Scorsese To Direct A Sinatra Film?

Casey Affleck? Hmmm.... that's interesting.

I am tired of Leo in Scorsese movies. Man, Leo needs to be in an action movie or a comedy or something. I am tired of him being in all of the Oscar bait films.

He's going to keep doing it until he wins an Oscar. Of course not all actors go the action or comedy route after they win their Oscar.

three names pop into mind:

1. Casey Affleck
2. Michael Shannon
3. Robert Downey Jr.

Affleck... maybe.

Shannon? Seriously?

RDJ is great, but he's too old now, unless they're going for middle-aged Sinatra.

James Marsden or Casey Affleck would be great choices ahead of Leo.

Leo won't play him. Like I said, he already played Hughes. ANd Gardner is involved I take it so Leo playing Sinatra already being involved with her as hughes will confuse people.

I am tired of Leo in Scorsese movies. Man, Leo needs to be in an action movie or a comedy or something. I am tired of him being in all of the Oscar bait films.
thats why i have a problem with Leo. he is so obvious doing those oscars movies IMO.

imo he doesnt have the balls to take a risky movie and really show that he can play someone that noone expected. and i think he could do it.

Affleck... maybe.

Shannon? Seriously?

RDJ is great, but he's too old now, unless they're going for middle-aged Sinatra.

I chose Affleck because he has the look

Shannon has the acting chops

and Downey has the attitude...wish we could throw them all together.

Google Sinatra, Scorsese and James Marsden...the internet community is already mentioning it.

I wonder if the rest of the Rat Pack will be appearing as well? I'll probably get hammered for even suggesting this but from physical appearance, I can see Sammy Davis Jr. being played by Andre '3000' Benjamin (of Outkast).

sammydavisjr.jpg
Andre_Benjamin-1.jpg

For some reason when I looked at the picture I saw Tim Meadows. :yay:

It could be a longshot because of some of the roles he's done but it is a good suggestion. I'm a fan of Leo's but i don't think he would be right for the part either. Marsden could suprise us and under scorsese he has a good chance.

I think Scorsese could use a lesser known actor for the role. But this film is a long way off. I can't wait for his Vietnam film.

I would be more interested to see a Sammy Davis Jr. movie.
Or even a Dean Martin one.

A Dean Martin movie would be cool because the actor would have act drunk the entire film.

It could be a longshot because of some of the roles he's done but it is a good suggestion. I'm a fan of Leo's but i don't think he would be right for the part either. Marsden could suprise us and under scorsese he has a good chance.

I think James Marsden under the direction of Scorsese would be the way to go IMO.

Marsden has untapped talent and he deserves a shot at a role like this.

IF they do go with Marsden, the rest of the cast will definitely be of the A-list variety since Marsden is more of a fanboy fave than anything. It'll be in the vein of Notorious where most of the cast was more well known than the guy playing Biggie.

IF they do go with Marsden, the rest of the cast will definitely be of the A-list variety since Marsden is more of a fanboy fave than anything. It'll be in the vein of Notorious where most of the cast was more well known than the guy playing Biggie.

Definitely. The supporting cast would be A listers if Marsden were lucky enough to land this gig.

I'm rooting for him though.

Definitely. The supporting cast would be A listers if Marsden were lucky enough to land this gig.

I'm rooting for him though.

Rachel Weisz as Hooker #2

Josh Brolin as Guy playing trumpet behind Tommy Dorsey

:o

If the Rat Pack is in this movie, here are some ideas...

Frank Sinatra: James Marsden
Dean Martin: Craig Bierko
Sammy Davis Jr.: Taye Diggs

No idea on Peter Lawford and Joey Bishop though.

I don't get why people are saying Leo is dumb and is only picking "Oscar bait" films.

He's smart and doesn't want to do bad films. And I doubt he never thinks, "Wow, this will get me an Oscar!" when he reads the script. No wonder his career has been great. He's made smart choices into doing GOOD movies.

^They want to see him branch out, but he's done some crap in his younger days. I hate bringing up Bale again, as most of us tend to do in every damn thread, but he's not out there attempting to play crap, he's choosy about his roles as well as who he works with. Leo has just been in the game a little longer here in the states.

God i hope this is a mistake and they're actually considering Foxx to play the role of Sammy Davis

http://www.imdb.com/news/ns0000002/#ni0788919
Foxx To Play Sinatra?
18 May 2009 1:00 AM, PDT

Jamie Foxx has been tipped to play late Rat Pack crooner Frank Sinatra, according to reports.

Leonardo DiCaprio and Harry Connick Jr. were among the names rumoured to be in contention for the role after it was announced earlier this month that filmmaker Martin Scorsese will direct a biopic.

But now African-American actor Foxx, who won an Oscar for his portrayal of Ray Charles in 2004's Ray, has emerged as the favourite to play Ol' Blue Eyes.

And studio bosses are convinced Foxx has the charisma and talent to tackle the role of Sinatra, who died in 1998.

An insider tells Britain's Daily Star, "Jamie would seem to be born to the role. Magnificent voice, convincing acting ability - like Frank himself - born the wrong side of the tracks, makes it big against all odds, has his brush with authority. The guy's a gift."

Jamie Foxx is too big to play "Shrimp" Sammy Davis Jr. I'm sure there are other African American actors out there that can pull the role off. Hell, too bad Chris Meadows isn't considered a draw, his Sammy was great in SNL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"