San Diego Comic Con & Action figures: How many & what price

Snap Wilson

Civilian
Reaction score
Any fire sales on ML at the San Diego Comic Con ( for those that go).... How are the prices on recent action figures such as ML, Marvel Select, DC Direct.........

How much do the variants sell for

My thoughts exactly.

BTW Santo, I need to talk to you.

Don't look for deals at conventions. I've never been to San Diego, but I've been to MegaCon a few times and even fairly common recent figures command more than retail, mostly because they're MOC.

If you're looking for deals, try loose lots on eBay.

Yep, or try trading here.

I've heard horror stories of people buying figs at cons.

ya i wouldnt buy figs at cons unless i really couldnt fine em anywhere else.. you gotta look at it this way, there not liscened dealers like toy r us or target.. instead there like comic shops and collector stores, wich over price..

Yep. Big time. I remember on fwoosh this guy said he saw some common MLs for $20 apiece. And variants close or over $50. And it was MLs that had just come out (around ML9-10 I think).

when I went to Wizard World Boston a lot of the dealers that were there had great prices on newer figs because they bought them in bulk at a lower rate.

Even older figs had some decent prices on them. I guess it just depends on what con you're at and what you're looking for.

I guess in Cali they're just hardcore scalpers.

I'm guessing it just has to do with the size of the show and the fact that vendors know that the attendees have money to spend.

Hence higher prices. Haggling always works, and you can try pitting one dealer against another when you do that. It's amazing how low you can talk them down when they'd rather take your $10 instead of you giving $12 to someone else for a figure.

True.

BTW Guy, did you get a Bret/HBK Screwjob 2pack yet?? I've bee watching ebay, they've been hitting some high prices. One I was watching went over $70

I was fortunate enough to come up with some extra cash and had one of the Mod's on the WrestlingFigs boards nab one for me at $54 delivered....I posted it in the Figs thread, but it must have gone unnoticed in the midst of Rough's deal.

I'm geeked I was able to get one at that price and I'm going to check Ringsidefest.com tomorrow morning to see if any are available from them and at what price, because I'd like to have a second set.

ringsidefest.com is gonna sell them?? Man, I gotta check there.

Thats not a bad price bro. But damn, I'd be soooo tempted to open it. :(

The temptation will be there, but I figure since I've almost always collected MOC I can resist it.

Besides so long as RSF's website is selling them for around $50 (speculation) I think I'll get a second set to open up.

Pricey? Yes. Worth it since that Bret will never be a single figure? Absolutely.

Also this DA Bret sucks, I really hope they change it...

4e04pk0.jpg

Guy Gardner said:
The temptation will be there, but I figure since I've almost always collected MOC I can resist it.

Besides so long as RSF's website is selling them for around $50 (speculation) I think I'll get a second set to open up.

Pricey? Yes. Worth it since that Bret will never be a single figure? Absolutely.

Also this DA Bret sucks, I really hope they change it...

4e04pk0.jpg

I'd fork over $50 for it, no doubt. I want it big time.

As far as the DA Bret, yep, it sucks all kinds of ass. I'll get it though and have him ready for a headswap. I'll just have to buy two of the next CS Bret fig (the black w/ blue stripe version) so one can be for a head swap.

What i really want too is the Demolition 2pack.

yeah, Demolition does look pretty good, but I hear there's a 3-pk with Crush coming out next year

I honestly could care less about Crush. Ax and Smash are the only two of any importance to me.

But I me and my brother (who I have a joint WWE collection with) were gonna get the Samoans a few days ago at TRU but we didn't (we decided to hit up some other stores and we bougth a few singles like Nikolai, Greg the Hammer, blue trunks Hogan and I got the Rocky in his red/yellow robe) but its OK now because Wal-Mart is gonna get a Samoans and Capt Lou Albano 3pack!! Gotta have the Samoans with Capt Lou.

I saw the rest of the DA Classics wave 2 and the British Bulldog looks cool. May get him and aslong as Kevin Nash has a good face sculpt I'll get him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"