a penchant for getting into trouble. When the time came, Ryan inlisted in the British Army. Stationed oversea's for most of his late teens, Ryan became homesick, missing his mother greatly. One day whilst on leave in America, Ryan recieved news that his mother, Siryn, was dead. Not only that but it appeared as though it was the work of none other than his Father, Wade Wilson.

Ryan immediately left the army and vowed to avenge his mother. He tracked Deadpool down, gaining the information from Weasel, paralysing him in the process. When he finally confronted his Father he was shocked to find him crying. Wade told his son that his mother was just a job and he had no idea who the target was until it was too late. Wilson, for once in his life, was truly serious as he asked his own son to kill him claiming he no longer wished to live. Removing his mask and handing his estranged Son a katana he laughed through the tears. He let Ryan in on a small fact that he felt that he needed to pass on.

Ryan was just a character in a comic book.

Those were Wade Wilson's last words. To Ryan, he felt as though he had been cheated out of his revenge, Wilson wanted to die, there was no joy in granting his wish. This ontop of the mind bending realization that he was in fact just a fictional character, caused Ryan to snap somewhat inside, donning the mask he took up the name Deadpool and for a short time became a hired mercenary, hoping that along the way he'd find out why his mother was killed and who had ordered the hit.

A decade past and Ryan was no closer to his vengence, the steady fall of activity in the meta-human comunity drove Ryan out of the business. By either fate or cosmic coincidence Ryan was found by a man named Alex Hayden, also known as Agent X, head of Agency X, a group of mercenaries that are hired by the big corporations for the more distateful jobs. There he found a steady job and a make-shift family.

Supporting Cast:
Agent X/Alex Hayden, Apollo and Laurie Brandenberg, Grandson and Granddaughter of Sandi Brandenberg and Weasel.

How Often Do You Intend to Post in This RPG Each Week:
As many as I can

"Thanks A."
Ryan Cassidy spits through mouthfuls of Pizza as the young man, Apollo, hands him the video game controller. "Ready to get schooled mate?" He says jovially as the television flickers to life, it was one of those old-style games that you had to operate with a remote. Upon finding the relic on a mission in the slums, Ryan remembered, Alex had actually squeeled like a girl and informed the rest of them that he 'Loved this old ****.' It was this kind of attitude that made the team's lives bearable. They lived together, the four of them in a modest apartment bought with their earnings from various Corporations and PMCs.

"Ha, yeah right man, you know I'm a God at these old school games."
Chirped up Apollo, the 'techy' of the group, he outfitted the group with all its technology and weaponry.

"Boy, I was playing these things before you were sucking on your ma's tit."
Ryan laughed as he fiddled with the black controller he had been handed.

"Hey Apollo, if you were as good at shooting people in real life we'd be living in a bigger apartment."
Chimed Laurie, entering the living quaters as the two men bickered.

"I don't recall anyone asking you Sis."
Spat her brother, the twins were the younger members of the group, only joining upon the ressurection of Agency X five years ago but already they'd become the heart and soul of the group. Laurie worked as their communications expert and their link to the Corporation's job network.

"That's because you know if you did I'd say that Ryan had the moves."
The young woman said with a wink in Cassidy's direction. Ryan chuckled for a moment before doing a small dance with his arms.

"Yeah well if he ever shows you any of those moves I'm going to kill you, both of you."
Apollo said, his eye's narrowing in Ryan's direction, stopping the impromptu dance in its tracks. Cassidy threw his hands up in a mock form of surrender.

"Someone's a little over protective."
Called Alex Hayden as he sat in the office next door, sat at a desk. In his glory years Alex Hayden was a top-price Mercenary before he was subjected to a HYDRA weapon that caused him to put on mass amounts of weight. It had taken him most of his time to get back down to his original size. "But I can't have two of my guys murder each other over whether you get to bone his sister or not."

"Relax Hayden."
Shouted Deadpool, "I wouldn't dream of it." He added before returning the wink to Laurie. "Well... I might dream of it."

Character You Would Like to Play: Oliver Raven / Gambit

Character Alignment (Hero, Villain, or Walking the Line): Walking the Line

Character's Speech Style and Color (actually say what the **** it is, *******s): Georgia Dark Red

Faction They Belong To (i.e. members of a corp, church or cult, underground meta group, etc): none. He's a wanderer.

Like this:

Gambit_sketch_2b.jpg

Sometimes also wears his daddys old battered leather duster jacket.

Powers and Abilities: He can manipulate and transfer kinetic energy into inanimate objects causing them to become lethal explosives. The size of the explosion is in direct correlation to the size of the 'charged' object.

He can also drain energy from both people and inanimate power sources by simply touching them. Unlike his mother though, he can control this ability.

Brief Origin/History of Your Character and Their Personality: Oliver Raven is the son of Remy LeBeau and a de-powered Rogue. His mother and father grew apart. His mother becoming sick not long after giving birth to him. His father, Remy LeBeau, the original 'Gambit' took care of his son, teaching him how to use his powers and teaching him the ways of the Thieves Guild, the X-men and of mutantkind in general.

Remy grew old, his power seeming to burn down with him, whilst Oliver grew stronger with every passing year. Eventually, cancer took Remy and in the end, at Remys request, Oliver took his fathers power, his memories and with it all, his life. An act of love for his father and his mentor.

Nowadays, Oliver is a man without a home, without a purpose. He took his fathers old battered duster jacket, his motorcycle and his teachings. He took to the road and became a drifter. Moving from town to town, forging a living where he could but never staying in one place long enough to lay his roots.

In his 40's, disillusioned with the new age that has encapsulated the world and standing defiantly against everything the all-powerful corporations stood for. Oliver isn't looking for a purpose, he isn't looking for anything. For him, life is just a journey to death, the road he must take before reuniting with the one person who mattered in his life, his father, the incomparable Remy LeBeau.

Supporting Cast:

Bekka LeBeau - Sister
Laura Kinney (X-23) - Sometimes Girlfriend / Sometimes Partner-In-Crime

How Often Do You Intend to Post in This RPG Each Week: As many as needed

The growl of the engine rumbled heavy as the bike pulled up into the dirt packed parking lot. The parking lot was empty other than a few cars and the creeping shadows of night.

Oliver Raven sat atop his ride and waited patiently. The package was held securely in his hand and he found himself stroking it. He knew Laura was in town and it was time that he called in to see her. She'd be on his case no doubt, what with him promising to be back in a week and disappearing for three months. She'd pop her claws of course and they'd play rough but Oli knew she'd be pleased to see him.

The shadows in the corner of his eye danced and shifted. Oli instinctively reached for the traditional pack of playing cards at his belt. They were a homage to his father, notorious X-Man, Remy LeBeau. Oliver watched closely as a dark shape emerged and approached him. The figure was cloaked and hooded, completely concealing the identity of the client. Oliver preferred not to know who they were anyway, the less complications there were, the better.

"Do you have it Raven?"
the dark figure hissed.

Oliver flicked the package up into his hand and held it up. "Depends on whether or not you have the credits, friend" he growled.

The figure flicked a small card towards the mutant and watched as he caught it deftly and inspected it. "To your liking?" the figure asked.

"Yeah, I guess it is."

Oliver flicked the package to the figure and popped the chip into his jacket. He reached for the key and was about to relight the engine when the figure stepped closer.

"One more thing, Raven..." The sibilant hiss sounded more excited, more anxious. Oliver felt the hairs on the back of his neck stand on end. "My boss says you owe him money..." A bolt of dark energy hit Oliver square in the chest, sending him flying backwards into the dirt. He landed hard, the wind driven from his lungs. As he struggled to rise the dark figure loomed closer. "...And it's time to pay the price".

Oliver rolled backwards, creating more distance between him and his shadowy attacker. As he rolled to his feet, a fan of red glowing cards appeared in each hand. Oliver smirked a cold smile from under a furrowed brow. "You want to dance, friend? then let's dance!"

Last edited:
I think this game is going to give me a perma-toner.

Cheers Cats. I like that you like.

Johnathan Madrox

Character's Speech Style and Color (actually say what the **** it is, *******s): ****ing Century Gothic Black bold mother****er.

Faction They Belong To (i.e. members of a corp, church or cult, underground meta group, etc): Mutant Underground

Appearance/Costume (Briefly describe or post a picture of what your character's costume looks like): Johnathan wears the combination of warm rags that's usual in the undercity, as well as his grandfather's overcoat.

Powers and Abilities: Duplication, a sixth sense for danger inherited from his grandmother.

Brief Origin/History of Your Character and Their Personality: Born to the daughter of Jamie and Layla Madrox and a father who was gone before he was born, Johnathan has spent his entire life in the poverty of the undercity. When he was old enough, he joined the Mutant Underground, ferrying newly discovered mutants out of the sight of those who would do them harm.

Supporting Cast: Sarah Rasputin, Johnathan's contact within the mutant community.

How Often Do You Intend to Post in This RPG Each Week: As many as I need to.

It was a long journey to Muir Island but the huddled mutants in the back of the lorry weren't complaining. They were happy to be out of the habs they'd been wasting their lives away in, and to be away from the anti-mutant groups. Of course, with less mutants around these days, the groups weren't as common as they had been in the turn of the century, but try telling that to the mutant in the neckbrace.

He rolled down his window and flashed his ID at the man guarding the gate who waved him through wordlessly. John nodded his appreciation and drove through to the pharmaceutical centre car park where a figure was standing in the rain. John parked the lorry and opened up the back doors to let the mutant refugees out into the lot.

"You know, it'd be a lot easier to do this if you actually picked a meeting spot that didn't take me three days to reach," Johnathan announced to the figure.

"Like you don't enjoy it," Sarah said, smirking.

"What can I say, makes a change. So you've got that jet of yours parked somewhere?" he asked, grinning.

"You know I can't tell you that John. I'll see you next time," Sarah said turning to leave. John hesitated as she herded the mutants away from the open space towards the edge of the island, but made to follow her. When she saw him coming she stopped and frowned at him.

"You know the deal, John, you can't come with," Sarah said, a hint of something John couldn't quite catch in her voice.

"That woman you guys worship," he began earnestly.

"How do you-? We don't worship anyone!" Sarah protested.

"You know what I mean. Hope Summers. You guys think she's going to bring about some great revolution, but you don't know her game plan," he said quietly. Sarah scowled and pulled her arm away.

"Who the bad place are you to tell me what to believe," she hissed, and then walked away towards where John was sure the plane was.

"I'm John Madrox," he whispered to himself "and I know stuff,"

Multiple Man, Gambit, and Deadpool aren't really major characters, so consider you three approved.

Ok, fine. You ****s aren't approved yet. You'll have to wait 24 hours first. :cmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"