Scrubs: Season 8 on a new network

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Scrubs, but this is the first show I've watched since Stargate SG-1 that refuses to die (Stargate ran for 10 seasons, but was originally cancelled at 5, then 6, then 7)

To be fair, they were filming Season 7 to be the last one, but the strike screwed everything up.

Behind the scenes:

[YT]hZrmRC-lS34[/YT]

Yeah it looks like JD might get a beard.

I'm thinking in either his love of Dr. Cox, or he starts going on a downward spiral.

Well if Conan O'Brien can grow a beard, so can Zack Braff.

Zach braff yes...but John Dorian...no.

that would be a nice spin on things if JD just gets all depressed n stuff. and dr cox has to pull him through.

i heard a rumor after season 6 that if there was a 7 that JD would be hospitalized and cox never leaves his side. so hopefully they do that in season 8. to me that what seasons 4-7 lacked...the seriousness of being in a hospital, mixed with comedy, with the characters we care about...think about the characters killed off the past couple seasons, laverne, that annoying lady who overdosed on pesticides, and that other girl who sings when shes in heave.... not saying main characters should die, but the emphasis on people we dont care about was stupid... i mean Laverne? she has, one good line a season.

I'm thinking this final season will have a little bit everything, that would be great.

the thing is, if they are going back to season 1-3 formula, and the show does really well i hope they dont bring it back for season 9 and 10 etc... end it!

I think the creator is positive he is gonna end it after this season.

Zach braff yes...but John Dorian...no.

that would be a nice spin on things if JD just gets all depressed n stuff. and dr cox has to pull him through.

i heard a rumor after season 6 that if there was a 7 that JD would be hospitalized and cox never leaves his side. so hopefully they do that in season 8. to me that what seasons 4-7 lacked...the seriousness of being in a hospital, mixed with comedy, with the characters we care about...think about the characters killed off the past couple seasons, laverne, that annoying lady who overdosed on pesticides, and that other girl who sings when shes in heave.... not saying main characters should die, but the emphasis on people we dont care about was stupid... i mean Laverne? she has, one good line a season.

That singing woman didn't die.

yes she did. the one who thinks heaven is like a musical?

we're talking about different episodes...your thinking of the My Musical episode, im talking about a different one.

I love Scrubs, but this is the first show I've watched since Stargate SG-1 that refuses to die (Stargate ran for 10 seasons, but was originally cancelled at 5, then 6, then 7)

The show doesn't refuse to die. It went 7 seasons and the creators wanted to end it. Scrubs wouldn't get canceled, and hasn't gone beyond it's lifetime.

Yeah it looks like JD might get a beard.

That might have been a beard zach grew for the strike. they may have been filming an episode without jd. they have a few every season where even jd gets an episode off.

the thing is, if they are going back to season 1-3 formula, and the show does really well i hope they dont bring it back for season 9 and 10 etc... end it!

Lawrence wanted to end it this season. but the writers strike took away half their episodes. NBC wanted to let them film ONE more. Bill didn't want to try and end it with one episode.

we're talking about different episodes...your thinking of the My Musical episode, im talking about a different one.

You're thinking of "My Philosophy" from season two. Where the transplant patient died at the end and sang a song.

ohhh i thought that was season 4 for some reason :( :o

The show doesn't refuse to die. It went 7 seasons and the creators wanted to end it. Scrubs wouldn't get canceled, and hasn't gone beyond it's lifetime.
Season 8 will be this show's third "final" season. Season 6 was supposed to be the last, which is why they went as far as to kill off Laverne. When they were suddenly renewed for a 7th season, you can tell they tried to back-track by rehiring the actress who played Laverne to play Shirley. 7 was supposed to be the last, but they just renewed it again.

It's not that I think the show is stale or has gone beyond its shelf life, but they just keep. on. ending it, then renewing. After hearing that season 6 was the last, I didn't even catch the premiere of season 7.

Season 8 will be this show's third "final" season. Season 6 was supposed to be the last, which is why they went as far as to kill off Laverne. When they were suddenly renewed for a 7th season, you can tell they tried to back-track by rehiring the actress who played Laverne to play Shirley. 7 was supposed to be the last, but they just renewed it again.

It's not that I think the show is stale or has gone beyond its shelf life, but they just keep. on. ending it, then renewing. After hearing that season 6 was the last, I didn't even catch the premiere of season 7.

7 would have been the last. if they had gotten a full season.

7 would have been the last. if they had gotten a full season.
Right, but season 6 was going to be the last, too. The ratings just turned out to be good, and the production team changed their minds some point after "My Long Goodbye" was written.

"It's just that Aloma's such a nice woman. When I thought last year* was the last year, we killed her. And then it looked like it suddenly might not be the last year and I didn't want to rewrite all of those scripts."
--Bill Lawrence
Source: TV Guide

*last year referring to season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"