Rise of Marvels: 2099 Edition OOC Thread

Using the third post I reserved as an info post for places, Corps, and various other stuff relevant to the game. If you have anything you'd like to add to it, post it here.
I just ask that you keep your description no bigger than a paragraph to help save space.

Cats. This isn't the first time that mouth of yours has gotten you into trouble...

Awwwwww, ****.

Rise of Marvels: 2099 Edition Character Application:

Character You Would Like to Play: Gabriel "The Punisher" Cage

Character Alignment (Hero, Villain, or Walking the Line): Villain

Character's Speech Style and Color (actually say what the **** it is, *******s): Bold, Verdana, black

Faction They Belong To (i.e. members of a corp, church or cult, underground meta group, etc): Heroes for Hire

Appearance/Costume (Briefly describe or post a picture of what your character's costume looks like): Like this, except with a black guy.

pwz.jpg

Powers and Abilities: Gabriel Cage is an extensively trained soldier. His knowledge and capabilities with a variety of firearms, hand-to-hand combat, explosives, stealth and tracking are nothing short of expert. Aside from being, for all intents and purposes, a trained killing machine, Gabriel is also the consummate leader.

Brief Origin/History of Your Character and Their Personality: Gabriel Cage was born to a single mother in Hell's Kitchen. A descendant of the world-famous superhero Luke Cage, Gabriel lived under the watchful eyes of the various Corps. However, when, by the age of 14, Gabriel showed no signs of inheriting his grandfather's powers, the Corps backed off, although checking up on him once in a while.

But what Gabriel did inherit from his ancestor was a hot head and a taste for conflict. Enlisting in the Stark Industries Guard Force, Gabriel showed skill and promise far beyond those of his teammates. As such, he quickly rose through the ranks until he was at the head of his very own team of operatives. For years they hunted down and silenced anyone who made themselves a 'problem'. Mutants, metahumans, cultists or civilian protesters. Cage's team became legend, and so did he; he soon became known as The Punisher.

After years of answering to others, Cage set out to establish his own practice. Dubbed "Heroes for Hire", Gabriel's company allowed the various Corps to hire him and his fellow mercenaries to do what they did best ; get rid of problems.

Supporting Cast:

The Various mercenaries working for Gabriel.
Cassandra Cage - Gabriel's wife
Lucas Cage - Gabriel's son

How Often Do You Intend to Post in This RPG Each Week: Many as time allows, probably no more than three times.

Sample Post (must be a minimum of 4 paragraphs with at least 2 lines of dialogue from your character):

There is a certain....stillness to everything, just before we make our entrance. Not to sound cliched, but the calm before the storm. The moment, right before the charge I slapped on the door handle goes off, where we all take that last breath.

We are all very aware of the fact that it may be our last ever. Some of them pray. Some of them kiss a good luck charm slung around their necks. Me? I think of Cassandra and baby Luke. A thought so pure none of these mutie scumbags can stain.

"3..."

Out of habit, I check to see if my rifle is loaded and the safety is off. I reach down and touch the butt of the handgun strapped to my thigh.

"2..."

I slowly get up, the weight of my gear making each step an effort.

"1..."

And then I go and make the world a better place.

"GO! GO! GO!"

Awwwwww, ****.

Rise of Marvels: 2099 Edition Character Application:

Character You Would Like to Play: Gabriel "The Punisher" Cage

Character Alignment (Hero, Villain, or Walking the Line): Villain

Character's Speech Style and Color (actually say what the **** it is, *******s): Bold, Verdana, black

Faction They Belong To (i.e. members of a corp, church or cult, underground meta group, etc): Heroes for Hire

Appearance/Costume (Briefly describe or post a picture of what your character's costume looks like): Like this, except with a black guy.

pwz.jpg

Powers and Abilities: Gabriel Cage is an extensively trained soldier. His knowledge and capabilities with a variety of firearms, hand-to-hand combat, explosives, stealth and tracking are nothing short of expert. Aside from being, for all intents and purposes, a trained killing machine, Gabriel is also the consummate leader.

Brief Origin/History of Your Character and Their Personality: Gabriel Cage was born to a single mother in Hell's Kitchen. A descendant of the world-famous superhero Luke Cage, Gabriel lived under the watchful eyes of the various Corps. However, when, by the age of 14, Gabriel showed no signs of inheriting his grandfather's powers, the Corps backed off, although checking up on him once in a while.

But what Gabriel did inherit from his ancestor was a hot head and a taste for conflict. Enlisting in the Stark Industries Guard Force, Gabriel showed skill and promise far beyond those of his teammates. As such, he quickly rose through the ranks until he was at the head of his very own team of operatives. For years they hunted down and silenced anyone who made themselves a 'problem'. Mutants, metahumans, cultists or civilian protesters. Cage's team became legend, and so did he; he soon became known as The Punisher.

After years of answering to others, Cage set out to establish his own practice. Dubbed "Heroes for Hire", Gabriel's company allowed the various Corps to hire him and his fellow mercenaries to do what they did best ; get rid of problems.

Supporting Cast:

The Various mercenaries working for Gabriel.
Cassandra Cage - Gabriel's wife
Lucas Cage - Gabriel's son

How Often Do You Intend to Post in This RPG Each Week: Many as time allows, probably no more than three times.

Sample Post (must be a minimum of 4 paragraphs with at least 2 lines of dialogue from your character):

There is a certain....stillness to everything, just before we make our entrance. Not to sound cliched, but the calm before the storm. The moment, right before the charge I slapped on the door handle goes off, where we all take that last breath.

We are all very aware of the fact that it may be our last ever. Some of them pray. Some of them kiss a good luck charm slung around their necks. Me? I think of Cassandra and baby Luke. A thought so pure none of these mutie scumbags can stain.

"3..."

Out of habit, I check to see if my rifle is loaded and the safety is off. I reach down and touch the butt of the handgun strapped to my thigh.

"2..."

I slowly get up, the weight of my gear making each step an effort.

"1..."

And then I go and make the world a better place.

"GO! GO! GO!"

:wow:

Approved!

Damn. Couldn't have denied the app and saved me having to following through?

Stupid idea for The Punisher 2099 that I liked :csad:

It's a great idea.

As possibly the biggest Punisher fan in the RPGs, I approve this take on him. I'm really excited to see where you go with it Sensei :up::D

Thanks, man. I had an idea for the Sentry that I almost went with, but I've always been a bit more partial to street-level characters.

Eh, I know there's still an hour to go. But it doesn't look like there's any competing apps.
So, Byrd, you're approved as Daredevil.

Now somebody ****ing approve me as Tyler Stone. :cmad: :csad:

Ah, I feel better now. Almost like I just dropped a deuce. :yay:

I might consider a second character. As to who and if I'll do it, I have no idea.

Just for all of your information, I've edited my app slightly. Hope you all enjoy.

Right on. So he'll eventually be the 2099 version of Cap. :up:

Wow, no one's contending me for Spidey? Really? I'm almost disappointed. Figured I'd be in for the fight of the century. :oldrazz:

Eh, it's still got a couple hours to go, but if somebody was going to put up a competing app, they'd have done so by now. So, I'll approve MB as Spider-Man and Eddie as Wolverine.

Now I need me some approval for Thor, and we're good.

I might consider a second character. As to who and if I'll do it, I have no idea.

We could always use more villains. Or there's still some major characters that are available, such as Hulk, Dr. Doom, Iron Man, Red Skull, the entire Fantastic Four, and Magneto.

We could always use more villains. Or there's still some major characters that are available, such as Hulk, Dr. Doom, Iron Man, Red Skull, the entire Fantastic Four, and Magneto.

Trying to think of a decent way to incoporate a villain but I'm coming up blank at the moment. I will find someone :cmad:

Thought about Kingpin but nah, too much like hard work :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"