San Diego Comic-Con 2010!

I'll look into that, maybe I can just hop on the Metrolink and cruise down to the CC.

Word to the wise, 4 day passes are currently for sale on the official website.

So, the schedules for Wednesday and Thursday are out. Who's doing what?

Preview night seems just to be one event unless I am mistaken.

The next day I might catch the megamind but I also want to go to the mythology discussion.

Wieg, we have to liase on Wendesday.

So what's the when/where for our first group meeting on Preview Night? I figured we could meet somewhere around 12-1pm at the Marriott where a few of you are staying, go to Preview Night, then get dinner and catch a late showing of Inception.

Guys,

I have a question. I was trying to set up a scedule for myself and was wondering. For the big panels such as Marvel Studio's or DC's how much time before it starts do we need to start getting in line for it? I understand capacity in Hall H is 6.5k. I am reading reports that you need to get in there very early to have a shot of seeing the late shows. Is that accurate?

Of course, we could just discuss it on Wednesday....

Last edited:
Last year, I waited in line for IM2 in Hall H for 4-5 hours, and still didn't get in. They don't clear out rooms between panels, so everyone who had gotten in early was sticking around the whole day just for Iron Man. Between the IM panel and one before it, we were told only about 100 people were leaving because everyone else wanted to see IM.

If you want to see GL, your best bet is to lineup first thing in the morning because you'll also be fighting for seats with all the Potter fans. If you want to see Thor/Cap, then you should probably plan on spending the day in Hall H (getting in for, or right after, GL).

I'm actually seriously thinking of skipping Hall H completely on Saturday (except for maybe Kevin Smith), and going to a bunch of other panels. I don't want to blow my Saturday waiting in line again, or sitting through panels I don't care about when I could be doing other stuff.

I see then it is really a choice of getting in line first thing in the morning for a 6-7 showing; skipping everything else.

Hmm I guess I will reassess once we are there.

Last year, I waited in line for IM2 in Hall H for 4-5 hours, and still didn't get in. They don't clear out rooms between panels, so everyone who had gotten in early was sticking around the whole day just for Iron Man. Between the IM panel and one before it, we were told only about 100 people were leaving because everyone else wanted to see IM.

If you want to see GL, your best bet is to lineup first thing in the morning because you'll also be fighting for seats with all the Potter fans. If you want to see Thor/Cap, then you should probably plan on spending the day in Hall H (getting in for, or right after, GL).

I'm actually seriously thinking of skipping Hall H completely on Saturday (except for maybe Kevin Smith), and going to a bunch of other panels. I don't want to blow my Saturday waiting in line again, or sitting through panels I don't care about when I could be doing other stuff.

I'll be camping out in Hall H all day - so if you change your mind and come to Hall H after all, the time might pass quicker with company! :awesome:

Back to Wednesday, will we say meet at 12 noon in the main lobby of the Marriott hotel? Who is gonna be there?

I'll be camping out in Hall H all day - so if you change your mind and come to Hall H after all, the time might pass quicker with company! :awesome:

Back to Wednesday, will we say meet at 12 noon in the main lobby of the Marriott hotel? Who is gonna be there?

It looks like I will be doing the same thing on Saturday. Can we relay? In so far we hold each other's place in line in case somebody needs to step out for a bit.

I will not be able to meet on Wednesday until later. My plane lands at 12 and will be checking in at the Hilton first. Then I have to check in Wieg and Green Lantern at the Marriott. I don't think it will be all done until at least 2/2:30.

By the way, you have extremely beautiful golf courses in your country. I just came back from a trip to St. Andrews.

It looks like I will be doing the same thing on Saturday. Can we relay? In so far we hold each other's place in line in case somebody needs to step out for a bit.

I will not be able to meet on Wednesday until later. My plane lands at 12 and will be checking in at the Hilton first. Then I have to check in Wieg and Green Lantern at the Marriott. I don't think it will be all done until at least 2/2:30.

By the way, you have extremely beautiful golf courses in your country. I just came back from a trip to St. Andrews.

Unfortunately, there's no holding place in line, from what I remember. If you're even accused of cutting ahead, no proof necessary, they'll kick you to the back of the line.

I have to drop off my car at the airport and meet GL there in the morning. Maybe we can wait for you and all share a cab to the Hilton/Marriott? Assuming there aren't free shuttles, which I would be surprised if there wasn't.

So what time should we all meet at the Marriott then? 2:30pm?

Oh, and on the subject of Scotland and golf, yeah - a couple of friends of mine went to university at St. Andrews, and said up there it's pretty much essential that you play golf. As for me, my expertise doesn't extend much further than crazy golf.

Unfortunately, there's no holding place in line, from what I remember. If you're even accused of cutting ahead, no proof necessary, they'll kick you to the back of the line.

I have to drop off my car at the airport and meet GL there in the morning. Maybe we can wait for you and all share a cab to the Hilton/Marriott? Assuming there aren't free shuttles, which I would be surprised if there wasn't.

Well my plane lands around 12:05 from Los Angeles. I fyou guys want to wait that would be great. I was in any case planning on hiring a car service through the Hilton. And you could always share that ride with me.

I have booked a car to pick me up at the airport at 12:20 so you guys are welcome to join me if you wish to do so.

Wieg I will call call you on the number you gave me on Monday or Tuesday and you can tell me then whether you guys will be joining me at the airport or whether I meet you later in the hotel.

See you guys next week.

Can't wait. Look forward to meeting all of you and having a blast!

I'm good with that. We're talking SD International Airport, right? I have to be there before 9 to drop off my rental car. I think GL gets in around that time, so we can hang out until you arrive.

GL needs the extra time to plant the dirty bomb he's going to take us all hostage with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"