Rise of Marvels: 2099 Edition OOC Thread

I'll have a post up Wednesday night, everyone.

Then we can get rolling, SF.

Roster updated...removed Doom and Nick Fury, and added Apocalypse.

Great post, Ferret. Awesome way for "Mr. America" to unveil himself to the world. :up:

Craig should still be in a bunker deep below where the old Avenger's mansion was.

Rise of Marvels: 2099 Edition Character Application:

Character You Would Like to Play: The Mandarin 2099, AKA "Khan"

Character Alignment (Hero, Villain, or Walking the Line): villain

Character's Speech Style and Color (actually say what the **** it is, *******s): Bolded century gothic

Faction They Belong To (i.e. members of a corp, church or cult, underground meta group, etc; if they aren't part of a group, just put "none"): The Horde

Appearance/Costume (Briefly describe or post a picture of what your character's costume looks like): Six-foot-five inches tall. Muscular. Long black hair in dreadlocks. A uni brow. Asian eyes. Strong cheekbones and jaw. A mustache and a small, pointed beard. He wears a black leather coat, black leather pants, and back combat boots. Usually goes around bare-chested, but occasionally wears a chain-mail shirt. He wears fingerless black leather gloves with a patch of chain-mail on the upper side of the hand. And of course, the dragon rings: ten gold rings, each with a different colored jewel.

Powers and Abilities: The Mandarin has the ability to channel Chi, the mystical force of his ferocious spirit, into superhuman strength, superhuman speed, and enhanced durability.

In this Chi amped state, his strength becomes roughly equivalent to Heroic Age Wonderman, his speed becomes roughly equivalent to Heroic Age Spider-Man, and his durability vs blunt attacks(like punches) and energy attacks roughly on a par with Heroic Age Thing.

His durability vs bullets and knifes is much lower than his durability vs blunt and energy attacks. Ordinary bullets and knifes will usually pierce his skin but not penetrate deeply enough to cause him real harm.

If he is given several seconds of uninterrupted total concentration, the Mandarin can heal himself of severe wounds by channeling his Chi. He can also heal others this way, but doing so requires several minutes of uninterrupted total concentration.

The Mandarin can go years without food and water by living on his stored Chi energies. Doing so requires him to meditate continuously without movement for the entire time, however.

The Mandarin possesses a weak danger sense. This danger sense is nowhere near as good as Heroic Age Spider-Man's, but is usually adequate to warn him of things like snipers.

The Mandarin possesses an immense tolerance for pain, especially when enraged.

The Mandarin possesses the ability to invest a small amount of his Chi into parts of his body such as fingernail clippings, skin, hair, even feces. If normal people ingest this Chi infested tissue, they gain enhanced strength, speed, and pain-tolerance. However, ingesting this is highly addictive and causes an increase in rage and lust. Those addicted to the Mandarin's Chi frequently commit murder, rape, and even cannibalism. Even those few addicts with the willpower to resist committing criminal acts find their social lives destroyed by small acts of rage and lust.

The Mandarin has been trained from birth as a martial artist. However, his psychotic temper often causes him to fight much sloppier than his training would suggest, especially in long fights or against enemies who mock him.

The Mandarin has been extensively trained in science and eastern mysticism. He specializes at blending the two to rot society and collapse civilization.

The Mandarin's primary personal weapons are ten rings stolen from ancient dragons. Each rings possesses a different power. The rings powers are as follows: illusions, tornadoes, lightning, fire, frost, gravity, darkness, disintegration, concussive blasts, and transmutation.

Personality: At his core The Mandarin 2099/Khan is a barbaric savage, who worships strength and ferocity. His hatred of civilization is blinding. However, he gains a perverse pleasure in turning the tools of civilization, such as technology, against civilization. Killing civilization with its own rot, is how he views this.

Origin

The Mandarin 2099 is the grandson of the Heroic Age Mandarin. He was named Tem Borjigin Khan after his ancestor, Genghis Khan.

Khan was raised to believe that the strong should thrive, the weak should perish, and that civilization was a disease preventing this natural order from occurring. The Mandarin believed that one should be forever striving towards perfection of mind and body. The natural state of man is to be forever pushed by the savagery of the wild towards self-improvement, towards perfection.

Civilization coddles the weak and allows them to breed like rats, like roaches. The result is a world ever more decrepit, ever more corrupt, ever more decadent.

If ever Khan doubted his grandfather's teachings when growing up, his first taste of the outside world erased that doubt. Khan grew up in his grandfather's mountain retreat. There he was constantly trained in martial arts, mysticism, and science. When not training, he hunted and climbed the harsher parts of the mountain. He was used to breathing clean air, and seeing nothing but healthy men and healthy animals, for the harshness of the mountains killed all the unfit.

Once his education was complete and he ventured out into the world, he saw nothing but disease and pollution and decadence.

Khan was appalled, and vowed to cleanse the world of civilization. His first move was to find like-minded men, men who wanted to cleanse the world with chaos and anarchy just as he did. He named his followers the Horde, after the Golden Horde, the army of Genghis Khan and his heirs.

His second move was to find a way to fund his army. Khan discovered a way to invest his Chi into small parts of himself, such as specs of skin and hair. People ingesting this gained a small fraction of his Chi powers, as well as a feeling of invincibility. Khan disguised the source by mixing the tiny specs of himself with blue sugar pills.

The drug quickly grew to be called Berzerker Blues on the street. The drug gives him outrageous amounts of money all for the easy price of cutting his hair, clipping his fingernails, mastering, even taking a dump.

It brings a smile to Khan's face to think that civilizations own rot and decadence is funding the force that will wipe civilization from the earth.

Khan divides his time between drug-dealing, blowing up what he considers embodiments of civilization, and using his prostitution ring as a source of political information and blackmail.

Note: Khan never actually calls himself the Mandarin. It is enemies who call him Mandarin, Mandarin Junior, and Mandy. He only ever calls himself Khan.

Supporting Cast: The Horde, a loose affiliation of anarchist terrorists, gangsters, and pimps.

How Often Do You Intend to Post in This RPG Each Week:
Every day.

Sample Post (must be a minimum of 4 paragraphs with at least 2 lines of dialogue from your character):

"Such a lovely child," Khan said as he patted the head of the pig-tailed blond little girl.

"Please don't hurt her!" said the sweating, balding little man on the viewscreen.

"Will the guards be away from their posts at the chemical plant tomorrow night at midnight?" asked Khan in his deep, smooth, rumbling voice.

"I can't do that!" replied the little balding man, "there's no way for me to hide who sent the guards that order! They'll know I was in on it within hours of you hitting the place! They'll kill me!"

"I'm growing bored with this conversation. Plus, it's eating into my lunch-break" said Khan, a smile twitching at the edge of his face. "Whatever shall I do about that?"

One of Khan's rings began to glow. The little girl screamed as her body warped and mutated and shrank, transforming in seconds into a delicious bowl of mandarin duck.

The little balding man on the view-screen clutched what was left of his hair in his hands, "you murdered her! You monster!" he screamed.

"Not yet!" proclaimed Khan gleefully, "what my Matter-Rearranger ring has done can be undone just as easily. Assuming, of course, that there is enough left of her to restore."

Khan plucked a small piece of mandarin duck out of the bowl with chopsticks, "I wonder which part of her this was?" said Khan, "her finger? Her toe? Her eye?" he closed his eyes and popped the piece of mandarin duck into his mouth, chewing it slowly, savoring the exquisite flavor.

"For godssake, stop! Stop!" screamed the little balding man, "I'll do it! I'll give all the guards the night off!"

"Excellent!" said Khan, "I'm so pleased that we could come to an understanding."

Last edited:
Chi infested **** and plumb? How can anyone say 'no' to that?
Approved, and it's good to have another villain in the game. Especially a major one that could pose a threat to the Avengers when they form. :up:

Character You Would Like to Play: Herbert Franklin "Herbie" Richards; Codename: "Mr. Fantastic" (Although for the roster you can just put him down as "Herbie Richards")

Character Alignment (Hero, Villain, or Walking the Line): Hero

Character's Speech Style and Color (actually say what the **** it is, *******s): Sky Blue Trebuchet MS

Faction They Belong To (i.e. members of a corp, church or cult, underground meta group, etc; if they aren't part of a group, just put "none"): Fantastic Corporation/The "Fantastic Four"

Appearance/Costume (Briefly describe or post a picture of what your character's costume looks like): Herbie has blonde hair and blue eyes like his father Franklin Richards, grandmother Susan Storm-Richards and great uncle Johnny Storm. He typically wears business clothing such as suits and ties, most of them blue, navy and white.

The "Fantastic Four" however have uniforms akin to their descendants', except they're colored blue and navy and sport the famous "4" logo. The only one that's different is the Black Panther's, which is a more dark navy and has gold accents, and has a mask.

Powers and Abilities: Herbie is an omega level mutant, although he rarely uses his powers so the nature and extant of them are unknown. His more frequently used power is his super-intellect he uses for running his operations, a trait inherited by his grandfather, Reed.

Brief Origin/History of Your Character and Their Personality: Herbie is the son of Franklin Richards, and during the Great Cataclysm, he was left an orphan. His father was killed during the fall of heroes, and Herbie had no idea why he died.

However, before he passed, Franklin left his son, whom he affectionately named Herbie after his childhood friend, babysitter and playmate H.E.R.B.I.E. the Robot, a vast amount of wealth.

Herbie used this wealth to create his own Corporation during their uprising, the Fantastic Corporation. A Corporation who's main building is a completely renovated Baxter Building. A Corporation that makes technological advances in science, healthcare and technology.

For most of his life, Herbie ran his company until it made it's way to the top, until he found out just exactly how his father died. It was then that Herbie realized just exactly what it was he was meant to do with the money his father left him: save the world from the Corporations that were taking it over...

From that point on, the Fantastic Corp. merely became a cover for something bigger.

Herbie, to honor his grandparents Reed and Sue, great uncles Johnny and Ben, and father Franklin, gathered a team of four heroes to be his new "Fantastic Four". Basing them in one of his warehouses, his most advanced technology was moved there under the radar. From there, he acts as their "Mr. Fantastic" where he feeds them information and guides them throughout their missions, in hopes of creating a better world, dismantling one Corporation at a time.

Supporting Cast: Herbie's supporting cast is his "Fantastic Four" comprised of descendants of four of the most famous heroes from the Age of Heroes who have taken on their mantles.

-Robert "Bobby" Reynolds III (Codename: "Sentry"): Grandson of Bob Reynolds, the Sentry. Powers: Superstrength, speed, senses, durability and stamina. Can fly. Energy projection. Inheriting his father's and grandfathers powers, he vowed to use them for good when they died during the Cataclysm, taking on his grandfather's name, the Sentry. It is said though, that Bobby might have some of the mental conditions his ancestors did. This is something to watch out for, as he might lose it. The team's field leader.

-T'Challa II (Codename: "Black Panther"): Son of T'Challa, and current Black Panther. Powers: Enhanced Agility, strength, senses and vast technological resources and vibranium weapons. During the Cataclysm, the entire nation of Wakanda was destroyed during the Cataclysm, and their king with it. The only thing that survived was the great Panther Temple that T'Challa II found upon his return to the devastated and barren wasteland that was once his home. In there, he found where his father had kept the tools he used as the Black Panther before retiring to rule his nation, including the heart-shaped herb that gave him his powers. He is Sentry's second in command.

-Pietro "Pete" Maximoff-Boltagon (Codename: "Quicksilver"): Grandson of Pietro Maximoff/Quicksilver as well as Maximus Boltagon, Son of Luna Maximoff and Maximus Boltagon II. Powers: Superspeed, although due to his 1/2 Inhuman DNA, he's much faster than his grandfather. Empathic abilities to a smaller extent. When his mother Luna fell in love with the herioc son of the villain Maximus the mad, they wed and concieved a child, naming him after her father. They both died during the Cataclysm, and sent their son to Earth to be raised by a human family. Specifically, his great, great aunt Wanda, the retired Scarlet Witch.

-Marissa "Mimi" Gold-Baldwin (Codename: "Songbird"): Grandaughter of Melissa Gold and Robert Baldwin. Powers: Kinetic Forcefield projection and explosive energy blasts from grandfather, as well as Supersonic screams, sound projection and the ability to form "Solid-sound Constructs". Not much is known about Mimi's past or parents except her Grandparent's having fallen in love after their tenure's on Norman Osborn's Thunderbolts. Parents presumed dead post-Cataclysm.

How Often Do You Intend to Post in This RPG Each Week: As often as I can, cause JB said he'd kill me if I don't post at all.:yay:

Sample Post (must be a minimum of 4 paragraphs with at least 2 lines of dialogue from your character):

"Glad to see you all showed up. I was beginning to think you wouldn't..." Herbie announced as he smirked at the four heroes' arrivals to his abandoned warehouse, completely renovated to become his base of operations: the Baxter.

"Cut the crap, Richards. What is it you want with us?"

"Because, Miss Gold, we all share something in common. We all suffered at the hands of fate. We lost everyone and everything we cared about when we were young and the Corporations began their uprising. So I'm putting together a team..."

"A team?"

"Yes, Mr. Reynolds. A team that'll help save the world by helping to dismantle any and all the Corporations that plague it, one after another."

"What's in it for us?"

"Isn't it obvious, Mr. Maximoff? A free world? A chance to honor the ones we lost?"

"Vengeance..."

"If that's what it is you desire, T'Challa, then yes. Revenge. Whatever reason you have for joining, I don't care. The point is that we could do alot of good, and I could use people like you to help do that. Besides..."

Herbie paused, realising what he was gonna say next might throw them for a surprise.

"...Haven't all of you always wanted a family?"

They were shocked to say the least, something that put doubt in Herbie's mind.

"I'll let you all think about it..."

Herbie then turned and walked away, heading for the secret exit to the Baxter. But just as he started to walk, something drew his attention back...

"I'm in."

He turned to see that Bobby Reynolds had stepped forward, ready for action.

"Me too."

Pietro smirked as he too stepped forward, arms crossed.

"I'll do it." Mimi Gold-Baldwin also added, which only made Herbie all the more eager to shake all their hands.

"What about you, T'Challa? Care to take part?"

He didn't say a word. Rather, the quiet Prince of Wakanda only grunted before nodding, keeping his distance from the group as he did so.

"Great. I have a good feeling about all this."

"So, Richards... This team gotta name?"

"As a matter of fact... it does."

"Well don't keep us in suspense, Herb! What're we gonna call this little "family"?"

Herbie smiled as he looked at his team, thinking about all the bedtime stories his father told him as a kid.

"You guys ever heard of the Fantastic Four?"

FF2099.png

Last edited:
Mike, I appreciate the enthusiasm, and lord knows this RPG needed the shot in the arm. But, you need to slow it down a bit. You're moving way too fast compared to the rest of the game. Got to pace yourself, man.

Most of the games go at a relaxed pace. Sometimes you'll get quick bursts of posting, but it's usually like this. Of course this game, like a couple others, has been teetering on the edge.

Doesn't help that the people who are still involved aren't posting. Can't really force the issue though. And can't really move things forwards when everybody's sitting on their ash either. Just have to wait it out and hope people will get their **** together is all.

I should have a Spider-Man post up either tonight or tomorrow (most likely tomorrow or Sunday). The past two weeks have been utter bad place at school. I was actually kicked out of one of my Drama classes yesterday after not being able to stay awake because I've been forced to pull off too many all-nighters.

It seems that this game is pretty much dead. Oh well, it was a good concept while it lasted. :o:csad:

damn iw as jsut about to put up my app for venom
might as well do it nayay incase it takes off

Character You Would Like to Play: Frederick Xavier, A.K.A. Byron Alexander

Character Alignment (Hero, Villain, or Walking the Line): Hero

Character's Speech Style and Color (actually say what the **** it is, *******s): Bold dark blue Times New Roman

Faction They Belong To (i.e. members of a corp, church or cult, underground meta group, etc; if they aren't part of a group, just put "none"): The X-Men, "Alexander, Bester, and Winters, Attorneys at Law."

Appearance/Costume (Briefly describe or post a picture of what your character's costume looks like): 5'8'', caucasian male with brown eyes and light blond hair. Tends to dress in one piece black suits with mandarin collars.

Powers and Abilities: A high level telepath on par with his namesake in terms of both skill and raw power. He also possesses a keen mind when it comes to psychology and the law.

Personality: He is a gentle man. Quiet, studious, always thinking and often smiling. He loves people and his favorite thing is to listen while others talk. He doesn't talk much himself, simply because he chooses his words carefully. He mostly opens his mouth to ask questions about others. But, get him relaxed and comfortable enough and he'll be swapping stories and telling jokes like one of the boys. He absolutely hates violence.

Do not, however, think him soft. The mutants of this era are more oppressed than ever before. And while he wishes to save his people from the brink of extinction peacefully above all else, there is a very clear distinction between peacefully and ethically. He will use you in any way he sees fit to further the mutant cause, and is more than willing to manipulate people with the precision of a master chess player.

Origin:

The great-grandson of Charles Xavier and Moira McTaggart, Frederick was raised in secret in one of the many mutant colonies on the fringe of civilization. At a young age he displayed an aptitude for learning. Desiring more fore himself and his people than the life of a refugee, he and some friends left the colony in their teens to try and make their way in the world. Using his telepathic abilities to forge identities and con various innocent flatscans out of their money, he made his way to New York under the name of Byron Alexander and attended law school with several of his fellow rogue mutants, also under assumes aliases. After graduating, they formed the law firm of Alexander, Bester, and Winters, and slowly became one of the most powerful law firms in the city. Telepathic manipulation was not unused in speeding up the process. He sues the firm's high status and influence to secretly aid mutants around the world, while setting bigger plans in motion.

Supporting Cast: His 'X-Men," a loose affiliation of powerful people in New York who are secretly mutants. Many of them are senior partners at his law firm.

I plan to set aside and hour or so each week to post here, but ultimately I'll probably do more.

He listened and he smiled. Those were the two things he did more than anything else. His assistant, Mr. Maza, read him of facts and figures of the firm's financial situation and the status of the more important cases they were working.

He kept on smiling and took in every word.

"So, in terms of overall profits and number of successful cases and cases currently active, we're still pretty clearly the number one firm in the city," said Mr. Maza.

"And is there any way of looking at it in which we are not number one?" he asked.

"... yes. Unfortunately. The, ah, prestige of our clients, I suppose."

"And what is it exactly that we are lacking?"

"We don't have Tyler Stone as a client. That's it, basically."

"Well," he said. "We had better get on fixing that."

The two men laughed.

The car pulled up to an old factory that was owned by one of the firm's clients. Xavier and Maza entered the building. Inside, the ancient industrial equipment had been cleared away to make room for their newest project. A large silver dome stood from floor to ceiling. A door on the side of the dome opened, and out stepped a young man in goggles and a worker's jumpsuit. Xavier walked over to greet him.

"How is she, doctor?"

"Well," said the man in the goggles, "We're actually a little ahead of schedule. Grandpa Xavier kept some very thorough notes. This was basically easier than looking at an IKEA assembly manual."

"When will she be ready?"

"We've got to fine tune the interface and finish the software, but she should be ready for a test run in two or three days."

"Excellent," said Xavier.

He walked over to the dome, and placed his hand on it gently, as if he was handling a precious family heirloom.

"When she's finished, Cerebro will answer the prayers of every mutant on Earth."

Last edited:
Huh. I thought this had died. If it's still alive, though, I'll have something up tonight after class.

Character You Would Like to Play: Magneto

Character Alignment (Hero, Villain, or Walking the Line): Villain

Character's Speech Style and Color (actually say what the **** it is, *******s): Purple bold Arial

Faction They Belong To (i.e. members of a corp, church or cult, underground meta group, etc; if they aren't part of a group, just put "none"): The Brotherhood

Appearance/Costume (Briefly describe or post a picture of what your character's costume looks like): 6' caucasian male, white hair, blue eyes. He wears a purple trench coat and gloves at all times, and tends to wear red pants and either a red shirt or sweater underneath depending on the temperature.

Powers and Abilities: Magneto is able to generate electromagnetic fields as well as manipulate and channel pre-existing ones through his body. This makes him capable of a variety of effects, including scrambling computers and jamming telecommunication signals. He's also quite adept and manipulating ferrous metals. He is capable of manipulating non ferrous metals and non-metals, but with with significantly less skill and precision. He can generate electromagnetic fields around his body that can repel most objects, including the ground, and is capable of generating potentially lethal forms of electromagnetic radiation.

Personality: Angry and unbalanced. Due to hid family's history of genetic manipulation as well as his nature as a Mutant/Inhuman hybrid, he is clinically bipolar and suffers from a mild case of schizophrenia, which generally presents itself as flashes of light or tones with no source, or a visual warping effect. Due to his life living in poverty or on the run from a society that wishes to see mutant kind exterminated, he is bitter and spiteful. Violent, and often very crude and sarcastic, he has none the less inherited his namesake's intelligence and sense of class when it comes to the arts and literature, although he is much more inclined to down a cheap beer and smash the bottle over an enemy's head than the original Magneto ever was.

Origin:

Born and raised in one of the ghetto like mutant colonies outside of modern civilization, Marcus Donnely is the great-great-grandson of the infamous mutant revolutionary Magneto, by way his granddaughter Luna Maximoff. Growing up under these conditions was hard, and at the tender age of 23 he is the leader of a violent gang of vigilante mutants known as The Brotherhood. Currently, they protect the mutant population of the uncivilized areas in the northern midwest. But Magneto dreams of expanding, opening up new chapters of his Brotherhood across North America, and ultimately striking back against humanity.

Supporting Cast: The Brotherhood, currently a gang of about two dozen mutants, only about a quarter of whom are fully combat ready.

I plan to set aside and hour or so each week to post here, but ultimately I'll probably do more.

A large, sharpened iron pipe shot right through officer Stephen Durst's head, bringing a small stream of blood and chunks of various tissues and killing him instantly. His last thought was "It reminds me of a Christmas tree..."

His body hit the dusty ground with a thud, and his partner started screaming expletives.

"****ERS! YOU ****ING MUTIES **** YOU!!!"

The crowd, about a dozen people in a circle around the officer and his former partner, started laughing, a few calling out rather suggestive comments at the remaining human.

The man in the purple coat stood in front of the officer in the center of the circle. He made a spinning motion with the finger of his right hand, and a hand gun rotated in the air above it almost absent mindedly. He had a wide smile on his face, amused by the officer's reaction.

"Jesus CHRIST are you loud," he said.

"IF YOU'RE GONNA ****ING KILL ME GET IT OVER WITH YOU ASSWIPE MUTIE! I SWEAR T..."

The man in purple grabbed the gun in his left hand and started making a hurried and uneven circular motion directed off in the distance with his right. An old rusty chain shot out toward them and wrapped itself around the officer's neck. The man in purple pulled his hand toward his chest, and the officer was quickly pulled right up to his face. He looked into the officer's eyes as he choked and vainly gasped for breath.

"Shut. Up."

He made a quick jerking motion with his right hand and the officer's neck snapped like a dry twig.

The crowd's laughter covered the sound the body made when it hit the ground. The man in purple walked away from the body toward an old red pick up truck and the group parted to accommodate. Behind him, one of his crew started conjuring fire to dispose of the bodies, and everyone cheered as the two flatscans went up in smoke. The man in purple grabbed a bottle of water from a cooler in the back of the truck. Murder was, after all, thirsty work.

He stood up in the back at the truck and shouted to his crew.

"Alright, kids. Fun as that was, I want everyone packed up and on the road in ten minutes. We've got a lot of ground to cover by dawn, and this operation is not just going to expand all by itself."

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"