Running Time Now Official

J.Howlett said:
Either way, it's about a minute or two longer than X-Men with more story to tell and more characters.

We'll see if it works.
Well, X1 had a slower pace..

-TNC

FieryBalrog said:
Lord of the Rings, each movie was over 3 hours (I think the first one might have been 2:57).

The movies have made billions.
King Kong made money too...It could've made more if it weren't for those people that didn't want to sit through 3 hours of movie..

-TNc

WOW! Pheonix, Brotherhood, Sentinels (breifly) loads of cameos, The Cure plot and how the chartacters react in it: So much is happeneing in Less than 2 hours. Thats so sad!!

At least 2 hours, that 20 mins extra would have made the movie better (not thay Im saying it sucks)...:(

TNC,

Well, Kong didn't need to be 3 hours. I'm still trying to figure out what Jackson was thinking when he decided to make Kong 3 hours.

I still think Ratner can pull something off with this running time. It won't be as in depth as the storyline needs it to be but it's going to be entertaining, that's for sure.

How many more days left?

Strgts said:
I would not be surprised if this was why some Characters got treated like ****. Running Time = crap & the Studio probably wanted Characters like Callisto & her Boobs to focus on

You know, thinking of the butch comic version of Callisto, that makes me chuckle. I don't think there would be enough boobage that could have made Callisto appeal to horny teens back when I was a kid reading X-Men comics.

it will be fine, X1 works well with the fast paced speed, and from some of the reviews that we have been hearing the only two characters that really develop through out this movie are storm and magneto (my guess) i think every other major development that takes place has been developing for 3 movies, and now we see the fruition of it (pyro, iceman, wolverine, rogue, jean, etc)

certianly some characters will be missed out which is a crying shame in some cases (cyclops) and i am cool with it in others (colossus, calisto, juggernaut, multipleman) but thats how movies work

Doesn't bother me. Alot of people felt that X2 dragged on in the end....I'm sure running time won't be too much of an issue (except for the first 20 minutes, which some people said feel rushed). :)

Well thank god it isn't 90 minutes. And when I think about it X2 did drag just a tad.

Blah . . . hopefully this movie doesn't feel like a cluster**** of characters and stories.

Electrix said:
The X2 DVD was slightly crap because it had no extended footage only a few deleted scenes. I hope the X-Men 3 DVD has more material on it.

At least it isnt 90 minutes! I'm happy.

Don't count on it. It's been mentioned that not much was edited out from what they shot.

Endeavor said:
Don't count on it. It's been mentioned that not much was edited out from what they shot.

& going by reviews it seems that A WHOLE LOT MORE WAS CUT THEN 30 SECONDS. They were able to easily tell what Scenes were missing from Trailers etc. We were LIED TO

J.Howlett said:
Either way, it's about a minute or two longer than X-Men with more story to tell and more characters.

We'll see if it works.

It's a minute shorter, not longer... and for the record X1 felt rushed to me and I know I wasn't the only one to think so. :( :down

Strgts said:
& going by reviews it seems that A WHOLE LOT MORE WAS CUT THEN 30 SECONDS. They were able to easily tell what was missing from Trailers etc

No. If you go by reviews that only shows they prepped something to show the press before they were done with effects and sound editing. But that doesn't say the 'almost nothing that we shot was cut out' statement is false. I think come May 24 what we will see in theaters will be almost everything that they shot. I doubt there will be much more material shown in the DVD, if any at all.

Endeavor said:
It's a minute shorter, not longer... and for the record X1 felt rushed to me and I know I wasn't the only one to think so. :( :down
How does a movie feel rushed?

-TNC

Meh...I'm happy. To be honest i would probably be happy if the movie was 10minutes long because I trully enjoyed the first two. I'm just happy there actually is an x-3. To bad more people can't appreciate this...

irishmike said:
Well thank god it isn't 90 minutes. And when I think about it X2 did drag just a tad.

No, it should be about 92 or 93 minutes... Since you have to set aside like 10 minutes for credits (included in the running time) :down :down :down

TNC9852002 said:
How does a movie feel rushed?

-TNC
Well you feel things were not given time to be developed or fleshed out properly, which I felt in X1...

Don't play coy TNC I know this isn't the first time you've heard about a movie having a rush feel to it, you know exactly what it implies. :down

Untitled.gif

Toad - "The running time sucks, the running time sucks"

Cyclops - "I also die that is so cool"

Strgts said:
Toad - "The running time sucks, the running time sucks"

Cyclops - "I also die that is so cool"

LOL, that reminds me of X-Men-Next Dimension

Endeavor said:
No. If you go by reviews that only shows they prepped something to show the press before they were done with effects and sound editing. But that doesn't say the 'almost nothing that we shot was cut out' statement is false. I think come May 24 what we will see in theaters will be almost everything that they shot. I doubt there will be much more material shown in the DVD, if any at all.

Are you also of the opinion that certain scenes/shots weren't shown in the press screenings because of unfinished FX/editing eg. Storm's tidal wave?

Endeavor said:
Well you feel things were not given time to be developed or fleshed out properly, which I felt in X1...

Don't play coy TNC I know this isn't the first time you've heard about a movie having a rush feel to it, you know exactly what it implies. :down
I wouldn't have asked, Endeavor...

I've never heard a critic use the term, "rushed" when reviewing a film. It's like, a cop-out term to me, just to give a title to something when that person thinks that something feels incomplete...I don't think it's a good term to use and I've noticed that people use the word differently sometimes...

By your definition, Endeavor, almost every movie that I've ever seen felt "rushed" somehow..

-TNC

Storm22 said:
Are you also of the opinion that certain scenes/shots weren't shown in the press screenings because of unfinished FX/editing eg. Storm's tidal wave?

I think it's possible that some things that were not fully flesshed out by the timed they prepped the press reels could have been ommitted. I doubt it's anything of consequence though. Storm's tidal wave and Mystique's voice don't have a huge impact on the overall story.

Endeavor said:
I think it's possible that some things that were not fully flesshed out by the timed they prepped the press reels could have been ommitted. I doubt it's anything of consequence though. Storm's tidal wave and Mystique's voice don't have a huge impact on the overall story.

True they wouldn't have necessarily harmed the overall judgement of the film but do you think those elements of the movie that weren't ready/finished for the press screenings will be finished for and in the final theatrical cut??

Endeavor said:
What about Rogue kissing Bobby, Bobby kissing Kitty, the Kitty/Storm scene at the end, Rogue's mother, the Barman scene with Wolverine, Beast/Iceman/Storm at mansion.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"