Season 1, Episode 10 "AKA 1,000 Cuts" (USE SPOILER TAGS!)

Discussion in 'Jessica Jones' started by Pwoper Nereguar, Nov 17, 2015.

1. gildedmuse

gildedmuse Snark Is A Superpower

That scene really got to me, too. Sure, the sister is a weird, annoying person but does that mean it doesn't matter when she loses someone she loves? And she clearly had a lot of problems, which lead her to stalking and pressuring Malcolm into action but like he said, she feels better doing something rather than nothing. Her actions all made sense to me and while she clearly wasn't suppose to be an enjoyable character, I didn't find myself frustrated by her.

2. metaphysician

metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

The core theme to her is "just because a person is utterly unlikable, doesn't mean they deserve to have bad things happen to them."

3. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

This whole show has been amazing including this episode until the absolute idiot sister character who has been an unfunny Jar Jar Binks on steroids annoyance throughout and for some reason they give her a crucial role at this important stage. Terribly written and horribly overacted. Coming in the last 3 episodes of the show it kills all that momentum painstakingly built up. I almost feel like turning off. :dry:

4. Iceman

Uhhh that's not AT ALL what is wrong with her. Of course it matters that her brother was killed (as much as it would for anyone) :huh: The problem is she is a loud, totally over the top cartoon character that's supposed to be quirky/funny and absolutely fails (her brother was much better in that regard). And at least previously they'd kept her to being a minor character but now she gets a load of screentime and has a large effect on the plot. She took me out of the show and stopped me taking the threat seriously with the annoying overacting. :csad:

5. flickchick85

flickchick85 Mod of Might

Ok by "sister character" for a second there I thought you were referring to Trish and I was ready to throwdown, lol.

But yes, Robyn is hella annoying. I thought she'd become more tolerable after becoming a victim of Kilgrave herself, but nope, still horrible.

6. Iceman

Haha, yes wouldn't blame you. She was a great character, the best outside of JJ, LC and KG.