RPG Concept/Application: King of the Basement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy C.

Repent, Harlequin!
Reaction score
Screenname of the Proposed RPG’s Game Master:

Andy C.

Do You Have An Instant Messenger that we can reach you on for better conversation? (i.e MSN, Yahoo, AIM, ect.) And if so, what is your screenname?:

AIM: StopAudacity716, MSN: [email protected]

Gamemasters/Assistant Gamemasters already chosen:

Just me, baby!

How will the overall layout of the RPG be?:

Not really an RPG, per se, more like a competitive, time-limited version of the Create-A-Post thread, and with prizes at the end.

Premise of RPG, if it is a user created RPG see below for applicable additions to this Applicaton, (Must be a paragraph or longer).

This started as a conversation that MB and I had, and sort of snowballed into a bigger, possibly grander idea. Essentially, it's this: I pick out a theme, not really a specific world or story, just a theme (my first one I'm planning on doing is "The Magic Kingdom of Walt Disney...Presented By Frank Miller"). When the theme is posted, anyone who wants to participate has one month to work on and submit entries. Players can post as many times as they like, from as many different perspectives as they like. They do not have to be in the same continuity as other players' posts (although you can if you want), as long as it still fits the initial theme.

After one month, I will decide a winner, and the winner will get a cake. Seriously. I will go to the store, buy a very real cake with my very real money, and have it delivered to you. I kid you not. The cake is not a lie.

What will this RPG bring to the RPG forums? (please write two complete sentences):

A place where everyone can exercise their own writing skills in an interesting and (hopefully) friendly competitive environment, as well as bragging rights for whoever wins at the end. And did I mention the cake? Because you totally get a freaking cake.

Title Of The RPG You Would Like To Propose:

King of the Basement

So, we're kinda bringing back the league thing or whatever we called it when we competitively wrote stories in those teams, except this time, it's deathmatch style?

Sounds like a cool idea. I prefer the solo approach to the team set-up, as this way there's no pressure - you enter the contests that interest you, without worrying about letting others down by not competing in the ones that don't.

Cake or death?

Death, please. No, cake! Cake!

You said death first!

Well, I meant cake!"

Oh, all right.

So with that said...or stolen from Eddie Izzard, I'll say that I'm interested. Seems like it can have the fun of the RPG league without all the demands of team and it can be fun without being uber-competative...if that makes sense at all.

Magic Kingdom from Frank Miller....?

Considering I work at the Magic Kingdom...I'm in.

Well, technically speaking I'm a New Yorker but I've lived here long enough to consider myself "one of them"

Not technically. I did the college program and went seasonal after that. I'm actually from Philly.
I knew I liked you. Illedelphia, man. With the flyin' phils. :hehe:

So.....did this ever get a definite yay or nay?

I was hoping for at least one more to get it going.

But to be honest, it doesn't nessecarily need to be a requirement. This is one of those sort of games that I can see being flexible enough to warrant always keeping up, rather than deleting if it starts to lose activity.

This is one of those sort of games that I can see being flexible enough to warrant always keeping up, rather than deleting if it starts to lose activity.

Sort of like DC: 1870 :awesome:

Actually, nothing like that.

Because I can't use this to spite Byrd. :csad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"