World Rogues Gallery Rhino Repainted

pantherfan

Civilian
Reaction score
I dunno if anyone here really does the painting thing, or really even cares about it, but I got this Rhino bust, and decided to strip and repaint it. Let me know what you think!

The original:
rhino.jpg

My repaint:
rhino.jpg

rhinoclose.jpg

pantherfan said:
I dunno if anyone here really does the painting thing, or really even cares about it, but I got this Rhino bust, and decided to strip and repaint it. Let me know what you think!

The original:
rhino.jpg

My repaint:
rhino.jpg

rhinoclose.jpg

Nice work!

Kinda gives his face more depth when he's not so fish-belly white.

Much nicer; great job.

I never go to the trouble of stripping and then repainting busts, but I have been known to touch them up a bit. The paint on them is usually like something slopped on with a housepainting brush. Rhino came out great, nice work :up:

Thanks...did the teeth like that on purpose, to give it more of a "comic-y" feel. They aren't quite as white as the picture shows, though...they're more beige. The actual color was tapioca.

dude lemme say, this is fantastic, great painting skill, keep it up.:up:

Good job, and if the comic-bookish look was your goal for the black-lined teeth, then that works too. :up:

I'm sometimes tempted to repaint the tail on the Rogues Gallery Lizard, due to the non-matching yellow underside painted on it. I suppose one could also choose to paint the chest yellow to match the tail.

awesome job

does anyone know how to get paint to stick to the spidey 2 super poseable figure? i've sanded, cut, and done anything i can think of and NOTHING sticks.

Lizard...go for it! I'd love to see it.

Spidey, anything that I repaint, I give a warm bath with liquid soap. This gets any chemicals off that may have come from the factory...you'd be surprised what a difference it makes! On some, I strip the paint with Castrol super clean, but if the paint isn't on too thick, I just skip that step. Next, I lay down a decent primer coat, and bam! Good to go. That should take care of it for ya.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"