RPG Application: DC: 1870

Status
Not open for further replies.

Byrd Man

El Hombre Pájaro
Reaction score
RPG Application

Screenname of the Proposed RPG’s Game Master: Kenzington Wilhite "Byrd Man" Byrd III Esq.

Do You Have An Instant Messenger that we can reach you on for better conversation? (i.e MSN, Yahoo, AIM, ect.) And if so, what is your screenname?: Yeah, [email protected]

Gamemasters/Assistant Gamemasters already chosen: None right now, but if anyone is interested get in contact with me.

How will the overall layout of the RPG be?: Season by season based game involving multiple storylines and interacting RPers.

Premise of RPG, if it is a user created RPG see below for applicable additions to this Applicaton, (Must be a paragraph or longer).

"Go west, young man!"
- John Soule, 1851

America is in a state of rebuilding and reconstruction. The bloody civil war that tore the county apart six years ago has left many towns, cities, and people broken. Those wishing for a fresh start set their eyes towards the west and its wide open fields.

In Keystone and Central City, two towns that were locked in a bloody border war six years ago, the healing process goes slowly. Through the protection of a new hero, both cities unite to support the mysterious figure who claims to be the "Fastest Man in The West".

In Nebraska, a one eyed farmer raises his three children and does his best to escape the demons of his past. Although for Slade Wilson, the life he tries to escape slowly starts to suck him back in.

A mysterious figure has been spotted in California's largest city, Los Gothamos. The masked figure fights against the crime and corrpution that plagues the budding metropolis. According to eyewitness acounts, his symbol is a bat.

Bounty hunter Jonah Hex carries the scars of his past along with the confederate colors he once war. He's currently on his way to Deadwood, South Daktoa to meet his new partner: fellow bounty hunter John Jones.

In Montana, an Indian chief and his tribe fight off the advances of the US Army as the United States tries to claim the tribes' lands in the name of Manifest Destiny. The firey leader of the tribe is a red-skinned man with blond hair and a quiver full of green painted arrows.

An unnamed bandit cuts a path of destruction and mayhem all across the west, leaving dead bodies in his wake. Little is known about the man, save for the fact that he carves smiles into his victim's faces. Based on his path, his next stop will be in California.

In Metropolis, corrupt politcian Boss Luthor's faces heat from his constituants and supporters. His dirty dealings have been exposed and he's being force out of office, a lone newspaper reporter responsible for bringing him to his knees.

Reconstruction brings the south under the Union's tight grasp, although a group of men in yellow cloaks terrorize the former slaves of the south. Army Captain Hal Jordan and his group of fearless soldiers battle against this "Klu Klux Klan" and their leader, former Confederate General Jacob Nathaniel Sinestro.

All through the west, a man travels from town to town with his pen and paper. He documents the stories of the "Wild West" and the inhabitants of the land. A Kanasa boy who later went East to Metropolis, Clark Kent is searching for the American dream.

What will this RPG bring to the RPG forums? (please write two complete sentences): I would like to think it could bring some good stories with Western slants to them. I also think that this could create some real good takes on DC character.

Title Of The RPG You Would Like To Propose: "DC: 1870"

Example Of Characters Application:

DC: 1870 Character Application

Character You Would Like to Play:

Basic Backstory of Character:

Character's Speech Font:

Sample Post: (Between three to five paragraphs with dialogue)

Do You Know How to Post Pictures on The Hype? (A simple yes will do, no need to post a picture)

Last edited:
Interested. A western Dark Knight sounds quite fun.

I'm interested.

:super:

Last edited:
So, it has to be Western style? Because I think you might get more people interested if you left it a bit more open, allowing for both Western style stuff as well as more pulpy steam punk stuff, as long as it fits with some kind of 1870s aesthetic.

Do these characters have their superpowers?

So, it has to be Western style? Because I think you might get more people interested if you left it a bit more open, allowing for both Western style stuff as well as more pulpy steam punk stuff, as long as it fits with some kind of 1870s aesthetic.

Well, I don't really have any restrictions on it per say. If you want to do steampunk and it manages to fit, go for it.

Do these characters have their superpowers?

Some of them do. I would like to play Flash, and the idea I'm working off of would be that Flash does have super-speed, but it's not jacked up to the levels that it is in the comics. He's faster than a normal human being, but he still rides a horse.

Now characters like the Green Lanterns in the synopsis above don't have powers, but I guess it depends on who's playing said character and what they do with them.

Well, I don't really have any restrictions on it per say. If you want to do steampunk and it manages to fit, go for it.

Some of them do. I would like to play Flash, and the idea I'm working off of would be that Flash does have super-speed, but it's not jacked up to the levels that it is in the comics. He's faster than a normal human being, but he still rides a horse.

Now characters like the Green Lanterns in the synopsis above don't have powers, but I guess it depends on who's playing said character and what they do with them.

Honestly, if I applied as Hal Jordan, I'd just want to do him as a member of the Green Lantern Corps, fighting giant steam powered robots and stopping tripod driving martian invasions of Earth. Would that sort of stuff be okay?

Hmm...Hal Jordan fighting martian robots is something I wouldn't do, personally. But, ****, it's not any more goofier than what they do in the comics.

But yeah, I would still like to keep it a Western RPG if I could, but if someone wants to do that, I guess I'll allow it.

So, I'm in. Eff it.

I'll be applying for either Joker or Gordon.

There's a few characters that I've got ideas about, but nothing definite.

I have a serious Idea for Green Arrow, but not quite the same as the synopsis describes. However, I'm all in on this one! New home, super internets and a spunky new DC game! Huzzah!

Yeah, the synopsis is more of a guideline than anything. Always subject to change.

So far we have:

In

Byrd
Catman
Carnage
Optikal

Maybe

MB
SF
Q

No, I'm definitely in. Just trying to decide what concept I'd like to go with.

So far we have:

In

Byrd
Catman
Carnage
Optikal
MB
Watchman

Maybe

Syn
Wieg
SF
Q

Give it a little bit more time, and I think we might be ready for approval.

Holy crap.....steam-punk Brainiac....too hard to resist.....!

Try to take it easy on the steampunk stuff!....Bastards. :cmad:

Holy crap.....steam-punk Brainiac....too hard to resist.....!
With a steampunk giant spider? :awesome:

Very interesting idea for a game, although I'm drawing a blank on ideas for the moment. Count me in for a 'Maybe,' and I'll hopefully think of a character to run with.

So, I'm thinking we have enough interest for an approval? I would hope the dirty bum we call our mod would agree with me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"