Riverdale Riverdale Season 1 Chapter 13 "The Sweet Hereafter"

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
C_jgbCMVwAAX8YS.jpg:large

SEASON FINALE

RIVERDALE

"Chapter Thirteen: The Sweet Hereafter" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LSV) (HDTV)

SEASON FINALE - Archie (KJ Apa) and Veronica (Camila Mendes) continue to grow closer. Betty (Lili Reinhart) is tired of her family acting as if nothing has happened and confronts her mother. Jughead (Cole Sprouse) finds himself in an unexpected situation, leaving Archie and the gang scrambling. Hermione (Marisol Nichols) makes Fred (Luke Perry) an offer that seems too good to be true. Meanwhile, the truth about Blossom's family business is revealed leaving Cheryl (Madelain Petsch) to take matters into her own hands. Madchen Amick and Ashleigh Murray also star. Lee Toland Krieger directed the episode written by Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa (#113). Original airdate 5/11/2017.

Considering the bit in the promo of [blackout]Archie punching into snow and ice[/blackout], I'm going to take this poster as a spoiler...

C_evu8JWsAIgB0T.jpg

I wanted Sabrina to show up!
https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/glee/images/2/24/Boo_you_****e.gif/revision/latest?cb=20140418013729

weird, I thought Sabrina was suppose to show up?

Wow
Everything that happened in this episode.
And yet, I'm mostly thinking- Jughead ate a cheeseburger!

Boo no Sabrina.

While I get what they were going for, and they introduced several interesting plot lines, I don't think this was as good as the last episode. In terms of the season, I'd definitely rank it near the bottom of the list as it felt a bit generic (that said, this ranking is really more of a testament to the strength of the rest of the season than to this episode being bad).

For someone who liked this season quite a bit, I kind of hated that last episode.

I was going to suggest Chord Overstreet for when Betty's older brother eventually appears, but I looked at his current haircut and it just made me angry. :o

I was hoping that Sabrina rumor from awhile back was true, but realistically, I was wondering why something like that would've slipped out so far ahead of the episode itself. The way Roberto was talking in one of the recent interviews, it still sounds like the supernatural is on the table for next season.

This episode was more of a setup for next season, Homeland does the same thing. It introduced some very interesting story lines. I love Betty and Jug but him taking that jacket and it's implications is going to create a strain. Cheryl is out of her mind, she's been steadily losing it. Also did grandma blossom get out?

I am use to setup finales. Game of Thrones does it better then anyone. I just didn't like a lot of the content and ideas.

I enjoyed the finale. Some interesting things set up for next season. Though I will be upset if they actually kill off that character.

Apparently, KJ Apa actually broke his hand shooting the ice scene.

I am use to setup finales. Game of Thrones does it better then anyone. I just didn't like a lot of the content and ideas.

Yeah I'm not too sure about the direction they're taking Season 2 either.

I was rooting for
Jug and Betty to get it on. Cock block serpants.

Last edited:
This episode ruled. There was a lot of Sabrina Easter Eggs in the finale, too, and I'm wiling to bet she'll show up as [BLACKOUT]part of Jughead's new Foster family[/BLACKOUT].

That ending, though. :wow:

This episode ruled. There was a lot of Sabrina Easter Eggs in the finale, too, and I'm wiling to bet she'll show up as [BLACKOUT]part of Jughead's new Foster family[/BLACKOUT].

That ending, though. :wow:

This will be great if it is true.

The ending was so shocking, hoping
Fred
is still alive

That finale was whack. It felt like a bunch of rushed epilogues.

I'm afraid for season 2. Part of what made this work was the short season. And now that we know Hiram will be a big bad for the season, a lot of oxygen is going to be sucked up by Veronica's family drama.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"