OHH NOEs! Robin Williams Drops Mrs. Doubtfire 2

Assassin

Detroit's Reckoning
Reaction score
http://www.cinematical.com/2006/12/05/robin-williams-drops-mrs-doubtfire-2/

Robin Williams Drops Mrs. Doubtfire 2?
Posted Dec 5th 2006 3:31PM by Erik Davis
Filed under: Comedy, RumorMonger, Fandom, 20th Century Fox, Remakes and Sequels

Wow, this one seemed to have come out of nowhere -- our friend Richard over at Filmstalker reports that Robin Williams just told Edith Bowen from BBC's Radio 1 that he will not be starring in a Mrs. Doubtfire 2. Say what now? But I thought he was already attached -- heck, we all assumed the sequel would be coming out sometime next year. I mean, last we heard from Williams on the subject, he was even talking up a Mrs. Doubtfire 3, claiming there were "plenty of adventures left for her." What in the world happened?

According to Filmstalker, Williams said something along the lines of "if it's not done right, it's not worth doing." But in the same interview, he also noted that the character would come back one day, just not now and not in this form. Well, that's a bummer. Not only for us, but for 20th Century Fox -- the first film grossed a whopping $440 million worldwide -- and so I imagine some peeps were really looking forward to a huge payday from the sequel. Based on Williams' comments, it appears as if Bonnie Hunt's script was not up to par -- perhaps she was going in a direction that Williams didn't feel comfortable with. Regardless, I'm sure a lot of you are upset about this news? Me? I don't care much for Bonnie Hunt or her writing -- yeah, Life with Bonnie wasn't exactly at the top of my "Must Watch TV" list. So maybe this is a good thing. Or bad. You tell me ...

Good. Nothing against Bonnie but Mrs Doubtfire needs no crappy sequels.

thank you god!!!
What would they seriously do with Mrs. Doubtfire??? send her space?

Didn't knew they were making a sequel, glad it looks like it isn't now.

We really don't need a Mrs. Doubtfire 2.

The title suggest that this is a bad thing.....Why?

Maybe they can get a female to be in a Mr. Doubtfire, but it would have to be some comedian in the same leagues as Williams, Kathy Griffin maybe?

Kathy Griffin is no where near Williams' league.

Matt said:
Kathy Griffin is no where near Williams' league.

Thats what I was thinking. And even if she was.....it would take more then a female in Robin's league to make a "Mr. Doubtfire" work....Hell I doubt Robin could of made "Mrs. Doubtfire 2" Good. Its just that s****y of an idea.

OHH NOEs! Robin Williams Drops Mrs. Doubtfire 2?

Good for him.

Good, no need for a sequel.

What happend to originality.

I'm sick of sequels and remakes. God damnit.

so is robin williams, thats why this wont be done.

Another blow for Pierce Brosnan. ;)

lol

no pepper, he's allergic

First he gets fired from James Bond, then no Doubtfire sequel, and now he's allergic to pepper.

Not a good year for Mr. Remington Steele.

Mrs. Doubtfire is fine how it is...untouched, and an american classic. A sequel would have been nice...maybe a few years after the first movie came out...but now its just been too long. I wouldn't mind, R.W. reprising that role...I think we all feel that way...but then we think to ourselves that its better left alone.

Fanticon said:
Mrs. Doubtfire is fine how it is...untouched, and an american classic. A sequel would have been nice...maybe a few years after the first movie came out...but now its just been too long. I wouldn't mind, R.W. reprising that role...I think we all feel that way...but then we think to ourselves that its better left alone.

I agree 100%

Everytime someone says "Oh NOES" I imagine them saying "Oh Nightmare On Elm Street!"

Lazlo Panaflex said:
Maybe they can get a female to be in a Mr. Doubtfire, but it would have to be some comedian in the same leagues as Williams, Kathy Griffin maybe?

Whooopie Goldberg, plus if thye o with Whoopie they wont need much make up, funny woman but ugly as hell

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"