Riverdale Riverdale Season 1 Chapter 2 "A Touch of Evil" (SPOILERS)

Okay, so Archie's an idiot for running to his teacher's house (especially without a shirt on). Not only does that cast suspicion on them both, but he's risking violating the conditions of their agreement. Which he set up. Because he needs her help. And speaking of their agreement: why didn't he just say something to her during one of their lessons? Or at school? And why did it take him until the end of the episode to come up with the common sense solution of going to the police, telling him what he heard, and neglecting to mention that Grundy was also there?

Didn't say this in the last thread, but I think Archie's excuse for not wanting to date Betty ("You're too good for me!") is ********. It's one thing if he just doesn't have feelings for her, you can't be mad at him for that, but what he actually said to her was ********.

"July Fourth" is going to be this show's "doppelgänger," isn't it?

The Mannequins are BOLD for accusing Cheryl of fratricide right to her face.

Okay, there was a point where there was literally a fog machine running in the background. :funny:

Betty is petty for giving Cheryl the other coupon. :funny:

I don't think Veronica deserves forgiveness. Not yet. She was a ****** friend to Betty and her actions were ultimately swept under the rug. Their vow doesn't make sense, because it wasn't Archie that came between them. It was Veronica.

*characters run inside from the rain* *are completely dry*

This episode was much, MUCH better than the first. I hope episode three is even better.

Side note: is Jughead's hat available for purchase anywhere?

Ok, finally got to catch this today. MUCH better than the pilot. I am now genuinely interested in the show whereas the pilot left me on the fence. The pilot was WAY too CW High School drama-y, this episode though, while it still had those elements, toned them down a lot and felt much more like a noir and I hope they keep it up. I also could've done without the poppy Josie and the Pussycats single at the football game but whatever.

I really like the actor who plays Archie, he has a natural, likeable screen presence about him. Also........how old is Archie supposed to be in this again? Because his "relationship" with Ms Grundy is in some very murky legal waters and I give the show props for having the balls to go there, especially with the MAIN CHARACTER.

Also, Veronica annoys me, and I think its the actress, she overplays it a little and hope she tones it down.

Agreed it was much better than the pilot. Really liked seeing Archie and Jughead make peace. Veronica is very, very cool. I hate, hate, hate Reggie with burning passion, in a good way, props to Ross Butler for being able to seamlessly transition between a more-or-less lovable, if somewhat dumb and admittedly insensitive fool into complete utter human garbage in a single scene. I also hate Kevin Keller, but him in a bad way. I mean, the writing's for the series in general is one cliché after another and yet somehow his character manages to feel specially clichéd inside of it. Apa does a competent job, better than last weeks for sure, though he still seems overshadowed by the rest of the cast. I don't care for Miss Grundy or her storyline to be honest.

Loving this show thus far.

I'm liking the show quite a bit. I went in with very low expectations but I've genuinely enjoyed the first couple episodes.

Better episode compared to the previous one. LOVE Jughead, they're doing him so well.

I still don't know if I'm sold on Archie. Fred Andrews is great, though and Betty's still all-kinds of cuteness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"