Robotech is on the way!

But you still have to put together a movie with the SDF-1, the Veritech fighters, the Zentraedi, and their ships. Plus a futuristic, post-war Earth that's advanced due to discovery of Robotechnology. Regardless of how much character building there is.

The new Power Rangers movie still cost over $100 million and that was with barely any Ranger or Zord action.

I feel like Sony will botch this like they usually do. Rothman will find a way to tank this potential franchise in it's cradle.

I say just cut your losses and do an Exo Squad movie.

I say just cut your losses and do an Exo Squad movie.
I really enjoyed Exo-Squad for its time.

But an Exo-Squad movie would all be really expensive, especially for a show that lasted only two seasons and ended on a huge cliffhanger.

Yeah, no way this is decent with Sony at the helm and without a good sized budget. I agree, it needs to be broken up into at least 6 films to span all 3 series, with Macross getting the most focus.

Even after all that, this won't be the same without the same type of score. I say leave Ulpio Minucci's music in tact but "modernize" it if possible, cause the music really sells this epic. They can cast unknowns for most of the parts and some big/decent names for the "mentor" characters (Gloval, Claudia, Roy) to save on money.

Still, this is a really hard one to do right, and I don't trust the present company to get that done.

I learned the word Triumverate from Robotech. Just thought I'd pass that along.

This... probably needs to stay in development hell. It's gonna take ALOT of fikns to get it right, and I'm sure they're just gonna skin over everything. We're gonna get Ghost in the Shell all over again. It's gonna be a pretty movie that's far more flash than substance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"