Iron Man 2 Sam Rockwell is Justin Hammer

Rockwell has that thing where you can love him one second and utterly hate his guts the next,it's going to be something to see against RDJ

I have a feeling Rockwell is going to own this character and possibly the movie.

^I have the same feeling. No offense to Rourke, I loved him in Sin City, but I'm more excited about Rockwell.

I'd be more excited if Rockwell was HAwkeye, but Hammer is cool too

I know about Justin Hammer.
I don't think i could pick Sam Rockwell out of a line-up.

He been in anything cool-I can't place his face.

^Confessions of a Dangerous Mind
Choke
The Green Mile(he was Billy the Kid)
Matchstick Men

to name a few.

^Confessions of a Dangerous Mind
Choke
The Green Mile(he was Billy the Kid)
Matchstick Men

to name a few.

Don't forget Galaxy Quest and Charlie's Angels. He was awesome in both of those.

From Favs' Twitter:

Jon Favreau said:
Rehearsed today with Mr. Rockwell. http://twitpic.com/2hf93
SOURCE

Here's the pic:
4172151.jpg

Thanks Chewy. Still wondering how their gonna do his character. Will he be Tony's age or be young in flashbacks dealing with Howard. We remain in the dark for now.

Nice!

Can't wait to see how Rockwell is going to play Hammer.

Thanks Chewy. Still wondering how their gonna do his character. Will he be Tony's age or be young in flashbacks dealing with Howard. We remain in the dark for now.

Yeah, that crossed my mind to, because in the comics Hammer is around 80 yrs old, but it looks like they have updated him going with a "evil" version of Stark, hope Favreau clears that up sooner or later.

Rockwell is an exceptional actor, and I'm sure that he'll do Hammer justice.

e3b6d.jpg

Something's wrong with this picture. Tip of the tounge... what could it be. Oh, I don't know... AGE? Unless they're putting on some serious make up, it'll be impossible to tell that he's Justin Hammer. You know that something's wrong when PETER CUSHING would've been a better choice.

e3b6d.jpg

Something's wrong with this picture. Tip of the tounge... what could it be. Oh, I don't know... AGE? Unless they're putting on some serious make up, it'll be impossible to tell that he's Justin Hammer. You know that something's wrong when PETER CUSHING would've been a better choice.

You do know that Peter Cushing's been dead for 15 years, don't you? :oldrazz:

They're clearly going with a different take on the character in terms of age. I personally dont see what the big deal is.

I just hope he's not playing a 70 year old... just make him a Tony rival... rather than a Howard Stark rival. An update could work well.

You do know that Peter Cushing's been dead for 15 years, don't you? :oldrazz:

They're clearly going with a different take on the character in terms of age. I personally dont see what the big deal is.

Actually that's not really clear at all, which is the point of my post above.

Based on that look I am thinking MIT rival of Tony's that went on to do great things himself.

That's a good thought Tonle.

I like the look alot. And besides, this is early stages, the look could change. Hell, Bridges shaved his head. I think as Rockwell's hair grows they might make it looser and make some minor changes. But I like what I see. And it's cool to see a guy closer to Stark's age. The mirror image of Stark. I hope he's handeled well. I have a feeling he won't have alot of screentime though.

I have a feeling he won't have alot of screentime though.

Whatever... it is what it is. Only so many stars you can have when there is limited screen time to go around... but with the Rourkes, Scar Jo's, and SLJ's of the world that won't be possible... not that I am complaining about that. I could still see him having a substantial role still. We'll have to wait and see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"