Rise of Marvels: 2099 Edition OOC Thread

its taking awhile to come up with supporting class combined with classes and stuff, ill ge tiut up eventually

FYI, I'm not ready with Thor or Stone to jump into any major arc yet. I still need to set them up at least a bit first. So I'm currently RPing them before New York descended into chaos.
Once I get them settled, which hopefully won't take too long, I'll jump right in to what's happening in New York. :up:

can we make smaller coprs? like infant corps that arent as big as alchemex or universal?

I can hardly wait! I tried to leave plenty of threads for people to pick up. Like the hospital that both villains and heroes considered sacred, conceivably allowing team-ups from any faction.

Last edited:
I have a sneaking feeling that my last minute return to RPing isn't going to revitalize this RPG.

I have arc ideas too, but I can't do much without other X-characters. Unless I just want to write a fanfic, which I don't.

Yeah, of course you can make smaller Corps.
when your version of a character is for hire, muliple corps help

we write this from first person? im sorry if thats regular rule, this is my first rpg, i can become a character, i just need to know i have too

OK heres Eddie, well no not really but u get were I'm going with this

Rise of Marvels: 2099 Edition Character Application:

Character You Would Like to Play: Venom

Character Alignment (Hero, Villain, or Walking the Line): Walks the line

Character's Speech Style and Color (actually say what the **** it is, *******s): verdana, deep blue, bold for venom

Faction They Belong To (i.e. members of a corp, church or cult, underground meta group, etc; if they aren't part of a group, just put "none"): none

Appearance/Costume (Briefly describe or post a picture of what your character's costume looks like):
Venom_2099__shh_rpg_by_sabetoonth.jpg

Powers and Abilities: Venoms powers mimic the heroic ages venom to a “T” save that the degree of discipline Dustan has, gives him the most control over the “suit” ever seen.

Brief Origin/History of Your Character and Their Personality: Dustan Brock is a former security officer for alchemex, he rose quickly through the ranks reaching had of security before he finished a ten year run with the corp. then he found it. The symbiote suit, pressurized into a capsule the size of a hoggie bun. Ever curious of the corp, Dustan opened the capsule only to find nothing but the hard shell of an unknown creature.he look the capsule and its contents home with him, he washed out the capsule and added the one thing the symbiote had lacked for a good 50 to 80 years, water. The symbiote came alive and possessed the startled security officer. When Dustan awoke the next morning he was sprawled across the alleyway. He did some research with his new “costume”. He discovered the heroic ages venom disappeared about 50 years ago, after the Dark Reign. The closer Brock got to the more recent history of the thing, the more he realized that the original venom symbiote and the suit he was wearing were not only the same, but supposedly dead.with the new found powers he had obtained Brock set out to make a fortune, or die trying. He quit his job as HoS at Alchemex and put his services up for bid, though underneath all the slime and ooze he still has a sense of justice, and the symbiotes twisted sense of it has clouded his mind only vaguely Dustan still makes the choices he must make considering his “suit” his partner.
Supporting Cast:
Michael Rowe:a striking, eccentric computer programmer who lost meaning in life but after meeting Dustan, he decided to handle the most technically of situations, fake ids, getting close to the target for a kill that leaves no evidence, and the financial transactions becoming invisible. Friends, like Dustan, if you think about their relationship that way, call him mike.
Jake Rollins: a shady business dealer for Alchemex, hes looking for someone and he hires Brock for the job.
Kelsey Saunders: Brock's girlfriend and a caring yet wild woman who enjoys herself when she can. She doesn't’t know how her unemployed boyfriend makes the money he does, but she just writes it of as a damn good pension from Alchemex, for now.
How Often Do You Intend to Post in This RPG Each Week: as much as I can

Sample Post (must be a minimum of 4 paragraphs with at least 2 lines of dialogue from your character):
The city lights cast up a glow from the streets and windows, Venom moved cautiously through the shadows. He had his target, some eco terrorist guy everyone wanted dead. Everyone including his current employer, so the job would be in and out. No real suspects with anymore proof against them than the others.
Venom found a dark alley way, he dropped down into a puddle, splashing his reflection. A man dressed in a trench coat and a baseball cap stepped down into the alley and headed for a door at the other end. Venom hid himself on a wall by flipping up and sticking to it. It was hard to be sure through sight, but Venom knew he had the target in his eyes by his smell. It reminded him of pinesol, nasty stuff his grandmother use to use.
“Damned hippy” Venom slithered down the wall, the target stopped for a moment, he looked behind himself. Nothing, typical, no one follows a guy in a baseball cap. Not any more. Venom clung to the wall, he stealthily approached his pray. Then, just before he reached the doorknob, Venom leaped from his hiding place in the darkness. He collided with his pray with such force, he instantly broke several vertebrae in the target’s spine. He lay there struggling, in immense pain. Venom looked down on him, “target..” Venom said as he picked up the young smalltime ecoterrorist, “terminated.” Venom broke the man’s neck, discarding th remains like a candy wrapper.
[ELECTRONICS NUCLEAR BUILDING]
“Jobs done. Pay me.”Dunstan strode up to the desk in dark gray and black clothing. “wait over there,” the secretary pointed to a group of chairs in the room. Venom stares at it annoyed and unamused, “listen dammit, I did the job you hired me to do, and I want to get payed so I can move onto the next one, pay me now!” the fury in Dustan’s eyes frightened the receptionist, she pressed a button on her desk and a green light appeared over the door into the “boss’ office”. “Thank you” Dustan put on a smile and a happy face and strutted into the office.

Last edited:
You're approved.
But, if I may make a few suggestions, try spacing out your paragraphs a bit as it would make it easier to read. And, I know you said you type fast, but the basic spell check that the Hype uses would clear a lot of the typos and punctuation up if you took the time to go back over a post before putting it up. :up:

ok, how do you use the hypes spellcheck? ok space out paragraphs gotcha

ok, how do you use the hypes spellcheck? ok space out paragraphs gotcha

It does it automatically, with the words that need possible correction underlined in red. Just right click on them to bring up a list of possible corrections. It's not the greatest, but it works.

huh, ive never have had my words underlined in red, even when i typo reallly badof course maybe i have to click the check next to the abc

I think it might only work with Firefox, in case you're using Internet Explorer.

i needed to download iespellcheck which is done, had a Friend read it, and my app for errors, then i ran through the spell check, heah Gallagher, you still playing deadpool? wanna try a crossover perhaps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"