• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rubix Cube: The Movie

Dr. Evil

Eternal
Reaction score
I would imagine since its debut in 1974, Ernő Rubik’s “Magic Cube” has sent its fair share of suitors away in a burst of frustration. Fast-forward almost forty years later and the Rubik’s Cube is now poised to piss off a brand new audience – moviegoers. According to What’s Playing, Creative Artists Agency (or CAA) has acquired the film rights to the popular stress release and is currently shopping the property to various producers/studios. Given that someone is willing to develop a script, CAA claims that one of their better-known clients (George Clooney? Meryl Streep?) would be interested in starring in the film.

Of course, it’s no secret that Hollywood loves churning out branded remakes with hopes they will strike a nostalgic chord with audiences. Examples of this can be easily provided via Peter Berg’s Battleship and Ouija (who could forget innocent nights spent summoning dark spirits of the underworld?) both looking at 2012 releases. That said, if studios are interested in sparking my memory of the puzzle cube, I’m going to have to propose the script have something to do with people attempting to solve it for approximately 15-20 seconds before either A) quitting so as to play Super Nintendo or B) trying to find new and inventive ways to break the damn thing for being such a pompous *******. Ah, those were the days.

http://www.collider.com/2010/11/09/rubiks-cube-movie-making-rounds-in-hollywood/

:dry:

I have no reason to complain. If it looks interesting to me when I watch the trailer, I'll go see it; if it doesn't, then I won't.

I'm interested to see what kind of story they'll make out of it.

The rube cube is epic , a movie was bound to happen .

I'm not going to judge yet. People complained when a movie about Facebook was being made and look how that turned out.

When the Red Skull loses the Cosmic Cube...he turns next to Rubick's Cube!!

Mix SAW and CUBE.......

Ice Cube should star in the movie.

When the Red Skull loses the Cosmic Cube...he turns next to Rubick's Cube!!

Mix SAW and CUBE.......

Ice Cube should star in the movie.

At the end of the film, Ice Cube defeats Erno Rubik, and as he's leaving, some random gangster says "Now you got tha Cube"

They should go sci-fi with the movie. Try and make it similar to the movie Cube.

My take would involve:

1. Giant aliens.
2. Giant rubix cubes.
3. People kidnapped from Earth and placed in the cube.
4. They need to find an escape before the aliens solve the puzzle or get so frustrated that they smash the cube and play their version of the Super Nintendo.

. maybenext they can make the sims into live action moive

Because the cube was so popular in Transformers

Is it going to be like a kid friendly Hellraiser? :p

I wanna know what brain dead film executive is sitting back in his office overlooking the studio lot thinking 'You know what market we haven't tapped into yet? The Rubix Cube market'. Next up - 'Slinky: The Movie'.

I could see this being a comedy about the Rubix cube community and the guys who try and one up each other in the speed tournaments.

If they don't solve the puzzle of the Rubix Cube in 15 seconds, spikes shoot out and impale the user!

I nominate Bill O'Reilly to play Rubik.

billoreillyhoneyfuggle.jpg

rubo.jpg

Somehow this has to tie in with Hellraiser.

Imagine the movie being billled as an action/adventure for the whole family only to end abruptly at the 90 min mark with Pinhead coming out of a solved rubix cube and strapping some kid to a pole and stabbing the **** outta him while saying, "Soon you will find ecstacy in the pain."

Roll credits.

Imagine the movie being billled as an action/adventure for the whole family only to end abruptly at the 90 min mark with Pinhead coming out of a solved rubix cube and strapping some kid to a pole and stabbing the **** outta him while saying, "Soon you will find ecstacy in the pain."

Roll credits.

Ice Cube should witness it and say "damn, now that was straight outta Compton"

Roll Credits

post credits

*somewhere in a Mayan Jungle, some explorer is in the jungle snooping around, trips over a vine, tumbles into what looks like a village surrounded with natives worshipping what looks like a totem pole made of blocks, it starts to sway and they all look back at the adventure and start whispering..........Jenga*

*black screen*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"