Playstation RUMOR: Ps5 pro in development

I really hope we can get a quick resume ability like on my Xbox. i really love the ability to jump between games right where you left off

These gens are so long nowadays that it feels likely. The silly thing is it doesn't seem like current games have got the most out of the current systems at all yet.
Especially when you take into consideration that 2.5 years into its lifespan there are only 12 PS5-exclusive games and almost half of this list haven't been released yet.

Category:PlayStation 5-only games - Wikipedia

I know that massive companies like Sony are all about "upgrade, upgrade, upgrade, profits, profits, profits" but there's no need to rush new tech out there when PS5s have only recently begun to be more commonly found in stores two years after its launch.

I'm open to a new PS5 that doesn't look like an ai generated designer vase.
It really doesn't look the greatest and I'm not up to date, but aren't you supposed to keep it vertical/upright? So it's harder to just tuck away.

Both PS5 and the new Xbox (looks like an anti aircraft cannon) look so poor

Still gonna get a PS5 in time for Spider-Man 2 tho haha

I don't care too much how a console looks since the vast majority of my time is looking at the TV where the console is displaying the game I am playing. And both of mine are laying flat and have no problems doing so.

It really doesn't look the greatest and I'm not up to date, but aren't you supposed to keep it vertical/upright? So it's harder to just tuck away.

Both PS5 and the new Xbox (looks like an anti aircraft cannon) look so poor

Still gonna get a PS5 in time for Spider-Man 2 tho haha

The design is made for both placements and apparently a few have had some issues with the liquid metal when it's upright (must be really few otherwise it would have become a much bigger deal in the news) so the horizontal positioning actually does seem to be the better one. There's nothing in the cooling system that makes it matter either, unlike the Xbox that likely works best when upright.

Personally I have it horizontally in my TV bench that has sliding doors on the front so I don't see it until I'm about to use it. I have a couple of high end stereo equipment pieces there as well that actually look really nice but I generally hide those too just to keep a clean look to everything, so doors on the front is a good thing to have in my view.

60 fps is plenty. But I easily notice even small frame rate inconsistencies, something all triple-A games still have. So if 120 fps 4k means a more locked 60 fps, I will be a happy camper.

120 FPS might be cool for fast twitch competitive multiplayer. I don't need it as a priority above 60 FPS for campaign stuff though. On that pump up the visuals, interactive environments, enemy/ally/NPC numbers and AI please!
when I see people say "AI" these days, my mind immediately goes to the recent advancements in technology :whoops:

Instead of even touting 120fps, I'd rather they focus on getting ALL games possible to go up to 60fps. Due to current gen limitations, some games still have to be stuck at 30fps

Biggest leap in a generation? Isn't that like saying biggest year since last year? :D

Biggest generational leap for multiple generations would mean something.

Biggest leap in a generation? Isn't that like saying biggest year since last year? :D

Biggest generational leap for multiple generations would mean something.
haha yeah, it's almost like when Apple always says "we created the best iPhone ever" or even Xbox saying "the most powerful console ever"

$500 is the sweet spot for high performance consoles at launch IMO.
I agree! Sony needs to just take their losses and cut the price of the Ps5 to $400. if they need to, just discontinue the All Digital edition. they already cut the price of the Spider-Man 2 bundle to $450 and it seems like a permanent price cut

I agree! Sony needs to just take their losses and cut the price of the Ps5 to $400. if they need to, just discontinue the All Digital edition. they already cut the price of the Spider-Man 2 bundle to $450 and it seems like a permanent price cut
The digital one at a super low price would theoretically be a casual’s dream and could get new people in the door. The only problem is that for some reason old digital games are super-expensive compared to old physical games, making the whole thing not work as intended. The digital console in that sense is better for people who are happy to pay more for games (for the benefit of convenience) that they can never sell.

The digital one at a super low price would theoretically be a casual’s dream and could get new people in the door. The only problem is that for some reason old digital games are super-expensive compared to old physical games, making the whole thing not work as intended. The digital console in that sense is better for people who are happy to pay more for games (for the benefit of convenience) that they can never sell.
the All Digital is all about convenience, yeah. and a theoretical price cut would match it with the Series S. but, my understanding is that Sony is really bleeding with sales of that console so it would really hurt them by cutting the price on it. I just can't see them doing it.

Mystic Ryan did a video about the leaks. He's given a pretty level headed response to this

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"