Your Top 5 Favorite Films

ElToro

Im No Side-Kick lol
Reaction score
Simple people, just list your top 5 favorite films of all time. It can be old, new or new new. Ill start it off.

I love films.I consider making a film and or directing, producing, script writing and editing film an art, and it is. I working on a few project that i want to do. I was to be a filmaker myself. So here are my top 5. They were really hard to choose since i love a lot of films. Im into all kinds of genres when it comes to films.

5. Alfred Hitchcock's Dial "M" For Murder.
Probably one of the first Hitchcock film that i enjoyed. As a little kid, i wasent really into old classic movies. But as i got a little older, i started to watch them and Dial "M" For Murder i must say...is a fanastic piece of art from Hitchcock. I consider this film a Noir and a femme fatale film because it is about a lady juggling two men. Her husband tries to kill her, but instead blackmails someone from the hubands past to kill his wife. Its not a black and white film but it has that film noir to it. i highly sugest to watch this film if you havent.

4. Martin Scorsese's Taxi Driver
Damn this movie is good. Martin Scorses did a fantastic job directing this film. I couldn't decide between two Scorses film, it was between Taxi driver and Raging Bull.I know Scorses didn't write Taxi Driver but he did direct them and i love this film.

3. Sergio Leone's The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
This movie is amazing. Sergio Leone is a genius. I love this film. If someone was to ask me if i had to choose a movie from the past to direct, which one would it be and why...it would be The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, why? Because everything about this film is amazing. It had me on the edge of my seat really. Great film.

2. Quentin Tarantino's Pulp Fiction
Theres really nothing else to say about this movie but great. I mean Tarantino really naild it with this film.I love all his film.He brought back that exploitation feeling to me when i watched his films. It was hard for me to choose one of his films to because i love all of them, and yes, i did see Django Unchained and i love that one too.

1. Guy Ritchie's Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
It was hard for me to choose, but damn. I love this movie. i also liked Snatch, RocknRolla, Revolver.But this one is by far my favorite Guy Ritchie film.the whole movie was a rollercoaster. There was like three different sides to the story and they all fused together perfectly. The ending was crazy and throughout the whole film there was humor. I love this film Great movie.

It was hard for me to choose these films. But the list keeps going on and on. These are my top five favorite films, and my opinions people so dont go off on me lol.

Whats your Top 5 Favorite Films???

In no particular order...

V for Vendetta
Tombstone
Higher Learning
The Last Samurai

Last edited:
1. Die Hard
An amazing thrill ride from start to finish. The perfect action film, with the perfect(ly flawed) hero.

2. Predator
A brilliant blend of sci-fi, action and horror. The characters are G.I. Joe action figures, fighting a G.I. Joe Alien!

3. The Last Boy Scout
Bruce Willis at his dirtiest, throwing Shane Black dialogue like he was born to.

4. Die Hard: With a Vengeance
The natural progression to John McClane's story. Unlike the other ones, this one feels like it takes place in the same world.

5. Lethal Weapon
The best buddy cop movie ever. Amazing chemistry between Riggs and Murtaugh and crazy Gary Busey.

1. Watchmen
2. Donnie Darko
3. In Bruges
4. The Dark Knight Trilogy (I don't care if that's cheating :p)
5. The Never Ending Story

1. Jaws - no other film I've seen comes this close to perfection.
2. Iron Man - best superhero movie....PERIOD.
3. Die Hard - a better action movie has yet to be made.
4. The Good, The Bad & The Ugly - best western, truly epic
5. Carlito's Way - my all time favorite crime drama

Last edited:
1. star wars original trilogy
2.The Avengers
3. superman 2
4. ghostbusters
5. Captain America

1) Goodfellas

2) Pulp Fiction

3) Die Hard

4) Aliens

5) Back To The Future

That's my top 5 favourite films of all time. :woot:

Top five you say? And I who thought top ten was hard enough. But I digress.

1. Alien
2. The Empire Strikes Back
3. The Godfather
4. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
5. Magnolia

1. True Romance
2. The Rock
3. Die Hard
4. Speed
5. The Last Boy Scout

Last edited:
1. Batman
2. Inception
3. The Life Aquatic
4. Persona
5. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Love is an understatement. :o

Alien
The Goonies
Ghostbusters
Die Hard
Back To The Future

Just missed out
Terminator 2: Judgment Day
Predator
The Dark Knight
Star Wars Original Trilogy
Aliens

1.) The Dark Knight Rises: The story and Bruce's arc give me all the right feels.
2.) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (I and II)
3.) Hellboy II: The Golden Army
4.) The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
5.) Goemon (Live action): Beautiful film, well shot and with a good plot to back the visuals.

1. Star Wars A New Hope
2. Raiders of the Lost Ark
3. Fellowship of the Ring
4. Jurassic Park
5. The Dark Knight Rises

Number 5 is interchangeable with Batman 89, Batman Begins, and The Dark Knight depending on the day. :BA

Last edited:
1. Raiders of the Lost Ark
2. The Social Network
3. The Empire Strikes Back
4. The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
5. Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

Honorable mentions:
6. The Godfather
7. The Dark Knight
8. Die Hard/Jaws

1) The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
2) Closer
3) Up
4) The Big Lebowski
5) Inglourious Basterds
6) Kingdom of Hea..

Oh right, only 5. Tough as ****.

Just 5? Oh dear. Well, I'll give it a shot:

5. Se7en
4. Looper
3. Memento
2. Fight Club
1. Three Way Tie between: The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises and The Shining

1.) Casablanca
2.) Grand Hotel
3.) Breakfast At Tiffany's
4.) Raiders of the Lost Ark (Well, the following three films also).
5.) A ClockWork Orange

I find it damn near impossible to narrow it down to 5. I have a hard enough time with 10, lol.

But here it goes:

1.) Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
2.) Blade Runner
3.) Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
4.) The Lion King
5.) Brazil

If I were to make this list tomorrow, there would probably be completely different films up there (except the top 2) from my vast list of favorites, depending on my mood, lol. Another day it might include any of these instead: Monty Python and the Holy Grail, M, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World, Psycho, Memento, The Prestige, Lost in Translation, Die Hard, The Incredibles, Fargo, Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang, or 12 Monkeys. My all-time favorites, every last one of 'em.

Pulp Fiction
Se7en
Minority Report
Friday
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

1. Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)
2. Taken (2009)
3. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990)
4. The Wizard of Oz (1939)
5. The Wolverine (2013)

Last edited:
1) District 9