Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark

Reaction score
EXCLUSIVE: Young actress Zoe Colletti is attached as part of the ensemble cast of Scary Stories to Tell In The Dark, the Guillermo Del Toro-produced film based on the Alvin Schwartz’s internationally best-selling book of the same title. The Oscar-winning Shape Of Water director adapted the screenplay with Patrick Melton, Marcus Dunstan, Dan Hageman and Kevin Hageman.

The Scary Stories script hails from Kevin Hageman and Dan Hageman, who co-wrote with del Toro and Patrick Melton & Marcus Dunstan. At one point, del Toro was planning to direct the film himself. Last year, however, he handed directorial duties over to Øvredal. Øvredal is a great horror filmmaker, responsible for Trollhunter and the spooky, atmospheric Autopsy of Jane Doe.

Starts filming in a few days.

3GeiQmS.jpg

I had the script for that for ages and never got around to read it. Del Toro is so hit or miss for me

If they can capture this level of intensity then they should be good.

Why is there 2 threads for this? Anyway a trailer is going to drop this Sunday.

They need to be merged obviously.

That last poster need to be in every theatre just to freak people out.

So this film be comprised of multiple short stories like the books? Or some kind of new single-story version?

I'm curious how they're going to pull this off. I feel like a collection or short stories like the book would be the best route.

:50 I can't remember what that woman was called in the story but she looks good!

I see the kid from The Walking Dead is getting typecast as a *****ebag...

This movie is PG-13 but that last trailer made it almost seem like an R. I think the marketing might fool people into thinking this isn’t appropriate for younger kids at all and is more of a Blumhouse film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"