• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Scrubs: Season 8 on a new network

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it have killed NBC to just air season 8 on their station?

6 was supposed to be the last, then 7, now 8...

why exactly is there complaining? bring on more scrubs.

I'm not complaining about more Scrubs, I'm just befuddled as to why NBC wouldn't want to air season 8 themselves.

I'm complaining because they're playing with my emotions. Is more Scrubs good? Yes. It's just that after Stargate SG-1 (Showtime cancelled it after season 5, Sci-Fi picked it up for season 6 only, then gave it a 7th. 7th was supposed to be the last and topped off with a TV movie, but they just renewed it for an 8th. After the 8th season, the production team went wild and introduced more and more plot points until the network forcibly cancelled it after season 10, and the conclusion had to go straight to DVD as a movie), I've gotten tired of networks and producers playing around with whether or not they cancel their shows. If Scrubs gets renewed for a full 9th season on ABC, I'm gonna flip out.

6 was supposed to be the last, then 7, now 8...

why exactly is there complaining? bring on more scrubs.

Six was never intended to be the last season. Braff had speculated during season 5 that they'd probably want to move on after season 6, but that was never more than his speculation.

Lawrence really wants to end the series on his own terms. That's the only reason they're coming back. He just didn't get a chance to wrap it up the way he wanted to, due to the strike.

I'm not complaining about more Scrubs, I'm just befuddled as to why NBC wouldn't want to air season 8 themselves.

NBC has never treated Scrubs with the respect it deserved. It brought in a ton of ratings, but they continuously screwed with the time slot and the night and everything they could to spit in the face of one of their cash cows.

I don't know why ABC didn't pick it up to begin with, considering it's created by ABC studios.

I'm complaining because they're playing with my emotions. Is more Scrubs good? Yes. It's just that after Stargate SG-1 (Showtime cancelled it after season 5, Sci-Fi picked it up for season 6 only, then gave it a 7th. 7th was supposed to be the last and topped off with a TV movie, but they just renewed it for an 8th. After the 8th season, the production team went wild and introduced more and more plot points until the network forcibly cancelled it after season 10, and the conclusion had to go straight to DVD as a movie), I've gotten tired of networks and producers playing around with whether or not they cancel their shows. If Scrubs gets renewed for a full 9th season on ABC, I'm gonna flip out.

There's no playing around. The creators want to end the show a specific way, and they got screwed out of that chance. Now they're being given a fantastic shot and doing just that. Bill Lawrence once said that he'd film the episodes even if he had to sell 2 million muffins to cover the cost. ABC studios is already paying half the bill to film the episodes. I guess it makes sense that the network pick them up for a final run, considering they'll make more money on it than a direct to dvd.

i can't wait two of my fave shows come back including this one..

Six was never intended to be the last season.
Show creator Bill Lawrence certainly thought season 6 was going to be the last season. Did you not read my quote from earlier? "When I thought last year was the last year..." It's from just before season 7 started airing.

Show creator Bill Lawrence certainly thought season 6 was going to be the last season. Did you not read my quote from earlier? "When I thought last year was the last year..." It's from just before season 7 started airing.

The difference being that in season six they didn't -want- to end. It was an issue where they didn't get renewed till the last minute, and thought the network was dropping them.

This is bill ending the show on his own terms. I respect him for wanting to bring it back for a seventh season if it allows him to wrap it up like he wants.
I don't think a dump truck of money could make Lawrence go beyond his ending arc this season.

And they definitively said (both Lawrence and Braff) that Season 7 would be it.

But then the strike happened. That was completely and entirely out of their control.

So when ABC offered to let them end it next year, they took the chance. They respect that the fans want a real ending, and they intend to give it to them.

Look, at least this show wasn't on FOX. They cancel anything that's worth watching within a season or two.

season 6 was most definately going to be the last season up until about the midpoint.

well zach braff and judy reyes will not be returning after season 8...but abc is thinking about keeping some of the old, with new interns to reboot....please..**** NO.

and
apparently elliot and jd dont get together

well zach braff and judy reyes will not be returning after season 8...but abc is thinking about keeping some of the old, with new interns to reboot....please..**** NO.

and

good

and
I dont think i want them to carry on without J.D.

Hopefully this year. Can't wait much longer.

any news? i searched on google a date and i couldnt find it

This show has one of the biggst endurance histories for a show that was never a major ratings hit I´ve ever seen. I believe there has been talk of cancellation since season 2, comes to show what a loyal fanbase it has.

i like it. i think JD was in the last seasons more crazy then in he first.

The new season will start airing Jan. 6th!

I'd heard they wanted to bring back all previous guest stars, but NBC wouldn't let 'em have the gift shop girl who is currently on Chuck.

i like it. i think JD was in the last seasons more crazy then in he first.

Most definitely crazier than the first season. But substantially less crazy than seasons 5 or 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"