• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Robin Williams - I Believe He Earned His Own Thread

Its all good. Accidents happen. Just in the future try to keep text below 5 or 4. And if its something important I find that changing the font color to red works.

yep, red attracts attention and its been scientifically proven that it boosts hunger :)

I know many ppl hated the movie Jack, but Robin is great and heartbreaking in it.

When I went to see GOTG the trailer for the 3rd NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM was played. I got a little misty.

You know, it was fashionable in some quarters to dump on Robin these last few years. And it wasn't about his choice in films, subpar though they may have been in recent times. No, there was a sense that some others in the comedy world that he was some how a hack or that his style was old hat or somehow cliche. I would watch the CRAZY ONES on CBS and just didn't see it. Even his outtakes were amazing, still. And even if he has a style that you might see the punch line coming sometimes, it didn't make it any less funny. His delivery, improv ability, and general wide talent still made it funny. On top of all that, he was a grand dramatic performer as well. Truly, a rare combination of humor and humanism. I shall truly miss the man as an entertainer.

I vaguely remember Mork & Mindy when I was a little kid.I'd like to check it out again.I think they had some "mad monk" as a recurring character.And Mork layed an egg that hatched Jonathan Winters.Some real weird *** stuff.

That was Exidor.

I was little when Mork and Mindy was on, my sister and I loved it. He was just nuts.

I remember one episode where he was walking in the door with some kids, and he was telling them, "And if you're really good, I'll take you to see Popeye again!"

One of my favorites was when he had to improvise a newscast during a snowstorm. He did a story about some civil unrest somewhere, and when he found out they had no film of it, he said "Well, it would look like this..." and re enacted it by scrambling his hands all over the news desk like it was two groups fighting. :funny:

Robin Williams on Whose Line is it Anwyay? Enjoy!

[YT]watch?v=7740svQUXwE[/YT]

This is one of my favorite Robin Williams clips. It's from a TV special with Carol Burnett that aired in 1987. They did a funeral scene together twice - once scripted, and a second time where they just let Robin loose:

Mork actually debuted in a Happy Days episode, one of the show's weirder ones.

When Mork appeared on Happy Days, I was so confused as a kid. To have an alien show up on a "normal" show was just odd. I'm glad they did a spin-off with Mork.

I loved Mork and Mindy until Mork had the son (Jonathan Winters). The guy was a great comedian but I really hated him as the (old) kid.

I always like Jonathan Winters in that role .
He made me laugh .

The only film of his I can't watch is Mrs. Doubtfire and that is more a personal thing then anything in the film that's wrong.

Watched R.V last night cause it was on the family movie channel here, i really liked it
laughed so much at this line by Williams

"I have to ride a custom bike because my hips aren't aligned!!!! Are you happy? Now the kids know that their old man's a freak!!!!!"

Broadway Cast of Aladdin Ends Show With Tribute to Robin Williams

[YT]Xw7J2aNJxFA[/YT]

The day after Robin Williams died, the cast of the Broadway production of Aladdin closed their performance with a nod to the actor who originally voiced the character of Genie. James Iglehart, who won a Tony playing Genie on Broadway, led the audience in a sing-along reprise of "Friend Like Me," Williams' big song from the 1992 Disney film.

All of Broadway went dark for one minute Wednesday night to mark Williams' passing. Although he's obviously best remembered for his movie roles and his standup, Williams did appear on Broadway in a one-man show and in a production of Waiting for Godot with Steve Martin.

An image of Genie, originally posted by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences, is still the most-shared Williams tribute, for better or worse. It's been seen 69 million times.

http://www.today.com/entertainment/robin-williams-gets-broadway-tribute-dimmed-lights-1D80062788

:csad:

Sorry if this was already posted, but I just love this video of Robin with the U.S. troops in Kuwait:

Last edited:
Found this on Tumblr, it's originally from Reddit...

tumblr_na64tauG9g1qb9hh5o1_500.png

^Nice find Sawyer. I hope that's something that really happened. It sounds like the thing a dyed in the wool humanist like Williams would do. The man seemed to have a big heart along with that famous quicksilver mind of his.

I only just managed to watch content from him today - various interviews. And you know, all I could do was smile. Great talent and person.

I will never understand why people feel the need to kill themselves as they only create heartache for their family and loved ones. I wish he had thought of that because he made a bigger impact to other people's lives in life than in death. He may not have known that but I hope he does now, wherever he is. He made a lot of people happy, including myself. He will be missed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"