10/10

JTStarkiller

Sidekick
Reaction score
Just a little curious. Based on whatever scale you use, how often do you give out the highest rating, meaning 4/4 stars, 5/5 stars, 10/10, etc.? Of recent years which films would fall into that category?

I use the 10 point scale, and I try to give them out sparingly. I'd say I give out somewhere around five 10s a year, but it varies. Here are mine of the last few years...

TMNT

Children of Men
The Fountain
Little Miss Sunshine
The Prestige
Silent Hill

Batman Begins
King Kong
Munich
Sin City
Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith

Feel free to go as far back as you want. Just curious to see how many films people give the highest rating. :)

Use them sparingly? You have 11 movies right there from 2 and a half years. Being as 10/10 implies a perfect movie, I cannot think of a one recently.

I think The Shawshank Redemption is the only movie I would give the highest rating of all movies I've seen.

Being as 10/10 implies a perfect movie, I cannot think of a one recently.

Not necessarily. You can rate a movie with 10/10 if you really enjoy it, but that doesn't mean it's a perfect movie.

My absolute 10/10 movies:

1. The Long Good Friday
2. One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest
3. Goodfellas
4. The Good, The Bad and the Ugly
5. The Departed

only give three movies 10/10 i think...

Pulp Ficton
The Usual Suspects
Who Framed Roger Rabbit

others that have came close were Die Hard, Batman 89 and Reservior Dogs.

but i don't really judge them on a scale that can change depending on my mood. such as if i'm in a mood where comedy will chear me up it would score higher than it would normaly, same applies for if i want some scifi action to escape with or whatever. i judge by howmany lines i can remember on the 2nd viewing...thats when you know a good film imo

Points become completely ridiculous. For example, a film like Crank was an absolute blast but hardly cinematic masterpiece...so I'd give it an 8/10, simply based on how entertaining it was. But then you have a film like Taxi Driver which is a masterpiece, however it really isn't my cup of tea thus I didn't find it entertaining so you give it a 7/10, is Crank better than Taxi Driver? No it's not... I get the idea of the thread but discussion is better than ratings, or more approriately discussion to go along with the rating.

Also most 10/10 movies can be found on AFI best 100...

However a couple not found on the list that I particularly love:

Face in a Crowd
I'm a Fugitive from a Chaingang
Angels with Dirty Faces
Seventh Seal

^Good point, Movies.

:up:

I guess I see what the thread starter means. I give 4/4 star or 10/10 ratings to some movies. Pan's Labyrinth would be the most recent one.

1. Fight Club

2. Memento

3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

4. Raiders of the Lost Ark

5. Batman Begins

TMNT was horse ****, I will have at least one movie that I give a 10/10 that people will not agree with the 10/10 but most will think it is a good moive, but com'on TMNT was so unbelievable sub-par on its own, and compared to the fantastic live action movies that where made 17 years ago, with technology that looks better than what they used for TMNT it stands as a pointless and putrid movie

last couple years

Batman Begins, Children of Men, Curse of the Black Pearl, and Kill Bill (as a whole)

Yeah, I wouldn't say they're perfect. In fact, I don't know if any film is really perfect. And I think giving out about five a year sounds about right, but I was just curious about what you all thought.

Just a little curious. Based on whatever scale you use, how often do you give out the highest rating, meaning 4/4 stars, 5/5 stars, 10/10, etc.? Of recent years which films would fall into that category?

I use the 10 point scale, and I try to give them out sparingly. I'd say I give out somewhere around five 10s a year, but it varies. Here are mine of the last few years...

TMNT

Children of Men
The Fountain
Little Miss Sunshine
The Prestige
Silent Hill

Batman Begins
King Kong
Munich
Sin City
Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith

Feel free to go as far back as you want. Just curious to see how many films people give the highest rating. :)

After years of experimentation, I have found that the 1,000,000/1,000,000 scale works best...at least for me.

Sweet, I shall adopt it. Just saw Spider-Man 3 last night, and I'll give it a 549,872.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"