Scrubs: Season 8 on a new network

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was the one bright spot of crappy Scrubs 2.0.

The worst thing about Scrubs 2.0 was that it could've been actually good for several reasons:

1. Zach Braff should've only appeared in the first two episodes. I have two reasons for it. One, you screwed the audience over into thinking it was going to be about JD. They should've just handed to the torch in one or two episodes instead of six. Second, JD was more annoying than ever. Its like he regressed even worse than the some of the episodes of Scrubs 1.0.

2. Lucy should've never been the main character. Even though I will admit she was cute, that won't make up for her being unfunny, and the actress having none of the comedic timing nor charisma that JD had. Before Scrubs 2.0, Lucy was described as having JD, Eliot, and Turk fused into one character, and while I saw no Turk in her, I saw mostly only the negative qualities of JD and Eliot.

3. Drew should've been the main character. Drew was the best thing about Scrubs 2.0 whose name wasn't Perry Cox. Not only was he funny, but he had a more fresher story than Lucy that would've been more original.

3. They should've had better supporting characters. I don't mean the major ones like Denise and Cole (to be honest he was getting better). But I'm talking about the more minor ones like the security guards. Look at the lesser characters they had to replace.

Carla (though not as less as the others)
Janitor
Ted
Doug

Are these same writers that written the earlier Scrubs seasons? The show hit its peak during the last season and they didn't need to come back with another season. I really hope they cancel the show. The only way I would watch it now is if they didn a complete revamp and made Drew the main character.

Well, they had to write Janitor off the show, since he's in "The Middle" and that was picked up for a full season by the time Scrubs had aired.

Are these same writers that written the earlier Scrubs seasons? The show hit its peak during the last season and they didn't need to come back with another season. I really hope they cancel the show. The only way I would watch it now is if they didn a complete revamp and made Drew the main character.

I know three producers from Scrubs went onto Community this season, which is having the strongest first season since Arrested Development's.

Plus Cougar Town probably distracted Bill Lawerence. Also Faison and McGinley's pilots last year weren't picked up which made them available for the show. He basically did this season since ABC asked if he wanted to do it and he wanted to employ the crew for 13-22 more episodes.

8-9 seasons is still a good run by any measure, in the tv landscape, you're considered a success if you make it past 4 seasons

I'll always consider the 8th season the final season, and the 9th a "What if?"

Drew and Cole were probably my favorites of the new season but they weren't enough to make the show un-boring. I think Lucy being the main character had much to do with the boring factor.

Scrubs had the perfect ending last year.While I tried to like Season 9 it just felt odd.I finally started to get used to it by the last episode.It seemed weird without Carla.

I didn't know there was a 9th season at all. I just recently learned of it and watched the entire season. I actually liked it more than I thought I would, especially after my friends initial description of it. And I agree, Drew should have been the main character. Lucy is just annoying.

Just finished the show on Netflix. What a memorable TV series. It had everything. Drama, comedy and great characters. I was sad to see it end.

One of my laugh out loud scenes was during season 8. JD and Elliott would go to Kim's house to drop off Sam. Every time Kim would put her hands on JD, Elliott would have to have sex with him. JD then came in the house and Kim noticed a piece of fuzz in his hair. JD then though out loud "I know...I put it there". :lmao:

Some of the earlier seasons are my favorites. Wished they had stopped at 8 since season 9 was terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"