Scorsese To Direct A Sinatra Film?

Oh, this sounds spectacular.

He's not gonna cast leo though. He already played Hughes.

Hopefully it doesnt stop him from making Silence.

http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/05/14/could-johnny-depp-be-martin-scorseses-sinatra/#more-28161

Could Johnny Depp Be Martin Scorsese’s Sinatra?
Posted on Thursday, May 14th, 2009 at 11:36 am by: Peter Sciretta

Yesterday it was announced that Martin Scorsese finally on board to direct a Frank Sinatra biopic titled Sinatra. Well guess what? The casting rumors have already begun. Nikki Finke claims that Johnny Depp is Universal’s top choice to play old blue eyes. Depp and Scorsese have yet to work together, and this project seems to be a perfect fit.

According the Finke, it has already been determinated that whomever is hired to play Frank, will not be sining. Universal made a huge deal with the Sinatra Estate and Warner Music Group, which allows them to use any of Frank’s original recordings. They might even have access to unreleased material like demos. Sinatra’s daughter Tina, who is exec producing the film, has said that she would “trust Scorsese implicitly” to “present the truth” about her father, basically giving him free reign.

Phil Alden Robinson is writing the screenplay, titled simply Sinatra. Robinson is probably best known as the writer/director of Sneakers and Field of Dreams, which he was nominated for an Academy Award.

Discuss: What do you think of the choice of Johnny Depp? Who should play Sinatra?

I am honestly trying to think who would make a good young Sinatra..for the life of me, it's hard as **** to find someone.

Johnny is known for his brown eyes..it wouuld be weird to see him with blue eyes.

As good as an actor as Depp is I can't see him as Sinatra.My GF is a Big time Sinatra and she said she can really see James Marsden in the role.

Maybe a skinnier Chris Pine could pull it off. Depp is too old to play a young Sinatra. Unless the movie is about older Sinatra.

This movie cries out for an unknown in the lead. There are so many talented actors out there ready for their big break. Heck, there must be thousands in New York City alone. Get one of them. It would be disappointing if they went with Depp or especially DiCaprio(there are not enough words to say how wrong he would be for this role).

As good as an actor as Depp is I can't see him as Sinatra.My GF is a Big time Sinatra and she said she can really see James Marsden in the role.

I really like this idea.

Ring a ding ding, he finally gets the girl. Hell, GIRLS.

I should play Sinatra dammit!

LOL, just kidding. But I actually can do Sinatra's singing voice pretty well. Actually, as an actor, this would be a dream role to play, but I'm not famous so, oh well...

As for Depp... I think he's a bit too old now if they want this film to be about Frank's early years. I guess he could look the part but I can't help but think that there's somebody perfect out there and it's not Depp.

franksinatramugshotnndb.jpg

1795605017956051medium.jpg

Wow, that actually is pretty close.

Well, one thing's for sure... if Marsden lands the role of Sinatra, he'll actually be the guy who gets the girl (or several hundred girls) for once.

For real, Marsden gets shafted in all of his movies.

Marsden needs to play older, more sophisticated people in movies. No more "30 something still trying to relive his 20's" roles that he's used to.

Marsden really would be perfect for this. Not only does he look the part, but the guy can sing (yes, I actually sat through Enchanted).

Hey, Enchanted was good, don't hate...and not just because of the eerily well done CG chipmunk and the somewhat fetishistic innocence of Amy Adams' character. :o

LOL, yeah, it was okay. And you're right... my God, was Amy Adams gorgeous in that movie.

Didn't Marsden sing in Hairspray, too?

...:o

Lets hope Scorsese doesn't do the predictable and cast Leo as Sinatra. He can't sing....

I think James Marsden would be a great choice!

I am tired of Leo in Scorsese movies. Man, Leo needs to be in an action movie or a comedy or something. I am tired of him being in all of the Oscar bait films.

three names pop into mind:

1. Casey Affleck
2. Michael Shannon
3. Robert Downey Jr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"