Rocky 5 or Rots Which was better???

The Kid

AMERICA FTW
Reaction score
I want to see how this comes out...

Rocky 5 vs Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith

:o oops... I don't know how to make a poll. Just say which one is better.

Wesyeed said:
I want to see how this comes out...

Rocky 5 vs Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith

:o oops... I don't know how to make a poll. Just say which one is better.

Rocky V is ley-hey-haaaame.

RotS is good but no way near as good at it could have been.

I kinda find it amazing that someone even comes up with the idea to compare Rocky V (of all movies) with RotS... :)

Well, I'm not a huge Star Wars-fan, but likes the Rocky-movies even less, so it's an easy choice.

This is SSS-Tah-Uuu-Ped!!! Besides, with a Rocky VI on the horizon, shouldn't you be comparing Rocky V to Attack of the Clones?

Rocky V wasnt THAT bad. ROTS, sucked though.

I was amazed by how similar Rots and Rocky 5 were in both plot, everything, and suckage. Rocky and obiwan even have to fight mullet haired kids at the end. I say Rocky 5 wins by knock out because he's rocky and losing isn't what the man does. :up: Also I felt the R5 was less ******ed by bad acting. Slightly.

Hey... Maybe I should make a Saga poll. Rocky vs Starwars? Could someone do that for me?

The Mickey flashbacks alone had more emotion to them than the entire Star Wars saga, so Rocky V.

Really,I'm not a fan of sequels,BUT,Rocky V,though often slated as the worst of the bunch,is actually superior to the two films that preceded it.Unlike the glossy third and fourth entries, this one tries to be down-to-earth. Rocky loses his money, and is forced to go back to his old neighborhood. Back in the grime of his past. That's where he belongs, not in a mansion!

Granted, there is some cheese on display here. The music is dated and some of the dialogue is just too obvious - the reporters at the press conference pressure Rocky in all kinds of ridiculous ways. I also don't understand the patriotic references; why is the villain George Washington Duke and why does he say only in America at the end? (besides the obvious Don King rip-off,it doesn't make much sense-only in America can Rocky prove his superiority in a street brawl? :confused: ) It's also silly that the film is set right after Rocky IV, since all of the actors have visibly aged.

Nevertheless, there's good material here. Paulie finally redeems himself, and Tommy's corruption is an interesting counterpoint to how Rocky's career developed. The final battle is very satisfying, particularly the visions of Mickey which inspire Rocky to get up for one more round!!!

Rocky 5 is at least rewatchable, I have the ROTS DVD and I've only seen it once so far.

was I really the only one who thought "WTF?" when he saw this? I mean, what does one have to do with the other? :confused:

JackBauer said:
was I really the only one who thought "WTF?" when he saw this? I mean, what does one have to do with the other? :confused:
That is actually the point...or the lack of one,however you wish to look upon it.

ROTS trumps Rocky V and hands its ass to it time and time again.

:cool:

Whose fight was better? Rocky VS Tommy Gunn or Obi-wan VS Darth Vader.

I have to go wth RvsT since there were some cool moves like leg hooking and most of it was fairly realistic whereas OvsDV was more like a big cartoon battle.

Wesyeed said:
Whose fight was better? Rocky VS Tommy Gunn or Obi-wan VS Darth Vader.

I have to go wth RvsT since there were some cool moves like leg hooking and most of it was fairly realistic whereas OvsDV was more like a big cartoon battle.

I think OVvs.DV looks more exciting than Rvs.TG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"