Running Time Now Official

... and x2 had no pacing problems imo and for many folks... perfection.

Storm22 said:
Ahhhh, ok so you agree with me - certain scenes that were not in the press screening for whatever reason will probably be in the finished theatrical cut:up:

Yeah definitely. If you believe the reviewers got it right then we will see some differences. But they'll likely be minor. Although with the evidence Retro just provided me I'm not so sure. Those things would not be insignificant details...

Endeavor said:
Hmm..

Ok the first 2 pics I already commented on (maybe those are in the press screenings?)
About the third though, are we sure this is from a scene? Could be just a cast snapshot akin to the Leech pic in which he's acting as a camera man?..
Interesting about Doug Lennox, I did not know there was confirmation he actually filmed his scenes.
As for Rogue's mom, like I said, yeah she's listed as cast but how do we know she even went before the cameras? Maybe her scenes were never filmed.
It could be a snapshot though i somehow doubt it. It's from those batch of leaked stills from you-know-who and most if not all of them have been officially released seen in still format or video.

On Lennox - He even commented on it in a interview. I don't remember where it was posted though.

I think we'll have to see it for ourselves May 26th and go in with a checklist to know for sure!:D

Retroman said:
It could be a snapshot though i somehow doubt it. It's from those batch of leaked stills from you-know-who and most if not all of them have been officially released seen in still format or video.
Mmm, there were pics of Angel in suit (and I think shirtless) from her that I think are promo pics.

Endeavor said:
good point.

hmm
James Bamford was credited too on X2 in the production notes and we all know that scene was shot but never released.:(

I'm sure it's been said, but how is the suggested runtime 104 minutes when at the premiere it clocked in at around 2 hours according to Darkie who clocked the movie? Unless the international cut is going to be shorter than the domestic one?

Retroman said:

She had pictures that were not film stills also... There's something about that picture which tells me it was the actors hanging out waiting for their time to film and someone snapped a pic to use for press junkets.
Let's analyze it. All 3 of them look gleefuly happy. We know that when Storm sees Beast for the first time in the film Bobby is not around (that's when they gligle and talk about each other's hair). So if this is from a scene it must take place at a later time in the story. However in that same scene where Storm first encounters Beast he shares the news of the 'cure' and the atmosphere quickly turns tense and somber. With that in mind it doesn't make sense the 3 of them would be so happy, especially since this story is full of death, war and betrayal.
It could be a film still sure, but I have some doubts about it.

yeah, x2 totally did drag on at the end. that's why i wanted x3 to be in between x1 and x2's length. i didnt want it to become the shortest of the three. overall, i'm sure it'll be ok though. but i wanted more than "ok".

and 95 minute action movies are usually single situations movies, like 'phone booth' or something, where they only need a set up and a finish, with no complications. i hope x3 doesnt lose all of it's depth.

Storm22 said:
I think we'll have to see it for ourselves May 26th and go in with a checklist to know for sure!:D
Yes:D :up:

Kanon said:
Mmm, there were pics of Angel in suit (and I think shirtless) from her that I think are promo pics.
It was all just for promotion. Just like all the shots of Cyclops in suit.:mad:

Either this Movie was really edited badly to make running time shorter ala Fantastic Four & more then what was promised was left out. Or FOX screwed over the Press Screenings :o

Retroman said:
James Bamford was credited too on X2 in the production notes and we all know that scene was shot but never released.:(

Yeah I know, but with X2 we expected a lot of things like that since we knew they were cutting things out. I'm playing devil's advocate on this issue for X3 going by the comment the writers and Ratner gave us saying almost nothing was cut.

Strgts said:
Either this Movie was really edited badly to make running time shorter ala Fantastic Four & more then what was promised was left out. Or FOX screwed over the Press Screenings :o

I have a feeling that is the case. The film clocked in at around 2 hours with credits at the premiere in Mexico which the stars of the film attended.

Retroman said:
It was all just for promotion. Just like all the shots of Cyclops in suit.:mad:

I'm still holding out for Angel in the final battle. :( :up:

Downhere said:
I have a feeling that is the case. The film clocked in at around 2 hours with credits at the premiere in Mexico which the stars of the film attended.

But why would FOX give these guys not the right time ? They are going to piss off alot of People if this really does happen

WorthyStevens4 said:
I'm still holding out for Angel in the final battle. :( :up:

Oh he'll be in Alcatraz... but not fighting :( :down

Why do people keep agonizing over this stuff?
Cyclops dies mkay? Angel doesnt fight no one. Beast gets Kitty pregneant.

GET OVER IT.

Strgts said:
But why would FOX give these guys not the right time ? They are going to piss off alot of People if this really does happen

What could have happened was that Fox had to turn in a version of the film to screen for critics. It is possible they took out certain FX heavy scenes that weren't finished in order to meet the deadline for the press screening while continuing to work on them for the theatrical release. Hence, the runtime for the premiere being 2 hours.

Downhere said:
What could have happened was that Fox had to turn in a version of the film to screen for critics. It is possible they took out certain FX heavy scenes that weren't finished in order to meet the deadline for the press screening while continuing to work on them for the theatrical release. Hence, the runtime for the premiere being 2 hours.

But for examble the Bobby & Kitty Scenes which was said was left out at that one Critics Screening thats heavy sfx required now is it

Endeavor said:
She had pictures that were not film stills also... There's something about that picture which tells me it was the actors hanging out waiting for their time to film and someone snapped a pic to use for press junkets.
Let's analyze it. All 3 of them look gleefuly happy. We know that when Storm sees Beast for the first time in the film Bobby is not around (that's when they gligle and talk about each other's hair). So if this is from a scene it must take place at a later time in the story. However in that same scene where Storm first encounters Beast he shares the news of the 'cure' and the atmosphere quickly turns tense and somber. With that in mind it doesn't make sense the 3 of them would be so happy, especially since this story is full of death, war and betrayal.
It could be a film still sure, but I have some doubts about it.
Iceman greets the kids in the teaser trailer. He's wearing the same clothes as that still. It looks like he's been 'promoted' (if it is a still) so thats why he's standing with Beast and Storm like its the first school day post-war, smiling.

cap0727qo.jpg

We'll see.:)

Mic said:
Why do people keep agonizing over this stuff?
Cyclops dies mkay? Angel doesnt fight no one. Beast gets Kitty pregneant.

GET OVER IT.

I'm touched you are perturbed by others' agony... and such a gentile way of expressing your concern too! We need more samaritans like you :down

It will be fast paced, no doubt. But with less time for closure and so many story arcs, character development will be sacrificed. On a positive note, the film will likely have a ton of eye candy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"