• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Robert Deniro- What Happened?

PЯOVOSҬ;32290737 said:
IM3 as a case in point.
incredible BS, and you know that.
sorry, but both Trevor Slattery AND the Mandarin were fine performances. You may not like the direction that movie went but there's no way that a) his performance in it wasn't great and b) the movie itself, while you might have problems with decisions that movie made (and that's your problem, not the movies) was one of the better films this genre has to offer

sorry, but both Trevor Slattery AND the Mandarin were fine performances. You may not like the direction that movie went but there's no way that a) his performance in it wasn't great and b) the movie itself, while you might have problems with decisions that movie made (and that's your problem, not the movies) was one of the better films this genre has to offer

I do not "know" it's BS,you're calling it BS is what "I know"

It's not my problem.

It's a view I have.

If you view it as "my problem" then fine - that's your view.

PЯOVOSҬ;32290873 said:
I do not "know" it's BS,you're calling it BS is what "I know"

It's not my problem.

It's a view I have.

If you view it as "my problem" then fine - that's your view.
Anyway, IM3 is not in the same category as Jaws: The Revenge, the Focker Franchise or Bloodrayne. That's all I'm saying

I recall reading an article on this about a few years ago which intimated that DeNiro basically fell out of love with acting as he had another pursuit - owning a restaurant/s. Problem was that the restaurant was costing more money than he thought it would so he started taking more and more crappy roles just to pay for them. How true that is, I just don't know, but what I do know is that he's taken some roles that just never deserved a star with his level of talent.
I heard it was the Tribeca Film Festival that was costing him money, but yeah.

I'm gonna come out and say it: I enjoyed Meet the Parents and Meet the Fockers. The third one, however, can **** off and die.

I'm gonna come out and say it: I enjoyed Meet the Parents and Meet the Fockers. The third one, however, can **** off and die.
I have not seen it .
Why is it so horrible a movie ?

Meet the Parents was ok overall.

The rest have sequel-itis and relying on the same routine of jokes from the 1st movie.

Species?

Love Guru?

A Sound of Thunder?
The first Species movie wasn't terrible. It wasn't quite good either but it was still a respectable if lower class movie.

Now Love Guru there is no defending that. I guess it was because Mike Meyers still had a shred credibility at the time.

A Sound of Thunder is iffy. I didn't think it was that bad but like Species, was not all that good either.

There were other movies he did that were good around then but looking at his filmography he was scattered all over post-2002.

Just realised....

Meet the Fockers and Little Fockers has Dustin Hoffman in it.

ANOTHER phone in-er.

:cmad::cmad::cmad:

“I have never seen it (Jaws: The Revenge), but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific.” - Michael Caine

This is one of my all time favorite movie-related quotes!

Personally, I say folks like De Niro and Pacino deserve to have fun in their old age. As Christopher Lee would say, it doesn't matter how the final product turns out, so long as you did your best work with what you were given.

Yeah, you a zombie. lawd.

I'd rather sit through F4 than watch IM3 again.

This is one of my all time favorite movie-related quotes!

Personally, I say folks like De Niro and Pacino deserve to have fun in their old age. As Christopher Lee would say, it doesn't matter how the final product turns out, so long as you did your best work with what you were given.

Exactly.

I personally think people should stop giving them crap.

Exactly.

I personally think people should stop giving them crap.

Suppose if one takes the Larry Flynt view

"If you don't like Hustler magazine, don't read it."

Just don't go see the movies these guys are in,no one is forcing you to.

Don't forget Christopher Walken and Bill Murray (although the latter is debatable seeing as Wes Anderson has a spot reserved for him in each of his movies).

De Niro got old. Like Schlosser said, when actors get old, they go on autopilot. Acting, especially in Hollywood is more of a young man's game.

Anyway, I don't know why people are ignoring his performance Silver Linings Playbook. It was a pretty good performance in which he got nominated for an Oscar for.

I saw the intern.

I almost cried seeing Bob like that. I ain't hating, really. My nostalgia just took over me.

Some guys take the money just to get out the house and do something. I guess that's the situation with De Niro.

By the way, you're going down our deathmatch!

What was wrong with Deniro in the Intern? It was a fine "feel good" movie.

I think there's a perception that a lot of these aging greats only made great movies and always gave stellar performances and then at a certain point started just doing nothing but crap, and that's just not the case. What people look at and call "mailing it in", may well just be an easy character to play, or a character that just isn't very interesting. You'll find a similar pattern in many of their careers. They'll make the occassional serious, weighty film in their old age, and a lot of action/comedy stuff. There's a reason for that. There's more of an opportunity to do action/comedy stuff. And yes, sometimes its for a paycheck, but I think decrying an actor for working to make money is a bit much.

With DeNiro and Pacino, all that's really left for them to do now is a comic book movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"